Setting up the Global Warming lies to come

OCinBuffalo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

' Almost all the alterations resulted in higher temperatures being reported for the present and lower numbers for the past--with the higher numbers being used to demonstrate a historical warming trend--than the numbers that were actually recorded. Downward homogenizations in recent years were rare. In some areas, downward temperature trends measured over time showed a significantly increased temperature trend after homogenization. The difference between actually measured temperatures and homogenized temperatures topped 4 degrees Celsius over certain periods at some measuring stations.'

4 degrees celsius is a significant fudge of the numbers (almost 7 and a half degrees farenheit I believe), and enough to frighten many into backing the global warming alarmist cause who otherwise wouldn't.

So, I don't know where the truth about global warming lies. As a scientist, there is tons of dogma and problems with both sides. I would strongly disagree the science is settled. I thought I'd share my simplistic way of looking at this issue. The data are relatively simple (not a lot of modeling) and it actually highlights quite well the amount of dogma being injected.

AGW people think it's an anomaly in the trek to zero sea ice but is it?

Nice work. My take is: there's a hell of a lot of variables there, and that's just talking about sea ice. Too many variables, with too many disparate trends, to call anything "settled". You don't have to be a scientist....you can be in a number of vocations, and recognize "too many variables" when you see it, not like any of it, and say it's time for a better plan. Clearly this isn't something we should base our future economic plans upon.

As far as the bolded goes? "EVERYTHING that doesn't support AGW is an anomaly"....is otherwise known as: a tautology...for AGW people. :lol:

The real anomaly? Getting an AGW cultist to admit anything that doesn't support their faith is not an anomaly. Hell, that would be news.

Look above, and there's all the links to the fudging of temperature data by NOAA, and now, the Australians have been caught doing it as well.

I know, I know, more anomalies.....

Edited by OCinBuffalo

So predicting temperature trends is about like predicting the outcome of a flip of a coin. You can pick slightly higher or slightly lower and have a 50% chance of being right.

Except when you base an entire industry, an integral part of political party's platform, funding grants from here to eternity, a chance to demonstrate the terrible consequences of capitalism, and the paychecks(some larger than others, Al Gore) of hundreds of thousands of people...

....on one side of that coin.

Then? You will catch hell if you flip that coin. Merely suggesting that the coin be flipped, even one time, makes you a "denier", since, "everybody" already "knows" which side always comes up.

In Hillary Clintonese:

"You're right to be concerned, but, it's already settled KTF. See, really there's no reason to flip the coin. Best to put it back in your pocket and let the enlightened people handle this. They already know the outcome. They know the outcome because this has all been modeled, over and over, and every time the coin always lands the same way.

So, why don't you be a good little taxpayer/home owner/car owner/parent, and simply accept that things are going to cost more, and you're going to get less? You don't want to be the cause of a global catastrophe do you? If that catastrophe were to come, this willl be 100% your fault, not China's not India's, yours! It's much easier than us calling you names, and think of the children!

You don't want to be responsible for messing up everything we have planned do you? That's right, put the coin back in your pocket, and please take this free cell phone instead. We'll be sure to check back in with you if we hear...I mean...if we think you might still be tempted to flip that coin".

:lol:

someone forgot to tell the walruses it's a lie: http://finance.yahoo...-151404142.html

And on the same page, below the article? This:

NOW WATCH: Icelandic Commission Confirms That Video Of Mythical Sea Monster Lagarfljótsormur Is Actually Real

Which is simply another story about using a small set of data to prove a myth, or a lie, or a scam. Take your pick. In this scam, it's not about getting free government grant money while producing 0 results(see: EPA grants)/blackmailing corporations/chasing ambulances(which is what most of the professional Democrats do when they aren't working on campaigns). Rather, this time it's about tourism $.

In both cases, we have people trying to make money based on a myth. The difference is, the lake monster people don't run around calling other people names, when they are the ones...if you don't like lying, then let's try: dissembling, falsifying data, forging documents, and demanding massive government action = lining their pockets. And, yeah I can post a link for every one of those charges, if not 10.

Can you post a single link that shows a single climate skeptic doing any of those things? No. You cannot.

I love it when you post. It gives me a chance to practice my irony observation skills, and you are always good for some irony, b-dog.

and you are never good for any facts or data. just your opinion. it and about $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee at mcdonalds.

are you stating that you don't believe that the ice flow in alaska is significantly decreased. or that walruses are just happily unpredictable creatures that do thing like inhabit an island en masse just for a good picture?

Is this like a couple years ago when all the seals at Fisherman's Wharf in SF all disappeared? Everyone cried gloom and doom! It was the end of the world! "We have to do something!!" That is until a couple years later when they all came back.