Three guys that need more chatter:

Simon

You think Legursky gets a look at LG once he's ready to go?

Legursky starts when healthy. Brown was never intended to start IMO. They took a chance when Levitre walked and are losing the bet so far. But the Bills line is pretty good so far in general. Left guard is the least important spot on the o line.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn's been praised by most since day one and has fully deserved it. Looks like the Bills hit on him.

Urbik, I'm not so high on. Note that you didn't mention his pass blocking.

Colin Brown is terrible.

I did briefly mention his pass blocking. I don't think he's been a concern in that area at all so far this year. I'm curious as to why you think he is?

Wait, Cordy is playing well? Not according to this guy over on a jets board "if we want to beat the jills, we'll have to attack the weakest part of the team, their o-line. gordy glenn at LT is having problems so hopefully we can take advantage of that"

hahahaha....Funniest Post of the year!!!!

I think the number 1 person not getting enough love is kiko. 1 int 1 sack 1 PBU 9 tackles and 1 assist and EJ is up for rookie of the week for this team? Get outta my face. Plus his int came when Carolina was knocking and his sack ended the game. All crucial moments not garbage time.

wrong, boyo ..... Kiko has been widely praised in all circles I have seen. As Sully even mentioned, it looks like da Bills hit on their first 3 draft picks.....EJ, Woods, & Kiko

I mentioned in another thread yesterday that LG will be a significant issue in the Bills draft next year. I would not be shocked to see them pick CB, LG in rounds one and two.

I just realized that McKelvin is a pivotal piece in the Draft 2014. Completions in his area are fewer percentagewise than Revis through 2 games. I would think TE-OG would be the result if McKelvin keeps this up.

But that brings back the point of just how important is LG? Brown has had what might be two of the worst games for a guard this season, and yet the Bills are doing well running the ball and EJ rarely has been pressured, and his only sack came off a poor block by his FB on a safety blitz...

Apparently his poor play is not hampering them too much...

Urbik, Wood, and Glenn have prevented the disaster that is Colin Brown from destroying this offense. As for Legursky, I think he will be less penalty-prone than Brown, but still a significantly-worse player than a quality left guard. We'll be drafting a guard or convert a drafted tackle early next year.

You think Legursky gets a look at LG once he's ready to go?

I don't think they have any choice but to give Legursky a shot. Although somewhat better from a discipline standpoint in week 2, Brown has been absolutely putrid. I can't believe they didn't make a run at Velasco when he was released.

I disagree. As challenged as Brown has been this year, he looked much much better in pre-season than Legursky, who was playing against worse competition, and that was before he got hurt.

"Addition by subtraction" is lazy thinking. Have you actually seen Legursky play better? If Legurski has to play, we're in big trouble.

Next year's starting left guard is not yet on the team.

Its a dupe about Brown. A coaching swindle . he appears to be horrible but he is working his craft . He is being brutalized yet no sacks or pressures from that side.

About the Cordon Glenn. First , i told you so.

and secondish.

HELL NO HE"S NOT A TACKLE !

Yep he is playing very well indeed. Thanks for noticing Brother !

Bills O line is working hard for the Kid. Two games with no injuries to the Five Guys is nice too.

agreed that Legursky may be better discilplined but i also agree that the team does not have their left guard of the future employed yet. trust in Marrone i suppose. it works for Glenn Wood Urbik and Pears so far

Colin Brown isn't bad, he is a JAG but he is actually pretty decent JAG, if he was bad EJ simply would not have any time. He has played against 2 very good lines the last two weeks just as Glenn and Urbik have. He is at least as good as Rinehart. Rinehart was okay too but people on here never liked him when he played either. All that being said Brown's run blocking this year has been less than good, which is the opposite of his strengthens in the past, I think it is the change in scheme. He is getting much more 1 on 1 assignments this year than even Andy did in the past.

I think Pears is doing a really wonderful job this year. It might be an option to have Hairston (sp?) play LG if the staff really feels it is necessary to do so. I thought Legursky looked like crap before he was hurt, I don't know maybe it is my computer and I am seeing different games.

By all standards the O line has been very good to date. So if Brown stinks, which apparently he does, what does that tell you about the value of the guard position? As far more knowledgeable people than me pointed out about Levitre, the position isn't worth the money he wanted.