Three guys that need more chatter:

Simon

I mentioned in another thread yesterday that LG will be a significant issue in the Bills draft next year. I would not be shocked to see them pick CB, LG in rounds one and two.

Although the Bills are trending towards being a team which can pick the best player available. When you reach that point, you increase your odds of draft success.

We'll be drafting a guard or convert a drafted tackle early next year.

It'll be interesting to see if Whaley adheres to Nix's philosophy of drafting tackles and moving them to guard if they don't show well at tackle. Interestingly, Colin Brown was a tackle for much of his football career due probably to his height.

Nix's philosophy is an interesting one because interior line is a slightly different skill set from tackle so if you move a guy inside, he has to be able to play with good pad level and leverage for instance.

It might be an option to have Hairston (sp?) play LG if the staff really feels it is necessary to do so. I thought Legursky looked like crap before he was hurt, I don't know maybe it is my computer and I am seeing different games.

However I believe that Hairston is out for the season.

Anyways, two years ago I wanted the Bills to draft Cordy in the first round. They got him in the second.

This past year I wanted the Bills to take EJ at number 8. They traded down, got Kiko, and still got EJ.

This is kind of like being in heaven right now. I'm ecstatic with our premium picks from the last two drafts.

And kudos to Buddy for the Urbik signing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed

but his name is mispelled for some odd reason

Yeah, I've screwed it up before, I should have looked it up.

Rhinehart would have put Brown and Legursky to shame. I can see why we let Levitre walk. But letting Rhinehart go made no sense.

JR, I couldn't agree more. My question is to the media...why the heck haven't you guys asked more questions about this when he was let go or as a follow-up now?

Honestly, I don't think I have ever heard this, or any other question about him put to the powers that be and not only is it an issue right now at RG, but probably one back in the off season.

Yeah, I've screwed it up before, I should have looked it up.

JR, I couldn't agree more. My question is to the media...why the heck haven't you guys asked more questions about this when he was let go or as a follow-up now?

Honestly, I don't think I have ever heard this, or any other question about him put to the powers that be and not only is it an issue right now at RG, but probably one back in the off season.

exactly. the correct speelling is Chas Rhinegold (sp)

Although the Bills are trending towards being a team which can pick the best player available. When you reach that point, you increase your odds of draft success.

It'll be interesting to see if Whaley adheres to Nix's philosophy of drafting tackles and moving them to guard if they don't show well at tackle. Interestingly, Colin Brown was a tackle for much of his football career due probably to his height.

Nix's philosophy is an interesting one because interior line is a slightly different skill set from tackle so if you move a guy inside, he has to be able to play with good pad level and leverage for instance.

Anyways, two years ago I wanted the Bills to draft Cordy in the first round. They got him in the second.

This past year I wanted the Bills to take EJ at number 8. They traded down, got Kiko, and still got EJ.

This is kind of like being in heaven right now. I'm ecstatic with our premium picks from the last two drafts.

how do you thinks i feel I wanted that and Dareus , which is starting to shape up alot better than Von Miller.

All around the team is shaping up ,

At least this year we are already getting an idea of the our player true potential where as last season the blame was everywhere.

I also might have forgotten to mention that The offense seems healthier after two games in than previous coupla years.

And dont forget the Woodman who is really doing a nice job for Manual

Edited by 3rdand12

No doubt they've been pretty good, but Manuel has eluded three sacks (by my count) that would have brought down just about anyone else.

Agreed. O-line is solid AND Manuel avoids when neccasary.

That big throw to Woods for the 1st down would have been a 3 and out with Fitzy.

(The one where Rivera challenged for some reason.)

So once again we have a QB whose style of play is making the OLine better than it really is...

Thought when Fritzy left the OLine was doomed because no QB could chuck the ball three yards down field quicker than he could.

Oi, you are right, I didn't realize that they finally IR'd him (and Buddy saying it was my primary reason for that speculation, well... along with Pears doing so well right now)..

And an irony, people said Glenn was a better guard and we should move him back inside.

Edited by bowery4

McKelvin has made some horrific mistakes in the past, but give him credit for stepping it up this year with Gilmore out. I mean, he got into Steve Smith's face the entire game, which means he's one tough dude. So far so good for LM.

His play has been a very pleasant surprise. When Gilmore returns the Bills will have a very solid CB pair.

I have been all over TBD about Cordy Glenn not being a LT in the NFL.

He deserves a lot of credit for the way he has played through two games against very good DL's. Glenn is a legit LT in this league.

Respect for owning it, but why did you think so in the first place? You can knock Nix for some things but he seemed great at finding olinemen.

This was in the "those who saw Manual" thread Just thought I'd post it here because you can see the pass blocking well and play it over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3ysw4beLk&feature=youtu.be

Got that from another board. Someone put it together. EJ Manual-All the Throws week 2 against Carolina.

Although I think he played solid, seems like a lot of his throws decided before he even snaps the ball. This was evident in his interception. Again, I think this is typical for young quarterbacks, obviously he needs to learn to go through his progressions a little more. I'm still impressed.

Thanks for that! The line played extremely well (Carolina's front 7 are really good), 6 hurries/scrambles (no sacks or one sack if you count the fumble) one on CJ, one on Urbik/Wood (but more Urbik), a designed blitz with no one to pick up the 2 blitzers (on the winning TD btw) and 3 on Brown only one, which was real bad. People are killing Brown on this board and should take a look at that clip.

I did think he was a bit worse in run blocking during the game but I would like to have a look at those too. IMO he played good enough, not great but decent, he's a JAG player so that is good in my book.

Oh and last thing this and the three guys thread are pretty similar and should be merged IMO

Our veteran free agent acquisitions have worked out really well.

Lawson is a very long player with long arms which he uses very well to disengage from blocks. The tackle he made on a scrambling Cam Newton was phenomenal. His ability to fend off blockers and seal his side on run plays is superior. He understands the game and takes up space in short zones. I think Cinci let him go partly due to money and partly due to scheme fit but I'm sure they hated to see him go.

Branch has to be one of the best rotational D-tackles in the league. He can play either one-gap or two-gap styles and has very good instincts.

This was in the "those who saw Manual" thread Just thought I'd post it here because you can see the pass blocking well and play it over and over.

[/size]

Oh and last thing this and the three guys thread are pretty similar and should be merged IMO

Thanks for the video link. I'll watch it when I get back from work.

As for the merge, even more so because I believe Simon only named two players.

:)

Thanks for the video link. I'll watch it when I get back from work.

As for the merge, even more so because I believe Simon only named two players.

:)

That was my intent when I went fishing for this thread - it was on page 3.

Simon did add Glenn to the first two. It's around post #5 or so on his first page.