Cut Frank Summers

mob16151

After the penalty on the punt, Frank came stomping over to the bench with this "who **** in the punch bowl" look on his face... He then started complaining to the players around him, don't remember who they were, but it was in the area Stevie and FredEx sat most if the game... He was saying crap like "he held me first".... Just the way he was crying, and the defense of his actions makes me want to send him on a vacation to cutsville.

This is 100% factual!

I'm a bit more concerned about the coaches maybe not being tough enough on not accepting mistakes. Go back and watch Marrone clapping after Aaron Williams late hit. The players seem a bit undisciplined and Hackett being allowed to call a similar game as week one has me concerned about the ship Marrone runs.

Whaley is always looking for ways to improve the team, and no fullbacks job ever seems safe in the NFL, but Summers had a great camp. I guarantee Marrone and Hackett are in his face first thing tuesday morning. Clean up your game, use your head, refine your technique or we find someone else who will.

What happened to Corey Mcintyre? Great special teamer and blocker no?

After the penalty on the punt, Frank came stomping over to the bench with this "who **** in the punch bowl" look on his face... He then started complaining to the players around him, don't remember who they were, but it was in the area Stevie and FredEx sat most if the game... He was saying crap like "he held me first".... Just the way he was crying, and the defense of his actions makes me want to send him on a vacation to cutsville.

This is 100% factual!

If what you posted is true, then I have to say I'm absolutely shocked that an NFL player had an emotional reaction after getting called for a penalty at a crucial point of a game.

Hopefully when he shows up to RWS tomorrow to look at film, all of the contents of his locker are piled up in the parking lot with a printout of this thread.

Whaley is always looking for ways to improve the team, and no fullbacks job ever seems safe in the NFL, but Summers had a great camp. I guarantee Marrone and Hackett are in his face first thing tuesday morning. Clean up your game, use your head, refine your technique or we find someone else who will.

What happened to Corey Mcintyre? Great special teamer and blocker no?

McIntyre is 34, Summers is 28.

A decision about cutting him would depend upon at least three things if I were GM/HC 1. Is there a more useful than Summers player I can acquire? I think many of us armchair GMs are happy to simply get rid of this or that player when the reality is that even by game 3 any player not on the team right now comes in with the significant problem that they have not lived and breathed the Bills system for critical training and getting on the same page with his teammates of the end of camp and the first two games. I am willing to cut a player whom I judge hurts my team but I easily can see how simply signing a player who by definition was not good enough to make an NFL squad makes me pretty reluctant to cut a guy after one bad game. 2. In addition to consideration of individual player talent I am concerned about what this teaches the remaining Bills. If I think it is useful to motivate my team by demonstrating the Turk may show up if a player makes a mistake then I am more inclined to cut him. However, if I want to teach my team that they are all in this together and need to pull for each other when one of them, fails I do not axe Summers but really demand and demonstrate that the team will support them in bad times. For NOW I do not panic yet and I keep Summers and try to train him up to snuff. Right now my group of talented players having just dodged a bullet to scrape out a win in a game they easily could have given away may be on the verge of becoming a TEAM. In order for this mere group to become a winning TEAM the whole must be more than the sum of the most talented parts. I simply am more interested in emphasizing the positives by teaching Summers to play better than emphasizing the negative by casting about for some reject from the entire league to get plugged into Summers spot.

OMG, a thread to cut a guy after he made a mistake. Is this going to go on all season?

Actually that is a positive thing. In the past due to our crappy depth, we never could cut a guy who made mistakes and the players knew that.

Actually that is a positive thing. In the past due to our crappy depth, we never could cut a guy who made mistakes and the players knew that.

Its probably more important to think positively about training marginal players rather than focus on the buzzkill of cutting marginal players after the psychic boost of a last second win. The focus now is building a TEAM rather than simply cutting a bad player who knows are system for another bad player who does not know our system.

If what you posted is true, then I have to say I'm absolutely shocked that an NFL player had an emotional reaction after getting called for a penalty at a crucial point of a game.

Hopefully when he shows up to RWS tomorrow to look at film, all of the contents of his locker are piled up in the parking lot with a printout of this thread.

Re-read the post... An emotional reaction is one thing, bitching about getting flagged when he DID commit the penalty and trying to make an excuse for it is a mark of a loser.... If you are trying to justify it, maybe you are a loser, too

Edited by CountryCletus

Re-read the post... An emotional reaction is one thing, bitching about getting flagged when he DID commit the penalty and trying to make an excuse for it is a mark of a loser.... If you are trying to justify it, maybe you are a loser, too

Yes, I'm a loser--- because I wasted my time responding to your stupid post.

Summers should be cut today. make an example out of him.

bonehead personal foul play ripping off guys helmet giving Carolina possession back after a punt. then got physically abused trying to protect the pocket which directly led to EJ getting ball knocked out of his hands.

Freddy & CJ should be playing TOGETHER before any FB or third WR gets a snap.

putting CJ in the slot against a LB is a MISMATCH !!

Multiple possible game changing mistakes.

right. HUGE mistakes.

but you could also say "fire hackett" for not only some bad/conservative play calls (will we please take the 1 yard pass to TE out of the playbook or at least use Gragg for it?), but for putting a guy like Summers out there IN pass protection on crucial drives, when he's never done it as a pro. seems like there could have been better options. why not Jackson, or another TE?

Yes, I'm a loser--- because I wasted my time responding to your stupid post.

Woah... Never said u were a loser... Don't even know you... But his junk attitude and reflexive actions have no place on this team... Hopefully he learns from this, but if this keeps up, he can throw his tantrums in the arena league...

right. HUGE mistakes.

but you could also say "fire hackett" for not only some bad/conservative play calls (will we please take the 1 yard pass to TE out of the playbook or at least use Gragg for it?), but for putting a guy like Summers out there IN pass protection on crucial drives, when he's never done it as a pro. seems like there could have been better options. why not Jackson, or another TE?

That's actually a pretty good point. Be interested to see how Hackett uses Summers next week.