The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

WOW."The minutea" 4.2 million people have had their plans cancelled.

You are heartless

Lol, yeah a real prick. Life is hard sometimes, but I am sure those people will find compliant plans that fits their needs, just like my Aunt did in California.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah a real prick. Life is hard sometimes, but I am sure those people will find compliant plans that fits their needs, just like my Aunt did in California.

The problem was never finding plans that fit their needs. The problem was that people didn't want to PAY for them.

Hell, i could get health coverage from Lloyds of London if I wanted. But I'd have to pay for it. They'll take any side of any bet for a price.

I'm confused by your answer. You're saying that in Colorado you have to buy car insurance if you DON'T have a car, and if you DO have a car, you have to buy two policies?

its was a joke

If you don't have a car, you don't buy car insurance.

There's nothing like a good joke.

And that was nothing like a good joke.

I have to give B and gator credit, they are willing to go down with this wreck, more so than the guy that it's named after, because it's always someone else's fault.

Edited by Gary M

Fine, I'd love to scrap the whole employer insurance system and go with a goverment run system, but that is politically impossible.

I think you're half right here. Completely agree that employer provided health insurance should be scrapped. It's dumb on so many levels. Let people shop for and buy whatever health insurance they want. Add tax credits in the tax code for health insurance/health care costs.

We have government provided health care in Medicaid and Medicare. Both are causing state and federal governments to go broke. Putting everyone on similar programs and letting government run them with government employees and letting government decide what benefits will or won't be provided and how much to pay doctors is not a formula for success.

Edited by keepthefaith

The problem was never finding plans that fit their needs. The problem was that people didn't want to PAY for them.

Hell, i could get health coverage from Lloyds of London if I wanted. But I'd have to pay for it. They'll take any side of any bet for a price.

My Aunt had a horrific policy that cover very little because she was self-employed and had an "inconclusive MRI" for headaches 10 years ago. her policy had exclusions to any condition regarding the head/neck area (i don't recall the exact verbage)

She has signed up for a new policy which will indeed cost her more money, but it is without exclusion and covers expenses after her large deductible. She was a case where she saw the old plan being cancelled a plus, even in lieu of the money. She is more bent about her outrageous California Water Bill, which I guess is extremely expensive.

There's nothing like a good joke.

And that was nothing like a good joke.

swing and a miss. maybe you can come out to Colorado, we'll get you set up with some Recreational, get that sense of humor fine tuned.

Your question about life insurance is silly. Why are people ruined by a death in the family? Because the family is left with f'n medical bills to pay off, I mean DUH! Sorry if DUH is too immature for you, but OMG, its th--no, it's--the internet

It's funny in how many subjects you can be so totally wrong in.

I have to give B and gator credit, they are willing to go down with this wreck, more so than the guy that it's named after, because it's always someone else's fault.

Sorry.............there is NO comparison with those posters.

One lives in the state of ignorance.......................the other in the state of Colorado.

How exactly is paying premiums and decutibles on your private health policy and using private hospital and doctors "Government Healthcare?" Are you suggesting getting a credit to buy Private Coverage is Government Run?

Even Medicare and Medicaid use private providers.

If you are talking VA, then no argument.

What was your point? That Amercians should be able to forgo having Health Insurance, still get treated and skirt reposnibility to pay for it? Or that everyone should get Variable Life to pay for cancer if they get it?

That health insurance needs to be marketed and priced differently so people realize the importance of getting it while they're young to lock in a low premium for the rest of their life.

And who mentioned anything about variable life? :huh:

Edited by Chef Jim

I think you're half right here. Completely agree that employer provided health insurance should be scrapped. It's dumb on so many levels. Let people shop for and buy whatever health insurance they want. Add tax credits in the tax code for health insurance/health care costs.

I disagree that they should be scrapped, but do feel that employer paid plans are more appropriately given out as fringe benefits rather than as a standard offering. Additionally I agree with Chef's suggestion that health insurance should be purchased similar to life insurace; with two addendums. 1) Universal uncapped HSA's (courtesy of Dr. Ben Carson). 2) A national catastrophic pool.

My Aunt had a horrific policy that cover very little because she was self-employed and had an "inconclusive MRI" for headaches 10 years ago. her policy had exclusions to any condition regarding the head/neck area (i don't recall the exact verbage)

She has signed up for a new policy which will indeed cost her more money, but it is without exclusion and covers expenses after her large deductible. She was a case where she saw the old plan being cancelled a plus, even in lieu of the money. She is more bent about her outrageous California Water Bill, which I guess is extremely expensive.

swing and a miss. maybe you can come out to Colorado, we'll get you set up with some Recreational, get that sense of humor fine tuned.

Did your aunt even try to find a better policy until now?

Yes. It was one of those last-second "the music is playing, they're ending the segment and cutting to commercial, so I better blurt out something fast" things. He, like Juan Williams, also is great at repeatedly telling everyone how Obama's lie "only affects" 5% of the people with insurance...and that's just a very small number. I mean, yes, that IS over 18 million people, but 5% sounds small.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people are benefitting on account of getting new or discounted coverage? I'm just curious how that compares to the 18 million getting !@#$ed.

And no, I'm not Sue and I'm not going to do my own homework

Not often I promote California beyond its scenery and weather, but Colorado has a long way to go before it can compete with California's Recreational.

It's funny in how many subjects you can be so totally wrong in.

Like in how I think the government should provide health care to it's citizens, right?

We have government provided health care in Medicaid and Medicare. Both are causing state and federal governments to go broke. Putting everyone on similar programs and letting government run them with government employees and letting government decide what benefits will or won't be provided and how much to pay doctors is not a formula for success.

The government is going broke? What does that even mean? If other, less prosperous nations can do it, so can we. Hell, the UK did it right after WW2 when they were heavily burdened with other costs and the UK is still there, way wealthier than they used to be

Like in how I think the government should provide health care to it's citizens, right?

The government is going broke? What does that even mean? If other, less prosperous nations can do it, so can we. Hell, the UK did it right after WW2 when they were heavily burdened with other costs and the UK is still there, way wealthier than they used to be

why should we have free health care from the gov? I don't give a crap if my neighbor has health insurance. What is it to me?

why should we have free health care from the gov? I don't give a crap if my neighbor has health insurance. What is it to me?

Because we can, and then you can still not give a crap and no one will care that you don't care. What type of sick fok doesn't want people to get health care when they are sick? Oh ya, the average Conservative voter :wallbash:

Sorry.............there is NO comparison with those posters.

One lives in the state of ignorance.......................the other in the state of Colorado.

thanks B, I appreciate it- while we rarely agree on policy, I happen to agree about this!

Did your aunt even try to find a better policy until now?

She made multiple attempts while she had her company and after she sold- all but one company outright refused to write a policy on her, and like I said the one that did excluded a ton of stuff. Now, she is not a great example because she has very health resources and could pay out of pocket to a large extent... but she is no dummy, at her age and Medicare in the not so distant future, a new policy even if more expensive makes alot of sense.

Not often I promote California beyond its scenery and weather, but Colorado has a long way to go before it can compete with California's Recreational.

We are nipping your heels, its only a matter of time. Though you gusy do have an edge with that open border with the motherland...

That health insurance needs to be marketed and priced differently so people realize the importance of getting it while they're young to lock in a low premium for the rest of their life.

And who mentioned anything about variable life? :huh:

Agreed, its a great suggestion- I know I got my life insurance in place asap whe I got married, good thing too, got a diagnoses 6 months later that probably excludes me now.

I figured you were talking about Universal Life of Variable Life, I think they hold cash value- money that might be able to used for Medical Expenses?