Panthers fan analysis here

Happy Panther

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHHHmmmmm....Easy win for the good guys this week; 27-13. One of the scores comes via special teams for the Bills....over and out. Oh, been to Panthers Stadium - nice place, in a proper location, (the city). Many friends there - in the end, until Can Newton gets some help, you are going no where....

Lived in Charlotte for 20 years...Have Cam Cam on both my fantasy teams...The Panthers are my 2nd team because my nephew loves them...The Panthers front 7 is legit. I think it's better than the Pats front 7...The Panthers LB's are really good...Cam started slow last year, so this may be a good spot for the Bills to get him...Still...If the Bills play sloppy like they did vs the Pats I would not be surprised at all to see the Panthers come in and take this one...I think no matter what it's going to be close...

If the Bills cut the penalties and turnovers they should be OK...If not I think it's 0-2 for Buffalo... B-)

Is the Panther offense really as impotent as it looked against the Seahawks?

I think it's possible. They do not have much of a run game whatsoever. DeAngelo Williams has lost more than a step. And a lot of Newton's success two years ago was predicated on having success in the run game. If he doesn't have that to lean on, I think their offense is average at best. The defense will keep them in games though, as evidenced by Sunday.

Wait a minute, there was analysis after the picture?

We waited for you to . . . finish . . .

"finish looking" . . . at the picture, of course is what I meant to say. And reading the article, most importantly. :rolleyes:

We forgot to factor in your nap . . . afterward.

Apologies.

Edited by maddenboy

Welcome to the board

Carolina had a tough home opener against the possible NFC SB team this year in the Seattle Seahawks. Buffalo's D is no where near as good as the Seahawks, Newton should have a field day.

I've been very skeptical of the Bills O line this offseason. We are going to see if that line can pass block against a team that will blitz more then 6 times in 32 drop backs like the Patriots did. NE showed how to stack the box to stop Spiller.

As much as I want the Bills to win, I simply don't think the defense is up for the challenge.

Panthers fan here. PSL owner goes to every game. Here are my thoughts. And a picture from Sunday

1208786_10200936184860239_1621954638_n.jpg

And good luck Sunday.

1) Our defensive front is legit. Like best in the NFL legit. If we had a stud secondary we might have the best defense in the league. We have an OK secondary with some potential. IF you guys light up our defense I might by a Bills hat.

2) Our offensive line was supposed to stink but they did just fine on Sunday. Very few penalties and very few sacks.

3) Despite this our offense was anemic. 125 yards passing from our star QB and 7 points. It was a combination of very sloppy execution, conservative play-calling and probably coaching overall.

4) Our last 4 seasons have started 0-3, 0-5, 2-8, and 1-6. The fan base here is completely tired of having nothing to root for after the first week in October.

5) We consistently find a way to lose close games. We were playoff caliber last year and probably this year but something is obviously missing. Lots of losses by a touchdown or less.

6) Our head coach and offensive coach are probably on the hot-seat already and need a good game.

7) We have a great new GM from the Giants and will see how that pans out.

8) We have quite a few Buffalo transplants on Charlotte for whatever reason. IF you want to chime in on buffalo wings click here:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/90527-in-honor-of-this-weeks-game-best-buffalo-wings-in-charlotte/

Be nice

Your fans have always been pretty good fans compared to some of the obnoxious ones so good luck.

I'll predict a 17-14 game one way or the other.

Here's a fun fact... Do some research into how many nfl football games are won/lost by one score... I always used to think we were on the brink of legitamcy bc we were (for example) 7-9 with 5 losses by less than one score... The percentage of games within a score is MUCH higher than you would think. Not trying to be an ass by any means... It truly is mind boggling.

Good luck this weekend, but not too much... I am making 2 predictions (based on play calling)

I will go with 17-14 either way if we have similar play calling as week 1

I will go with a two score victory for the Bills if we have more effective play calling, I.e., lets not run CJ up the middle 15 times in a row, or forget we can run 4-5 wide and open the field for him.... MOVE HIM AROUND!!!!! CREATE MISMATCHES!!!!

I love visiting the Carolinas, just a beautiful region. Love the beaches. We went to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon and last year visited the Outer Banks. People there seem more friendly and more relaxed that in NY (maybe it's a southern thing?). If I ever moved there I could see myself rooting for the Panthers (but still a Bills fan, of course). I like the blue/black color scheme.

Here's a fun fact... Do some research into how many nfl football games are won/lost by one score... I always used to think we were on the brink of legitamcy bc we were (for example) 7-9 with 5 losses by less than one score...

I agree, this always seems to get brought up for the Bills too (example: 6-10 would have become 10-6 if we won those 4 games that we lost by a score). This happens every year. Really though, if the team was good enough they would win. Period.

I love visiting the Carolinas, just a beautiful region. Love the beaches. We went to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon and last year visited the Outer Banks. People there seem more friendly and more relaxed that in NY (maybe it's a southern thing?). If I ever moved there I could see myself rooting for the Panthers (but still a Bills fan, of course). I like the blue/black color scheme.

I agree, this always seems to get brought up for the Bills too (example: 6-10 would have become 10-6 if we won those 4 games that we lost by a score). This happens every year. Really though, if the team was good enough they would win. Period.

Just explaining this to MrsCletus.... If for example, Buffalo is down by 3 and score a TD and converts the PAT, and there is no more scores, Buffalo wins by 4, and the opponent then loses by a score, the information for the statistic does not change... I was a math major, and I am pretty smart... JK!!

Love the post but you Panther fans need to chill a bit about your D-line. Lotulelei is awesome, steal of the draft but there is no way that line is near the best in the league. Kuechly is an absolute stud and the D as a whole is definitely improving so I get the excitement but I think Seattle's offense is kind of overrated so we'll see.

Cam Newton is such an interesting and polarizing figure and its easy to see why. I personally love the guy and hope he succeeds but I could just as easily see him setting your franchise back 5-10 years as well as him winning a Super Bowl. He really needs someone else to throw to other than Steve Smith (another one of my favorite players).

With another solid draft and a new head coach I could definitely see Carolina being a force in 2014 and beyond. As far as this Sunday goe your score prediction is pretty spot on, I'd say the Bills win by kneeling after a last minute INT but that's probably more fandom than analysis haha.

Panthers fan here. PSL owner goes to every game. Here are my thoughts. And a picture from Sunday

1208786_10200936184860239_1621954638_n.jpg

And good luck Sunday.

1) Our defensive front is legit. Like best in the NFL legit. If we had a stud secondary we might have the best defense in the league. We have an OK secondary with some potential. IF you guys light up our defense I might by a Bills hat.

2) Our offensive line was supposed to stink but they did just fine on Sunday. Very few penalties and very few sacks.

3) Despite this our offense was anemic. 125 yards passing from our star QB and 7 points. It was a combination of very sloppy execution, conservative play-calling and probably coaching overall.

4) Our last 4 seasons have started 0-3, 0-5, 2-8, and 1-6. The fan base here is completely tired of having nothing to root for after the first week in October.

5) We consistently find a way to lose close games. We were playoff caliber last year and probably this year but something is obviously missing. Lots of losses by a touchdown or less.

6) Our head coach and offensive coach are probably on the hot-seat already and need a good game.

7) We have a great new GM from the Giants and will see how that pans out.

8) We have quite a few Buffalo transplants on Charlotte for whatever reason. IF you want to chime in on buffalo wings click here:

http://www.carolinah...s-in-charlotte/

Be nice

Your fans have always been pretty good fans compared to some of the obnoxious ones so good luck.

I'll predict a 17-14 game one way or the other.

I liked them more when they wore black boots.

Gut-check time for both teams. I saw this game as being tougher for the Bills than the Patriots.

A low scoring game would not surprise me.