Jets or Pats* on TNF - can't decide

YoloinOhio

My thoughts go two ways. One part of me says Jets because a Bills win and Miami loss would mean all teams in the AFC East are 1-1. It's a clean slate for everyone to a degree. The other part of me believes pretty strongly that the Patriots are winning the division no matter what. As such, I want them to win as many games in the division against the Jets and Dolphins as possible to enhance Buffalo's chances of a wildcard. I guess at the end of the day, it's a win-win situation.

Pretty sure the Jets won last week. It was close but a win is a win. So The Jets would b topo the AFCE and the rest of the div would b 1-1!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have too many friends and acquaintances who are Jets fans. If the Jets beat the Pats after the Bills couldn't, I would be abused mercilessly. I also don't want Rex or Geno to have any more bragging rights. Mathematically, it may make more sense for the Pats to lose in order to make parity more likely in the AFC East (if the Bills can beat the Jets), but I really think that I will be slightly rooting for the Pats.

I feel unclean... this feels a little like choosing between which one I'd rather have, herpes or genital warts. In this scenario, I'd have to say that the Jets are herpes. I'd like to think that if the Jets win it would only be due to the decimated receiving corps of NE*, and that despite one game of bragging rights, there's practically a guarantee that the wheels will fall off before too long, whereas NE* has a much greater chance to iron out the kinks as the season wears on, barring an injury to Mrs. Bundchen, so it's important that they dig a nice deep hole early on. Ok... I think I've talked myself into rooting for herpes. Of course, if the Bills can't take care of business, then I could care less, and all of this is mental masturbation. Regardless of the outcome, as others have stated, I hope there is a ton of animosity in this game and they help to add a few starters to the season ending IR for one another.

Sanchez needs season-ending shoulder surgery... he hasnt decided yet if he wants to do it now or rehab and wait. Likely will depend on how Geno does tonight since if he does have the surgery, he is effectively done in NY.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9663997/mark-sanchez-new-york-jets-likely-headed-surgery-labral-tear-shoulder-end-season-sources

I can't believe how much attention this game is getting. The Jets and Geno are getting so much love after they were beat but handed a victory anyways vs a terrible team. I think they are going to get a dose of reality tonight vs a very mediocre Patriots team with no healthy playmakers on the field. I think I officially hate the Jets more than the Pats now. I'm definitely not looking past Carolina, but I'm really looking forward to beating the Jets next week. Those guys need to get put in their place

Edited by kdiggz

I can't believe how much attention this game is getting. The Jets and Geno are getting so much love after they were beat but handed a victory anyways vs a terrible team. I think they are going to get a dose of reality tonight vs a very mediocre Patriots team with no healthy playmakers on the field. I think I officially hate the Jets more than the Pats now. I'm definitely not looking past Carolina, but I'm really looking forward to beating the Jets next week. Those guys need to get put in their place

I strongly dislike Geno. On ESPN this morning they were saying he looked really good in the Tampa game... converting on 3rd down, rolling out for yardage, etc. I despise NE but would love to see Geno have a bad game. I assure you based on the attitude I have seen from him since the draft, he is flying high. Has the line dropped yet from 12?

I strongly dislike Geno. On ESPN this morning they were saying he looked really good in the Tampa game... converting on 3rd down, rolling out for yardage, etc. I despise NE but would love to see Geno have a bad game. I assure you based on the attitude I have seen from him since the draft, he is flying high. Has the line dropped yet from 12?

Vegas Insider consensus has the Pats at -12. Most sports books opened at around -10. I actually have some money down on the Jets covering the spread. Not that I think the Jets are being underestimated, but I think the Pats are being overestimated- especially on a short week.

The Bills have been three point underdogs all week long.

He looked like a punk standing on that bench like a champion after they barely won that game. He should have been on his knees in front of the ref to thank him for making that game changing call. They should be 0-1. I hope we destroy them next week and we expose Geno for the bum he is

Don't care who wins, since they are both 1-0. I guess ideally, I'd like to see the Patriots lose, since we are already down on tiebreaker to them, and we have two games left against the Jets.

Maybe a few key season ending injuries to both teams would be nice, but I'm not one to wish injury on others. ;)

Don't care who wins, since they are both 1-0. I guess ideally, I'd like to see the Patriots lose, since we are already down on tiebreaker to them, and we have two games left against the Jets.

Maybe a few key season ending injuries to both teams would be nice, but I'm not one to wish injury on others. ;)

Jets already have Butt Fumble heading to IR and the Pats are rolling with UDFAs at WR. Hate to see any guys get badly injured, but supposedly there is a 60% of a rainstorm for the game so that could impact things.

Handsome was originally gender neutral, and was used to refer to women in many old works of literature (or works written in old english). Nowadays, however, it has become gender specific and isn't typically used when refering to women. So, you are both correct and incorrect, depending on the reader's particular point of view.

As the saying says, "You learn something new everyday". I didnt know this.

Either way Geno is one ugly sob.

Based on what? I thought it was the pats* that owned us for a decade. I thought it was the pats that have been getting all the love for a decade. And they just beat us last week!!!! If anything the pats should be getting some hate right about now. One week of love towards a qb vs a decade of love + many years to come for the pats qb? We will have to endure how Brady is the best or top 5 qb of all time for the next 50 years. That pisses me off. Geno getting some baby attention.... It's not even on my radar. I dont get it.... I sometimes get the feeling that some Bills Fans are Bills and pats fans. Yuck!!!!

I'm confused... not that it matters all that much... but I can't tell if you just called you're wife handsome inadvertently in and effort to downplay your appreciation of handsome men, or if you were trying to justify finding EJ handsome because your "wife" is handsome as well... or maybe you do find your wife handsome, which I've always thought of as a masculine adjective, whereas hot is more gender neutral... unless, of course, you're using handsome to describe an amount (e.g, a handsome majority), in which case, if you just made reference to your "handsome" wife on a message board, you're just in trouble. :oops:

Actually, although it is a less common usage, it is perfectly reasonable to refer to a female as "handsome". It does imply a more dignified sort of beauty. IE - refined (and symmetrical) facial features are "handsome" on a man or woman - but you probably wouldn't call impressive cleavage "handsome".

A list of "handsome" actors AND actresses: http://www.imdb.com/list/TA33EtTqC8E/

From Merriam-Webster:

hand·some

adjective \ˈhan(t)-səm\

: pleasing to look at; especially of a person : having a pleasing appearance that causes romantic or sexual feelings in someone

: large in size or amount

: done or achieved in an impressive way

hand·som·erhand·som·est

Full Definition of HANDSOME

chiefly dialect
:

:
moderately large
:
<a painting that commanded a
handsome
price>

:
marked by skill or cleverness
:

:
marked by
or generosity
:
<
handsome
contributions to charity>

:
having a pleasing and usually impressive or dignified appearance
Edited by BobChalmers

Based on what? I thought it was the pats* that owned us for a decade. I thought it was the pats that have been getting all the love for a decade. And they just beat us last week!!!! If anything the pats should be getting some hate right about now. One week of love towards a qb vs a decade of love + many years to come for the pats qb? We will have to endure how Brady is the best or top 5 qb of all time for the next 50 years. That pisses me off. Geno getting some baby attention.... It's not even on my radar. I dont get it.... I sometimes get the feeling that some Bills Fans are Bills and pats fans. Yuck!!!!

I really, really, really try to be objective about football, and football teams (Bills notwithstanding)- mostly because of my propensity for gambling. The Bills, and the Pats have always been two teams that I almost never bet on, because of my inability to be objective about either of them. But, last year, I found that I had to add the Jets to that list. I can't help getting an emotional reaction to them. The Bills are my team (obviously). The Pats are like the Evil Empire- I cannot think rationally about them. The Jets- they're like the obnoxious co-worker who messes up everything he touches, but gets the promotion anyway, because his self-delusion about how "great" he is has somehow rubbed off on management, who really aren't paying attention to the details, anyway. ARRRGH! SCREW THAT GUY!!!