Russ Brandon should be fired

ny33

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the game. I still have faith in Marrone and the team, and like Manuel. All I'm saying is the hire likely was made because of personal connections and not, necessarily, as the best available candidate. Does that not concern you?

You are way off base. It is a bit early to hit the panic button. Take your medication.

Lets find the name of the lady who orders merchandise for the online Bills store and start a fire her thread.

Nahhh we can't. Her name is Phyllis and we franchise tagged her this year so we need to keep her. She's getting the average hourly wage of the top 5 merchandise ordering ladies in the league, which is damn year $15 an hour.

If she gets injured on the job she still gets paid too. FIRE PHYLLIS NEXT YEAR FOR SURE

Do you say this after every loss. If you where the owner would we have gone through ten coaching and GM changes last year(one after every loss). As for implying that Brandon hired Marrone due to some syracuse connection do your research. Marrone has a very impressive resume. I know you probably think Bill Polian sucks but he said he had Marrone at the top of his list for coaching candidates heading into this season. Take a freakin valium. Or ten or twenty or a hundred or so.

There are some football "experts" in here who think that clock management was not an issue today, and that when you have a lead in the 4th quarter, you should just keep running the no huddle offense, even though your offense is NOT getting the job done / advancing the ball (the Bills last FIVE drives of the game yielded TWO 1st downs and ZERO points).

Doesn't take an expert to realize the potential 26 seconds they could have possibly ran off was completely irrelevant to the final outcome.

Apparently some people lack the IQ to comprehend that, which I am befuddled by since its a pretty simple concept. Whether NE got the ball back with 4 minutes or 4 mins and 30 seconds with the two minute warning and three timeouts makes it completely irrelevant. Now if they were under 3 minutes when the Bills had the ball, then maybe you have something to complain about.

In my opinion, Russ Brandon is the fundamental problem with this organization.

The move shifting him to new "owner" of the Bills was far from a fresh start. I suspect that he has been doing a lot of Ralph's work for years, and "Ralph is cheap" has really been "Russ is cheap."

The man is a marketer, not, I think, a guy whose primary goal is winning Super Bowls. It's too early to say that Marrone is a bad coach- give us a few more games this season where discipline and clock management lose us the game- but I think fans should be extremely concerned about the fact that our head coach was likely signed because of his shared connection to Syracuse with Brandon.

The loss today was inexcusable. The mistakes weren't on a rookie quarterback, or a rookie running back fumbling (a la David Wilson of the Giants). They were thanks to an insane number of penalties and ludicrous clock management. Right now, I think Marrone and Hackett are out of their element. I think they will learn, but the type of game we had was horrible. We would have been destroyed if the Pats had Gronk and/or Hernandez.

Fire Brandon.

:doh: All we are saying....Is give Russ a chance. :lol:

I guess I differ in opinion. I think Brandon has been pretty transparent from the start and has a plan. That started with the transsition from Buddy to Whaley at GM and the hiring of Marrone. The draft must have been well thought out as every player drafted was on the squad yesterday except the injured Hopkins.

Sure I was ticked yesterday but think about it... wasn't it nice to see a QB that can throw into the end zone with accuracy and a touch! A spiral?, I thought only the opposition did that anymore. EJ is young but seemed confident and didn't leave his wide receivers out there to get killed with lousy pass's on every throw. Then there's Kiko ... he was all over the damn field and big on the goal line stand (that seemed the first in years.)

You want to blame someone don't blame Russ Brandon, how about BIG Mouth Stevie who catches more flys with his mouth then he does footballs with his hands! Also CJ and Chandler had bad games... For once I think this team will be ok in the long run.

Nobody is getting fired anytime soon.

If things hit the fan again, and this "rebuild" again sputters out, Brandon essentially cannot fire himself, and by then, Ralph will be, what 97? He isnt going to be much for sweeping changes.

Basically, Brandon isnt going anywhere. If a future owner buys the team and remains in Buffalo, I really hope they cleanse the entire organization and build from the top down (assuming the organization hasnt taken off by then).

I agree with the general "theme" of the OP... but any real anger or calls for change at this point are misguided and a waste of time.

This organization has become more and more irrelevant with a direct correlation to Mr. Brandon's rise through the ranks. There is no doubt he is influencing football ops heavily (and I suspect it goes back to the late Donahoe days). You can see it by the way he addresses and comments on specific roster issues through the media, interviews and such. I also didnt really buy "all in" on the whole Wilson stepping-aside, Brandon becoming the real decision make, Nix sauntering off, making his understudy the GM as huge sweeping changes.

I also do not think Brandon's marketing and off the field management is particularly good. I have lived in 5 other NFL markets, and those teams completely wipe the Bills off the map with TV coverage (such as full 1 hour shows from the stadium on Network local affiliates following the 6:30 News), print ads and awesome freebie inserts in newspapers, and much, much better/exciting commercial campaigns. The Bills sell tickets, but let's face it. That is due to the party and the low prices. I also believe they needed to/should have moved camp to CNY before the Jets or Giants got a chance to.

But basically its all a waste of time. We wait until either:

A. This team/staff grows together and turns into a contender

B. New ownership

C. The team moves.

edit: and I am also in the camp that sees a lot of good signs from yesterday, and am hopeful they carry over/through.

Edited by May Day 10

Yes! We need more scapegoats!

So far, yesterday's loss has been pinned on the following things on TBD:

Nate Hackett

Stevie Johnson

Andy Levitre

The hurry-up offense

Barack Obama

C.J. Spiller

Russ Brandon

Kiko Alonso

The run defense

Doug Marrone

The terrorists

Jairus Byrd

Superstitions

Dorin Dickerson

Marquise Goodwin

The defensive line

Colin Brown

And, the Patriots.

Edited by GOBILLS78

In my opinion, Russ Brandon is the fundamental problem with this organization.

The move shifting him to new "owner" of the Bills was far from a fresh start. I suspect that he has been doing a lot of Ralph's work for years, and "Ralph is cheap" has really been "Russ is cheap."

The man is a marketer, not, I think, a guy whose primary goal is winning Super Bowls. It's too early to say that Marrone is a bad coach- give us a few more games this season where discipline and clock management lose us the game- but I think fans should be extremely concerned about the fact that our head coach was likely signed because of his shared connection to Syracuse with Brandon.

The loss today was inexcusable. The mistakes weren't on a rookie quarterback, or a rookie running back fumbling (a la David Wilson of the Giants). They were thanks to an insane number of penalties and ludicrous clock management. Right now, I think Marrone and Hackett are out of their element. I think they will learn, but the type of game we had was horrible. We would have been destroyed if the Pats had Gronk and/or Hernandez.

Fire Brandon.

Fire the owner. Fire the team President. Fire the GM. Fire the coaches. Fire the players. Did I miss anyone? Give me a freakin break.

I said on TBD yesterday, with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, that they should start firing people and start anew. It was done in humor but I should have known that the Doom and Gloom crowd would be in full throat today. A close loss to a team that was favored by 9 or 10 points still smarts. They is plenty of room to improve but to post this is inane. Marrone is going to grow as is the team. The penalty problem is something that can be fixed and not too soon. Give it time and quit hitting the panic button so quickly.

Fire the owner. Fire the team President. Fire the GM. Fire the coaches. Fire the players. Did I miss anyone? Give me a freakin break.

Don't forget the vendors, ticket takers and the cheerleaders.

Nate Hackett

Stevie Johnson

Andy Levitre

The hurry-up offense

Barack Obama

C.J. Spiller

Russ Brandon

Kiko Alonso

The run defense

Doug Marrone

The terrorists

Jairus Byrd

Superstitions

Dorin Dickerson

Marquise Goodwin

The defensive line

Colin Brown

And, the Patriots.

Nate Hackett

Stevie Johnson

Andy Levitre

The hurry-up offense

Barack Obama

C.J. Spiller

Russ Brandon

Kiko Alonso

The run defense

Doug Marrone

The terrorists

Jairus Byrd

Superstitions

Dorin Dickerson

Marquise Goodwin

The defensive line

Colin Brown

And, the Patriots.

What position did that Patriot guy play because he should be fired too! :beer:

I guess I differ in opinion. I think Brandon has been pretty transparent from the start and has a plan. That started with the transsition from Buddy to Whaley at GM and the hiring of Marrone. The draft must have been well thought out as every player drafted was on the squad yesterday except the injured Hopkins.

Sure I was ticked yesterday but think about it... wasn't it nice to see a QB that can throw into the end zone with accuracy and a touch! A spiral?, I thought only the opposition did that anymore. EJ is young but seemed confident and didn't leave his wide receivers out there to get killed with lousy pass's on every throw. Then there's Kiko ... he was all over the damn field and big on the goal line stand (that seemed the first in years.)

You want to blame someone don't blame Russ Brandon, how about BIG Mouth Stevie who catches more flys with his mouth then he does footballs with his hands! Also CJ and Chandler had bad games... For once I think this team will be ok in the long run.

yes....

I am so damn tired of you whiny, b***** ass fans. STFU and get over it. It's football. It's a game. If you can't enjoy the journey that it takes to becoming a super bowl winning team, when that moment actually occurs you might find you don't enjoy it as much as you thought you would. STOP COMPLAINING

This!

And I will add. It's one game people. Step away from the ledge of abyss and chill The F out.It's a new Head coach, New Offensive coordinator , New Defensive Coordinator, and a Rookie Quarterback. It's called GROWING PAINS! It will get worse before it gets better. But make no mistake, with this group of coaches and our new FRANCHISE quarterback, we will get better.

I would bet a dollar to a donut Brandon is Ralph (el cheapo) Wilson's puppet. Ralph is still meddling in the football affairs, you can bet you butt on it. The old senile goat will never let go of control. You can still smell Ralph's stench on this team, he's still calling the shots, you can take that to the bank. :flirt:

To respond to this I feel the need to quote some Einstein.

"The difference between Stupidity and Genius is Genius has it's limits"

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy