Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to throw ANYTHING at him late in the game. The problem is that he is the clear #1 option for that team and he simply has performed worse under pressure. They really can't afford to give away talent......but they need more reliable targets in the clutch. It is a quandary.

I think this is absolutely right on and I cannot understand how anybody can trust him at key moments right now and that includes EJ Manuel.

This team may not be ready to win right now, but in the next year or two I think/hope they will be. When that time comes I have absolutely zero interest in seeing Stevie Johnson on the field in the 4th quarter of a tight playoff game. I couldn't care less about his mouth, his t-shirts, his music, his celebrations or his social media presence. The only thing I give a hoot about is what he does when the game clock is moving. And I do not trust this kid when the game gets big.

Another thing that I cannot believe I haven't seen in this thread is commentary about his spotty blocking. He blew off several assignments in Sunday's game and I have no doubt he heard about it in the film room this week. I have a feeling that will get him in Marrone's doghouse a lot quicker than the 4th quarter drops.

I think this is absolutely right on and I cannot understand how anybody can trust him at key moments right now and that includes EJ Manuel.

This team may not be ready to win right now, but in the next year or two I think/hope they will be. When that time comes I have absolutely zero interest in seeing Stevie Johnson on the field in the 4th quarter of a tight playoff game. I couldn't care less about his mouth, his t-shirts, his music, his celebrations or his social media presence. The only thing I give a hoot about is what he does when the game clock is moving. And I do not trust this kid when the game gets big.

Another thing that I cannot believe I haven't seen in this thread is commentary about his spotty blocking. He blew off several assignments in Sunday's game and I have no doubt he heard about it in the film room this week. I have a feeling that will get him in Marrone's doghouse a lot quicker than the 4th quarter drops.

His brand of crazy fits best on a bad football team. Marrone claims he values accountability and Stevie does not even know what accountability is. It's not just about admitting you made mistakes.....which for Stevie at this point consists of 3 parts excuse and 1 part tacit admission of guilt...........but it is also about working to prevent a repeat of the same mistake. His mindset is a long way from right.

I don't want to comment on everyone, but was on the 30 yrd line, lower level right in front of this missed catch. I loved what EJ was doing all game even with some missed opportunities, but on the SJ catch, this is crazy. I have coached football for years, and EJ was not under pressure. He threw a bad ball, and was almost uncatchable. Yes, SJ could have maybe made a miracle catch, but from a real time view looking at angles, this is more on EJ.

I'm not against EJ again as I thought he played a first NFL game well, and we'll have a good QB for the future, but SJ is not Ocho Cinco. That roasted me. He is not. I hate losing as much as you guys. I've competed in two sports as a state champ, and a national champ. I say that as a I get it. It is driving us nuts. But to dissect some fo these plays is not the way coaches look at players performance.

I don't want to comment on everyone, but was on the 30 yrd line, lower level right in front of this missed catch. I loved what EJ was doing all game even with some missed opportunities, but on the SJ catch, this is crazy. I have coached football for years, and EJ was not under pressure. He threw a bad ball, and was almost uncatchable. Yes, SJ could have maybe made a miracle catch, but from a real time view looking at angles, this is more on EJ.

I'm not against EJ again as I thought he played a first NFL game well, and we'll have a good QB for the future, but SJ is not Ocho Cinco. That roasted me. He is not. I hate losing as much as you guys. I've competed in two sports as a state champ, and a national champ. I say that as a I get it. It is driving us nuts. But to dissect some fo these plays is not the way coaches look at players performance.

With all due respect.....you are wrong. Johnson's performance is a pattern. This is the same guy that was issued an ultimatum by his head coach after his "mock shooting of Plaxico Burress/Jet crashing" celebration and then came out and did it again in the season finale at New England.....basically leaving his coach little choice but to discipline him in-game. I could care less about the actual celebrations but part of being a good teammate is not willfully hurting your team......and that was inexplicably unaccountable and selfish behavior. He tries to talk a team game but when push comes to shove he excuses his own behavior and his actions are all about Stevie. He has a history of coming up small late in close games and a history of making excuses for not making those plays. He is perhaps MORE Ocho than Ocho.

Just wait until he starts getting targeted less.

There is no rational thoughts allowed, only blind hatred.

Chandler has been pointed out.

Turnovers have been pointed out.

Penalties have been pointed out.

The failure to get a stop on multiple third downs during the last drive.

Yes though you are correct 1 drop with more than 5 minutes to go in the game was the end all be all game losing play.

Get a grip.

Wasn't it like 8:35 or so left? hardly a "Crucial" moment. After all, they did stop NE and get the ball back again.

:w00t: See Big Cat anything to bash him! :nana::devil:;)

You didn't think I'd track you down!? :thumbsup:

http://forums.twobil...00#entry2905874

I feel like your math is a bit off there as they were still in the hurry up. The 3 and out (if that is what happened) might not have taken as long. It was a negative play for sure but not the end all be all reason they lost as some have wanted it to be in this thread.

:w00t: See Big Cat anything to bash him! :nana::devil:;)

I feel like your math is a bit off there as they were still in the hurry up. The 3 and out (if that is what happened) might not have taken as long. It was a negative play for sure but not the end all be all reason they lost as some have wanted it to be in this thread.

I'm saying a three and out after another first down. So upwards of 4-8 additional plays under 8 minutes.

You didn't think I'd track you down!? :thumbsup:

http://forums.twobil...00#entry2905874

Oh I figured you would. Mind you that I am not saying it didn't suck, what I am saying is I don't believe that was the reason they lost. Brady was able to take a knee and relax while the field goal team drilled another dagger into Bills fans hearts. If that had happened on the Bills final drive I would be carrying a lantern and a pitchfork. I think it is clear that it's high time Stevie shut his pie trap until he learns to catch everything.