Another damned Tebow thread

dorquemada

Didn't see this posted yet;

http://tracking.si.c...t2_a7&eref=sihp

Basically, after the Patz cut Tebow, another team showed interest in him, but only if he would consider playing another position. Tebow said no, he'd rather play QB in the Arena League.

I wondered if it was the Bills looking for a TE/FB type, seems unlikely, probably more likely it was someone who would see him as a draw for fans, maybe Jacksonville?

It's almost too bad, I think he could make a pretty good TE with some decent intangibles.

edit for hurr durr

Edited by dorquemada

Where does it say he would rather play in the arena league? What I read said he has no interest in playing anywhere but the NFL.

"Tebow isn’t ready to give up on returning to the NFL, retire, or accept any offer to play for the Canadian Football League or Arena Football League."

Where does it say he would rather play in the arena league? What I read said he has no interest in playing anywhere but the NFL.

"Tebow isn’t ready to give up on returning to the NFL, retire, or accept any offer to play for the Canadian Football League or Arena Football League."

Ha you're right. It's hard to read on the internet </jauron>

That's pretty dumb of Tebow...he could at least take an offer to be TE (If it's even true he got an offer) and work on his QB skills in the process...because right now it's not looking like he's worth a dime as QB so he might as well count his losses and switch positions

Why do people think he can play TE in the NFL? And why assume the Bills were that team?

PTR

I said in my post that I thought it unlikely that it was the Bills, but was curious nonetheless. It's not like we have any TEs that are going to light up the league as it stands today, which demonstrates the need, not saying Tebow could fill it.

Well he does have a TE body, we know he can't play QB worth a damn.....

His best position might be fullback, but his dumb ass won't make a position change to try to save his NFL career.

I could see him as a Tight End. Tebow's a big guy and he could easily take on linebackers in this league.

The guy can play football, he's just not suited to be a QB in this league.

Why do people think he can play TE in the NFL? And why assume the Bills were that team?

PTR

The Bills have already stated that they are not interested. As to Tebow playing TE, a number of college QBs have been converted to WR, why is it such a reach that Tebow could be converted to TE?

Tebow refuses to change positions and does not want to plan in the CFL. Well that says he will never play in the NFL gain unless he humbles himself and gets a personal QB coach and maybe talk to another running southpaw like Steve Young. Young was considered a bust until year 6 of his career. I am sure Mr young can give insight and tips on how to be a better QB. A coach can break some of his bad habits and improve his mechanics. Until then, Mr Tebow will be one of those guys that NFL films does a story on one year wonders.