Plantar Facitis

From what I've read it doesn't show up in X-rays. So it is the type of injury that could play into the conspiracy theory of "faking".

Sure sounds like he is desperately trying to avoid injury , so he can cash in with another team next year. What a crappy situation.. But hey , this is the Bills we are talking about.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is probably under another thread, but how bad of an injury is plantar faciitis and is it something that Byrd can play with all season and still perform at a high level?

I had this injury, and a bad one, for about a year. It lasted so long for me that I thought it was going to be something I'd just have to live with. It made it difficult to walk at times, let alone run. Luckily it did eventually heal. It's actually a pretty common injury in football though. Obviously Mario had it earlier in training camp, but seemed to be just a minor thing for him.

Antonio Gates had a huge problem with it a few years ago that basically cost him a season (he did play some, and was very limited).

All that being said, I think Byrd is milking or possibly faking this to avoid playing in as much of the season as possible. He hates the Bills, doesn't want to play for them, and just wants to make it to the next round of negotiations without a "real" injury. Money is the only thing on his mind.

BTW, a doctor can really only diagnose this by discussing the symptoms with the patient. An MRI would reveal a tear if there was one, but mild injuries probably wouldn't show up. An X-ray doesn't help, because it's not a bone injury. So they are likely relying on what Byrd is telling them about his "pain" levels.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Is anyone else hear thinking that Byrd is being a baby?

Didnt get what he wanted so he fakes injury and makes sure he doesn't get injured all while collecting his $432k a game.

Personally I think he's full of it and now I'm no longer happy he signed. I'd rather just cut this pos.

Totally: He went and got a second opinion, and his press conference was very heavy on the "when I'm ready, when it's safe" rhetoric. I bet he only plays if we're winning. If this team stumbles out the gates, he'll only be seen when he wants to put some resume building in.

This is a arthritic condition. Typically you feel pain on the underside of the heel through arch and it is PAINFUL. Many times the first steps out of bed in the morning are bad. Wear and tear leads to inflammation of the plantar fascia which supports the arch. Podiatrist recommends everything but it still hurts. Cherry concentrate/extract/nutrients can and does correct the problem. The red compounds, anthocyanins, appear to have anti-inflammatory effects. Many people within just a few days notice a marked improvement taking 4 ounces of the concentrate a day. Cherry concentrate has been proven since the 1950's CHERRIES help and are also good for gout, arthritis and fibromyalgia. This may be a very good way to get Byrd back on the field ASAP. Hey anything at this point is worth a try isn't it?

This is a arthritic condition. Typically you feel pain on the underside of the heel through arch and it is PAINFUL. Many times the first steps out of bed in the morning are bad. Wear and tear leads to inflammation of the plantar fascia which supports the arch. Podiatrist recommends everything but it still hurts. Cherry concentrate/extract/nutrients can and does correct the problem. The red compounds, anthocyanins, appear to have anti-inflammatory effects. Many people within just a few days notice a marked improvement taking 4 ounces of the concentrate a day. Cherry concentrate has been proven since the 1950's CHERRIES help and are also good for gout, arthritis and fibromyalgia. This may be a very good way to get Byrd back on the field ASAP. Hey anything at this point is worth a try isn't it?

Tweet him this info!

Because all health problems have identical outcomes? One guy gets lung cancer and dies in two months and another is still here 10 years later. A QB has to drop back 5 steps and throw, a safety has to cover the deep half of the field and be able to get to the sidelines on go routes against WR's running 4.3 40's. A safety depends on his wheels a lot more than a classic drop back QB.

this... ridiculous to compare an injury in a weekend warrior to one that pushes his body and especially his feet, to the limit in his day to day tasks. watch for an article on him getting platelet rich plasma injections into the foot if he doesn't progress. little data but the newest, hottest treatment. if he gets this, you can be pretty certain it's not put on. if he doesn't, you can't conclude the converse.

Well, if we are looking at inflammation I know a thing or two about that as I have psoriasis and have been healing it through inflammation control...

Black seed oil(one of the most amazing compounds ever discovered), a compound called Inflammotion is very good featuring Boswellin(Boswellia extract), Curcumin specifically Meriva branded, Ursolic Acid(IL-17 inhibitor, a key to inflammatory processes),etc do wonders for inflammation...without the side effects of drugs...

Hey if I can heal myself of an "incurable" condition, he can heal himself too...currently have healed about 50% and its improving every day

Edited by matter2003

"if" Tyrd really wants out of buffalo (which is likely)....then the best way to force your way out is to make the bills NOT want to use the tag next year. make it so they prefer to trade you. one way to do that is by constantly missing games due to injury and making that $6.9 mil tag money a bad deal. if he plays healthy all 16 games at his pro bowl level, then the bills got great value. if he only plays in half the games, then not so great of a deal.

I just don't see Tyrd and his agent playing nice. like all of of sudden everything is cool. all that matters is getting to the end of this season HEALTHY and taking another crack at the long term deal he desires. he could give two chits about the bills. he will err on the side of caution all year. he will miss games. there is no way he will play through injury with a one year deal the same as he would if he had the security of a long term deal. Plantar Faciitis is the PERFECT injury to work the system without damaging your reputation if you so desire.

one mans over cautious is another mans faking.

"if" Tyrd really wants out of buffalo (which is likely)....then the best way to force your way out is to make the bills NOT want to use the tag next year. make it so they prefer to trade you. one way to do that is by constantly missing games due to injury and making that $6.9 mil tag money a bad deal. if he plays healthy all 16 games at his pro bowl level, then the bills got great value. if he only plays in half the games, then not so great of a deal.

I just don't see Tyrd and his agent playing nice. like all of of sudden everything is cool. all that matters is getting to the end of this season HEALTHY and taking another crack at the long term deal he desires. he could give two chits about the bills. he will err on the side of caution all year. he will miss games. there is no way he will play through injury with a one year deal the same as he would if he had the security of a long term deal. Plantar Faciitis is the PERFECT injury to work the system without damaging your reputation if you so desire.

one mans over cautious is another mans faking.

Wow, so now the agent must have paid off the doctor the Bills sent him to to get a second opinion to "go along" with the initial diagnosis...

More likely is the Bills knew about it and wanted to see how he would play with it before committing big dollars to him, now agent and Byrd are pissed cause the know its likely he is going to miss out on a big payday because of it...

smart move by Bills and explains why Byrd seems so bitter about it

Sure sounds like he is desperately trying to avoid injury , so he can cash in with another team next year. What a crappy situation.. But hey , this is the Bills we are talking about.

How will he "cash in" with another team if this becomes a chronic injury for him throughout the year? If he sits out the first 4-6 weeks and doesn't practice, blaming it on plantar, he's not suddenly going to become the starter when he's finally ready to play. There's no logic to it. Sure, he's going to collect is franchise tag money, but there's no way he establishes himself as one of the games premier safeties by sitting on the bench and complaining about an arthritic condition. That just provides ammunition for any team negotiating next year. Think about the conversation:

"So you lied about your injury condition, because you were mad at the organization for not giving you your contract"?

"Yes, but I'm not mad at your organization"

"If we give you this contract and you outperform it, are you going to want to renegotiate in 3 years"?

"Of course"

"If we say no, are you going to be mad at us"?

"Of course. That wouldn't be fair"?

"What's to stop you from lying to us in 3 years"?

You could go on and on with this type of dialogue, but the fact of the matter is that he does nothing to help himself by not playing. If he sits out long enough, he may find himself a backup for the rest of the season, despite his tag. What does THAT do for his career? What if Marrone comes out and just says that Byrd is being outplayed by Da'Norris Searcy, Jim Leonhard, and Duke Williams. Bye bye big contract.

I know this is probably under another thread, but how bad of an injury is plantar faciitis and is it something that Byrd can play with all season and still perform at a high level?

My girlfriend has this. Beyond being painful, my dummy lady didnt rest her foot and ended up creating a much bigger problem that caused a need for surgery and nearly a year of physical therapy. Her nonsense happened in november and she still has pain. Depending on the severity of the original issue, it may just be a thing where Byrd simply needs to sit down for a month so he doesn't create a disaster down the line. Conspiracies are fun, but i think the real story here is probably far less exciting.

Isn't it a little weird that this coaching staff which has been so secretive about injuries to come out and be upfront about Byrd's injury? Maybe a little shot against Byrd for holding out maybe. They seemed to go out of their way to avoid discussing Injury to Mario.

Maybe so they don't give out information they don't have to?

Ask Belicheck an injury question sometime.

I was running 50 miles a week when I developed a case of bad PF. I had to stop running for maybe 5 months. But (1) it affects everyone differently, and (2) I didn't have the same quality medical care that Byrd does.

Also, PF really sucks when trying to run marathon distances. I'm not sure how much you can gut out in the jogging and short sprints of a football game.

I was running 50 miles a week when I developed a case of bad PF. I had to stop running for maybe 5 months. But (1) it affects everyone differently, and (2) I didn't have the same quality medical care that Byrd does.

Also, PF really sucks when trying to run marathon distances. I'm not sure how much you can gut out in the jogging and short sprints of a football game.

I can only imagine after playing on it how bad it has to hurt the rest of the week...

It is a contract year for Byrd. how does it benefit him to miss games for injury.

Players are like horses. if one has a bad leg it means his stock just went way down. Now he may miss a few games to heal. But if it is an on and off thing all year, teams will use it as a reason to not pay him high dollar. Byrd and Parker know this. Byrd will have to come in and play at a high level for at least 2/3 of the season in order to get his big pay day.

Is anyone else hear thinking that Byrd is being a baby?

Didnt get what he wanted so he fakes injury and makes sure he doesn't get injured all while collecting his $432k a game.

Personally I think he's full of it and now I'm no longer happy he signed. I'd rather just cut this pos.

Yes.

Oh BTW- Off topic but did Chris Hogan make the team?