Legursky injury not as bad as originally thought

Rubes

Mike Rodak@mikerodak

Doug Marrone said that Doug Legursky is not a candidate for IR-designated to return. Team thinks he could be back sooner than those 8 weeks

Patrick Moran@PatrickMoranBSD

Well there you go. Doug Legursky's injury Thursday wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed. I.R. Not in plans for him. #Bills

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski

Doug Marrone says guard Doug Legursky is not a candidate for the IR-designated to return list, indicating they expect him back sooner #Bills

...and also:

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings

EJ Manuel practiced on a limited basis Sunday, and plans to be full-go Monday. #Bills Week 1 QB named Wednesday. http://sbn.to/14bHbPA

Edited by Rubes

Mike Rodak@mikerodak

Doug Marrone said that Doug Legursky is not a candidate for IR-designated to return. Team thinks he could be back sooner than those 8 weeks

Patrick Moran@PatrickMoranBSD

Well there you go. Doug Legursky's injury Thursday wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed. I.R. Not in plans for him. #Bills

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski

Doug Marrone says guard Doug Legursky is not a candidate for the IR-designated to return list, indicating they expect him back sooner #Bills

...and also:

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings

EJ Manuel practiced on a limited basis Sunday, and plans to be full-go Monday. #Bills Week 1 QB named Wednesday. http://sbn.to/14bHbPA

Good news all around

So it's not as bad as they thought but when is he actually going to be back? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? Is he going to be able to play next week? It's insane to play with no backup guards or a backup center. They only have 7 healthy OL. Who the hell plays when a couple guys get hurt? They always do. Marrone think they will be injury free from here on out? That's absurd.

So it's not as bad as they thought but when is he actually going to be back? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? Is he going to be able to play next week? It's insane to play with no backup guards or a backup center. They only have 7 healthy OL. Who the hell plays when a couple guys get hurt? They always do. Marrone think they will be injury free from here on out? That's absurd.

Colin Brown would be the backup center. Sam Young can backup at guard. Welch is the backup Tackle.

Never understood this strategy- the guy is not a difference maker like Gilmore and he's gonna take up a roster spot , what ! there are no other mediocre but able bodied OG around - stupid move I've seen the Bills do many times before, guy doesn't practice for six weeks and if he has to play before week 12 he sucks because he's a mediocre guy who's playing at 80%- really just horrible.

Never understood this strategy- the guy is not a difference maker like Gilmore and he's gonna take up a roster spot , what ! there are no other mediocre but able bodied OG around - stupid move I've seen the Bills do many times before, guy doesn't practice for six weeks and if he has to play before week 12 he sucks because he's a mediocre guy who's playing at 80%- really just horrible.

I agree.

Lugursky is a JAG. Why bother keeping him around just plug in another JAG.