The No Huddle will be the death of us this season

FireChan

I understand the positives pertaining to the no huddle. However, combined with two young QB's, a few young WR's, and an unemotional, quick-to-give-up defense, will probably be trouble.

A wrong route or a rookie throw results in turnovers and this defense is back on the field with little rest. And I'm not trying to defend the D, just stating how they are. We get down and they give up. We'll see that a lot this year, I'm afraid.

I understand the positives pertaining to the no huddle. However, combined with two young QB's, a few young WR's, and an unemotional, quick-to-give-up defense, will probably be trouble.

A wrong route or a rookie throw results in turnovers and this defense is back on the field with little rest. And I'm not trying to defend the D, just stating how they are. We get down and they give up. We'll see that a lot this year, I'm afraid.

Bills should wait on the no huddle until the players are more familiar with each other and start to gel,

I agree

Except for our awful defense.

You missed my point. I don't think these coaches will continue running the O at a fast pace if they aren't successful, and it's much easier to slow things down than vice-versa.

There might be a learning curve this year, but this this a young team being built for the long haul. I like it and am willing to take a few lumps to build a winner. Remember New England is getting older and the Bills are younger, we will pass them in the near future. Patience my young fan!

No huddle against the Patriots= blowout.(In favor of the Patriots obviously.)

Why do you say that, whats the difference, I say peddle to the metal and let the chips fall.

I'm getting flashbacks of Jauron, a fired offensive coordinator, and Trent Edwards leading the no huddle....

This.. You need a seasoned QB who knows what the hell they are doing to be successful with this type of offense.. Our D is so bad we need to be a slow plodding run first team to have any shot in hell.

Look at the skins offense last year, they just pounded the rock and became a physical team. I'd rather go that route because it wins late in the year. A gimmicky "fast" offense has been tried and failed here before.

Edited by kobe808lak

Our D is so bad we need to be a slow plodding run first team to have any shot in hell.

Where did people get the idea that the D is that bad? Last night's game when there wasn't a single starter on the field? Not one. I don't think I'll panic based on that.

Last weeks' Washington game? I'll give you that one, they didn't look good. Then again, they looked pretty good in the first two pre-season games. So which is it? My guess is they'll be pretty inconsistent until they get the D down but by the halfway point we'll start to see what they're really capable of. I certainly wouldn't start labeling the D horrible based on a bunch of backups in the last pre-season game though.

Edited by MDH

This.. You need a seasoned QB who knows what the hell they are doing to be successful with this type of offense.. Our D is so bad we need to be a slow plodding run first team to have any shot in hell.

Look at the skins offense last year, they just pounded the rock and became a physical team. I'd rather go that route because it wins late in the year. A gimmicky "fast" offense has been tried and failed here before.

How do you know that the Defense is Bad, The first two preseason games they were great, The Redskins are a physical running team which we struggled against but there was no game plan, and last night was a non event as few starters played. Again the plan for the team is not a year plan. I don't think that the Defense is as bad as it looked in the last two games. I think the offense can be good with EJ at the helm.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Three and outs in the span of 30 seconds is a bad thing? Our defense needs to stop whining and get in shape!

are they that much better if they take up 45 seconds in clock?

in real time were talking about 30-45 seconds of standing on the sideline being the difference. the issue is the 3 and out, not that the plays each ran 10 seconds faster.

The gimmicky fast offense also led us to four straight super bowls.

You can't write off the no huddle because Trent, Schonert and Jauron failed to make it work, unless you're prepared to condemn offense in general.

Edited by Jauronimo