So Byrd is hurt too

Jdragon2

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing if Byrd's agent came back with a counter of 5 years, $39 million, and somewhere around $20 mil guaranteed he would be signed already and all this would be moot...Maybe I'm wrong...But I think that's a very fair deal for both sides... B-)

Byrd's agent is notoriously not interested in very fair deals for both sides

Nor in counter offers

"This is what my player is worth, not a penny less. Call me when you're ready to make that offer." Parker

Edited by Hopeful

@buffalobills

Byrd: Has been getting plantar fasciitis examined for second opinion. Working "as much as my body can endure" to get back in lineup.

@pham1717

When I asked him if it bothered him before or after he got here to camp he said, "A little bit of both." He did some of team drills today

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

Byrd: Has been getting plantar fasciitis examined for second opinion. Working "as much as my body can endure" to get back in lineup.

@pham1717

When I asked him if it bothered him before or after he got here to camp he said, "A little bit of both." He did some of team drills today

I did not know plantar fasciitis was new nickname for bank account.

Yes and very unusual for me.

Remember a Byrd in hand is NOT worth 2 draft picks in the bush.

I'll have to commit that to memory. :lol:

Okay, which one of you Byrd detractors is this? :lol:

@RapSheet

Disagree. Byrd in contract year. Needs to perform RT @ScoJo13: @RapSheet bull ****. He did that to himself. He doesn't wanna be here

Sounds like he didn't do a very good job staying in shape while he was out. Added weight and sudden increases in activity often lead to plantar fasciitis. Has he ever had the condition before?

GO BILLS!!!

@mikerodak

Marrone on Jairus Byrd (foot): "He's still working his way back in." Did not fully participate in teams drills Sunday. Unsure on status v NE

Sounds like he didn't do a very good job staying in shape while he was out. Added weight and sudden increases in activity often lead to plantar fasciitis. Has he ever had the condition before?

GO BILLS!!!

Jairus was actually leaner than he's been in previous years and looks to be in excellent shape according to reports that I have seen.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm guessing he's not significantly heavier.

plantar fasciitis

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/plantar-fasciitis-topic-overview

How is it treated?

No single treatment works best for everyone with plantar fasciitis. But there are many things you can try to help your foot get better:

Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your foot hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces. Plantar fasciitis most often occurs because of injuries that have happened over time. With treatment, you will have less pain within a few weeks. But it may take time for the pain to go away completely. It may take a few months to a year.

here we go....the perfect alibi.....

U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi.....if he plays through it he will be less effective, if he doesn't play then he's milking it. He will play and it will tear at some point and he will be done for the season. They won't tag him again and he will walk for nothing and be an All-Pro somewhere else next year. That's how stuff works in Buffalo.

how the player feels screwed by the franchise tag:

#1- they are denied UFA (unrestricted Free Agency) which is what they covet most. the chance to pick and choose from the highest bidders and best franchises where ENDORSEMENT income potential is higher than buffalo. Byrd is probably saying, why didn't they tag Levitre and let me free.

#2- he didn't get the security of a long term deal and all the GUARANTEED money that comes with it. Byrd assumes a lot of risk on a one year deal in violent game with lots of injuries.

#3- because Byrd is a safety, his first year tag number is so low that he is a bargain, it's virtually certain he will be tagged a second time and have to go through it all over again in 2014, he is trapped. he has no way out.

#4- although the tag compensates handsomely, in Byrd's case of $6.9 mil, he still feels underpaid.

#1 - The players have repeatedly endorsed the use of the FT in their CBAs.

#2 - Byrd knew if he didn't sign a long term deal, he would be tagged (or continue to be tagged). He chose not to, so basically he chose the tag.

#3 - He being paid the current market for a player of his position. You can't blame the Bills for that.

#4 - That's his prerogative.

I'm pretty sure it take more than 3 short practice sessions.

Then it's even more mysterious than I thought. If he had a history of plantar's, I'd understand a flare-up. But I haven't seen any mention of it over his career.

Maybe, in addition to the light practice schedule, it was that series of 100 yard gassers they had him running in DC before the game.

He just wasn't ready to withstand the rigors no matter how we slice it.

GO BILLS!!!

Did he not have responsibility to notify the Bills of this condition prior to signing his tender?

Interesting response from Marrone, during his press conference, when asked if Byrd's injury was something that occurred before reporting or after: "I think that’s a good question. Obviously he passed our physical when he came in."