So Byrd is hurt too

Jdragon2

You do realize he wasnt going to play lastnight. Coupled with it essentially being an off day - this was the easiest time to pop in to have something checked out and not actually miss any snaps in practice. Just a bit of perspective

You are wayyyy to logical for this board! lol.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wayyyy to logical for this board! lol.

And the other guys may be right but at this point Byrd may as well be a patriot with the way he's getting treated around here.

I can't wait til he misses a tackle or a long ball is completed no matter where on the field.... "Cut him" "not the best safety" "it's because he's not trying" and "it's because he held out" will all be posted before even the slightest breakdown of the play.

Edited by NoSaint

Seriously!? I think the sky is falling :cry:

if he doesn't play well he won't be making "his money" so it's in his best interest to play hard.

I completely agree... He is forced to give his ass and play to his highest potential... Mr Parker is licking his chops... Gift get that extra $1.76 a game...

Seriously!? I think the sky is falling :cry:

if he doesn't play well he won't be making "his money" so it's in his best interest to play hard.

I disagree. Byrd is a two-time pro-bowler and is tied for 3rd in most interceptions in the NFL since 2009. He has already proven himself in the NFL and other teams will jump on the opportunity to sign him. It's in his best interest to not get significantly injured this season so he can cash-in next season. A little "toe" injury is the perfect excuse to not play, get paid this season, and at the same time not have other teams question you next off-season. Again, this POS better play week 1.

Often I wondered what spelling of Terd is correct.... Terd or Turd.... In fact both are incorrect... After his shenanigans, it spelled Tyrd

"if" Tyrd really wants out of buffalo (which is likely)....then the best way to force your way out is to make the bills NOT want to use the tag next year. make it so they prefer to trade you. one way to do that is by constantly missing games due to minor injury and making that $6.9 mil tag money a bad deal. if he plays healthy all 16 games at his pro bowl level, then the bills got great value. if he only plays in half the games, then not so great of a deal.

"if" Tyrd really wants out of buffalo (which is likely)....then the best way to force your way out is to make the bills NOT want to use the tag next year. make it so they prefer to trade you. one way to do that is by constantly missing games due to minor injury and making that $6.9 mil tag money a bad deal. if he plays healthy all 16 games at his pro bowl level, then the bills got great value. if he only plays in half the games, then not so great of a deal.

Agreed. Expect nothing but crap "injuries" from this guy all season. I hope I'm wrong.

I know we cannot sign him to a long term deal, but if we traded him, would his new team be able to sign him to a long term deal during this season? If NO team can sign him to a long term deal, his value plummets.,.. Nobody will pay 'top dollar' in compensation for one year of service

Edited by CountryCletus

I know we cannot sign him to a long term deal, but if we traded him, would his new team be able to sign him to a long term deal during this season? If NO team can sign him to a long term deal, his value plummets.,.. Nobody will pay 'top dollar' in compensation for one year of services

A team that trades for him is fully aware of his contractual situation. Someone will sign this guy to a long-term deal. We're talking about a premier safety not some average player. I wish we would sign him to a long-term deal but that's another conversation.

I know we cannot sign him to a long term deal, but if we traded him, would his new team be able to sign him to a long term deal during this season? If NO team can sign him to a long term deal, his value plummets.,.. Nobody will pay 'top dollar' in compensation for one year of services

CBA says he can ONLY sign a long term deal with his old/current club and NOT until this season is over.

there is no sign and trade like basketball. he "could" be traded, with possibly a wink wink understanding, but he can't sign a long term deal with anyone until this season is over.

Edited by papazoid

CBA says he can ONLY sign a long term deal with his old/current club and NOT until this season is over.

So any trade partner we find will be squiring his current contract... Poop... Are there provisions that could be put into place such as, we get a 4th for him, unless the team we traded him to signs him to a long term deal in which case that 4 turns into a 1, or a 2 and 3?

I understand anything is possible, but do deals like that happen? I can't recall any...

Edited by CountryCletus

And the other guys may be right but at this point Byrd may as well be a patriot with the way he's getting treated around here.

I can't wait til he misses a tackle or a long ball is completed no matter where on the field.... "Cut him" "not the best safety" "it's because he's not trying" and "it's because he held out" will all be posted before even the slightest breakdown of the play.

I think when (not if) he misses plays, this criticism will be plenty fair. You don't get into game shape and speed on week 1 without going through practices and preseason.

So any trade partner we find will be squiring his current contract... Poop... Are there provisions that could be put into place such as, we get a 4th for him, unless the team we traded him to signs him to a long term deal in which case that 4 turns into a 1, or a 2 and 3?

I understand anything is possible, but do deals like that happen? I can't recall any...

YES

I think when (not if) he misses plays, this criticism will be plenty fair. You don't get into game shape and speed on week 1 without going through practices and preseason.

so he wouldve missed no plays if not for the offseason going how it did? everyone misses plays. the greatest of all time are far from perfect. but this board will EXPLODE on the first deep ball completed, even if the guy wasnt byrds man.

I disagree. Byrd is a two-time pro-bowler and is tied for 3rd in most interceptions in the NFL since 2009. He has already proven himself in the NFL and other teams will jump on the opportunity to sign him. It's in his best interest to not get significantly injured this season so he can cash-in next season. A little "toe" injury is the perfect excuse to not play, get paid this season, and at the same time not have other teams question you next off-season. Again, this POS better play week 1.

Yeah and that could totally, totally happen because its not like the Bills have access to any doctors or medical diagnostic equipment to verify an injury, if the guy says his toe is broke, the team is helpless to refute it.