Nice attacking Defense.

tedstrong

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the radio, they said it appeared they were trying to just line up and play...perhaps to see what would happen? Or how players are without having to scheme them up? Either way it didn't work and they got mauled by a 3rd string QB and White, a guy pulled off the street a few weeks ago...pathetic

Oh, wait, this is sarcasm. Very clever.

And, ya know what... this is what bugs me. Instead of just flaming this, let me offer this.

Your post comes out as "waa waa waa. waa waa waa"

It would be much better if it said something like: It was hard to watch this defense perform today. The blitzes were not penatrating with 5 men rushing and when they did the entire midsection of the defense was left to be gutted. Bradham was in every way stinking up the field being out of position, late to the target or slow to reaction. The safety combo seemed in over their head and could not make propper reads.

That would be a worthwhile thread.

Edited by jboyst62

Whatever that was that they put on the field today was not the same defense they have been playing. They clearly weren't bring the pressure like they were in the first couple games. I don't know why they did this.....maybe to get a look at some guys in a very base defense? I don't know....

But it clearly was not the same pressure package they have been bringing in the first 2 weeks.

Whatever that was that they put on the field today was not the same defense they have been playing. They clearly weren't bring the pressure like they were in the first couple games. I don't know why they did this.....maybe to get a look at some guys in a very base defense? I don't know....

But it clearly was not the same pressure package they have been bringing in the first 2 weeks.

The problem was that they WERE blitzing. They blitzed multiple times. They just couldn't get any penetration.

And you saw what happened when you blitz and don't get to the QB. You get burned.

A lot of talk in the game day thread was about the CB's getting burned, but it's difficult for any CB to cover when you have 6 guys rushing the QB.

They did blitz, but nowhere near the extent they have been. It was not the same stuff they have been doing.

Pettine is going to see what it's like to blitz often without half of the field being shut down by Revis. Whole different ball game.

I hope I'm wrong.

People need to RELAX. They are not trying to show everything in preseason for one. They ran a more basic D today then the last 2 weeks. This team has shown a lot of promise in the other 2 games and in practice from the defensive side of the ball. Do I think we will the top rated D in the league...no...but this team looks like it stole Jerry Hughes who has gotten pressure consistently all preseason and camp. With him and Williams on the outside, I expect to get a lot of pressure on the QB which leads to turnovers.

I think this D is going to still struggle with stopping the run, but if we can be opportunistic and make big plays then this team could field a pretty good D. Today was bad, but the other 2 games it was pretty good. Its a young team, new staff, new system etc. There will be ups and downs.

People need to RELAX. They are not trying to show everything in preseason for one. They ran a more basic D today then the last 2 weeks. This team has shown a lot of promise in the other 2 games and in practice from the defensive side of the ball. Do I think we will the top rated D in the league...no...but this team looks like it stole Jerry Hughes who has gotten pressure consistently all preseason and camp. With him and Williams on the outside, I expect to get a lot of pressure on the QB which leads to turnovers.

I think this D is going to still struggle with stopping the run, but if we can be opportunistic and make big plays then this team could field a pretty good D. Today was bad, but the other 2 games it was pretty good. Its a young team, new staff, new system etc. There will be ups and downs.

Jerry Hughes looked absolutely lost at times today. Lost contain multiple times.

THe bills did blitz today but the packages didnt seem to be as exotic as they were the first two games. we got stuffed alot today and the CB and Safety play hurt us. EJ will be the starter week one, im not all that worried about week 1 vs pats. LOL!

Sal on WGR talked about the Bills playing a more vanilla D in the first half. When they dialed up more pressure in the second half, they got sacks.

Still a worrying performance, but maybe it wasn't the D we'll see in the season..

THe bills did blitz today but the packages didnt seem to be as exotic as they were the first two games. we got stuffed alot today and the CB and Safety play hurt us. EJ will be the starter week one, im not all that worried about week 1 vs pats. LOL!

I'm not going to pretend like I know if the blitz packages were more or less exotic today. I didn't see a ton of difference.

Jerry Hughes looked absolutely lost at times today. Lost contain multiple times.

He also had a sack and another QB pressure. He has been good in his other games and in practice too. He is learning his 3rd defensive in 3 years too, dont forget that. He isnt going to master it all. Considering what we got him for, he has been a steal up to this point. Mario Williams, Dareus, and Kyle are all more likely to get doubled before Jerry. He has an opportunity to really get lose here and rush the QB, and so far, I think hes done a pretty good job

Hughes will not be cut, but gosh, after todays game you just have to scratch your head. I have to think scheme did this today.

I'm not going to pretend like I know if the blitz packages were more or less exotic today. I didn't see a ton of difference.

The packages of the personel was nothing but base, for one. A few times did I recognize nickel. I watched a lot of the CB's and how the Skins O worked - so I did not pay very close attention.

The blitzes were gimmes clear reads from the outside LB's.

Let me digest this some - because I am thinking today was a practice. A chance to see what happens if we leave base defense in and run some of Pettines schemes and coverages without adapted personel. This might be important because NE may bring out a no huddle offense - I would. It would keep us from subbing. They did this against the NJ Jets last year.

Edited by jboyst62