Spiller knee injury

ny33

So according to Marrone, CJ told him he was fine and wanted to go back in.

Ok. That's all well and good, but Marrone's job is to get this team ready (and healthy) for September 8, not to let his star RB get a couple extra carries in a meaningless preseason game.

I view this decision as "strike one" against Marrone. Poor judgment. This is the first time I've seriously questioned his tactics. He's old school for sure.

To address the first post in the thread, however, they've hardly used CJ as a "workhorse" in the preseason. My only beef is in sending him back out there yesterday.

They should sit him until the regular season,duh.

If it's really a cut then yeah, that's a no-brainer - give the skin time to heal.

I don't think they'd necessarily play him game 4 anyway.

Detroit game needs to be all about deciding which WR's to keep, settling on the #2 CB, and getting the new QB(s) evaluation time.

Ok. That's all well and good, but Marrone's job is to get this team ready (and healthy) for September 8, not to let his star RB get a couple extra carries in a meaningless preseason game.

I view this decision as "strike one" against Marrone. Poor judgment. This is the first time I've seriously questioned his tactics. He's old school for sure.

To address the first post in the thread, however, they've hardly used CJ as a "workhorse" in the preseason. My only beef is in sending him back out there yesterday.

I agree with you he shouldn't have gone back in the game, but him going back in honestly calmed my nerves that it wasn't a serious injury

I understand that Coach Marrone is VERY worried that he already has "strike one" in eball's view.

You're right, actually- Spiller has 19 carries for the preseason, and there are several other entrenched starters with more carries, such as Ray Rice and Chris Johnson. That being said, they've been over-reliant on him, and using him on the goal line was a bad idea; putting him back in the game after injury was even worse.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/RYDS/2013/pre?&_1:col_1=7