Gov't Shutdown...How Will We Know?

Shutdowns usually mean progress stops, employees don't accomplish anything; output slows, then stops, etc. Given that these are the current characteristics of our national government, how bad can a more formal shutdown be?

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/23/20155687-obama-gop-threat-to-shut-down-government-not-an-economic-plan?lite

Will POTUS draw us another red line, another line in the sand, beyond which he'll take firm decisive action to keep the government productive? Gee, I hope he moves with same swift determination as his response to the situations in Syria, Benghazi, or any number of other mis-steps.

What an embarrassment; no wonder Putin slouches and grins when considering relations with the US.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most amazing part (as inevitable as death and taxes --for 50% of us) is that the GOP will pass the entire budget, defense, social programs,and even tours (just with the exception of funding for Obamacare)

and when the President and the dems reject it, the media will go right along with every DNC press release, claiming that the Republicans are "shutting down the government"..................and (of course) they hate the poor, minorites and women...............lol

Why they allow the discussion to be framed that way is beyond me. I would have someone in front of a camera 24/7 explaining repeatedly that everything else is funded and that the Dems are the ones blocking THAT funding.

Obamacare is LESS popular now than before, they should clearly explain their position and stick with it.

...............................but we all know that they won't..............they will cave under media pressure.

Edited by B-Man

The most amazing part (as inevitable as death and taxes --for 50% of us) is that the GOP will pass the entire budget, defense, social programs,and even tours (just with the exception of funding for Obamacare)

and when the President and the dems reject it, the media will go right along with every DNC press release, claiming that the Republicans are "shutting down the government"..................and (of course) they hate the poor, minorites and women...............lol

Why they allow the discussion to be framed that way is beyond me. I would have someone in front of a camera 24/7 explaining repeatedly that everything else is funded and that the Dems are the ones blocking THAT funding.

Obamacare is LESS popular now than before, they should clearly explain their position and stick with it.

...............................but we all know that they won't..............they will cave under media pressure.

lol step out of your bubble, that's a political loser

Some Republicans will try to explain but nobody is listening. They will be called racists, extremists, tea baggers, etc. Pretty much what will happen is exactly what LABillz posted in the Benghazi thread

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/152707-benghazi/page__st__400#entry2880421

Some Republicans will try to explain but nobody is listening. They will be called racists, extremists, tea baggers, etc. Pretty much what will happen is exactly what LABillz posted in the Benghazi thread

http://forums.twobil...00#entry2880421

We tried to tell them before they re elected this hack. And don't forget, if you're a black conservative, then they pay a bunch of women to come out and call you a pervert, womanizer, cheater etc.

I don't understand why he is campaining still, unless he really does plan to cirumvent tradition and run for a third term... or just pass an executive order that makes him Dicatator Obama.

Because campaigning is all he knows how to do.

He's not an executive, he's a corporate spokesman or mascot. He's not campaigning for himself anymore, he's working on Democrats for 2016 to continue their grip on the reigns of an Expansionist Government

"Help I've fallen and can't get up!"

God, I hope the republicans win in 2016 (I don't how with all the crying and whining)... But I hope they win. This is getting unbearable.

I won't be able to take 4 more years of this pouting... What's next? Stomp feet and hold their breath? LoL

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Because campaigning is all he knows how to do

Not to mention, he needs to start building whatever firewall he can to gear up for his legacy being pissed on by Hillary and Bill for a couple of years as she starts her run.

Unless your'e stupid enough to think she will sell herself as the candidate who will continue Barack Obama's work . :lol:

God, I hope the republicans win in 2016 (I don't how with all the crying and whining)... But I hope they win. This is getting unbearable.

While I recognize you're joking, you should be careful what you wish for. If a Republican wins in 2016, they would simply need to do two or three basic things to unleash the economy, at which point the Obama incompetence factor will be unmistakable to even you.

While I recognize you're joking, you should be careful what you wish for. If a Republican wins in 2016, they would simply need to do two or three basic things to unleash the economy, at which point the Obama incompetence factor will be unmistakable to even you.

If that ever happened, Obama would take credit for his predecessor's success just as fast as he blames his own failures on his successor

The media is TOTALLY against you! It's a conspiracy, yup, and you are normal.

What the hell are you bitching about. He's in the Bay Area about 10 times a year and !@#$s up traffic like crazy. See the Bay Area is his personal ATM machine.

I'm not bitching, I knew better than to try and drive wherever he was going to be that day.

Sen. Lee: 'Darned lie' that GOP wants to shut down government over Obamacare

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times

Sen. Mike Lee is rejecting the argument that Republicans intend to shut down the federal government over efforts to defund Obamacare.

The Utah Republican told a town hall meeting on Thursday night that talk of such a shutdown is a “false narrative based on an absolute lie,” Politico reported.

I need you to help communicate a message, a message to defeat a false narrative based on an absolute lie that has been perpetuated by the political ruling class elite in Washington, D.C., that’s been dutifully reported by an all-too-willing-to-comply media, and that lie that the effort to avoid funding Obamacare is an effort to shut down the government … It’s a darned lie and I reject it,” he said.

Democrats have tried to convince the American people that Republicans are willing to shut down the entire federal government because of their obsession with stopping Obamacare.

“It’s a lie because I’ve never called for a shutdown, I’ve never asked for a shutdown, we don’t need a shutdown, we don’t want a shutdown,” Mr. Lee said in response to that argument, as reported by Politico. “In fact, the whole reason I am bringing this forward is to avoid a shutdown.”

He added that he’s willing to fundicon1.pngeverything else in government, even programs that I dislike” in the effort to cut off money for Obamacare.