Why is no one concerned about this...

sirebors

I strongly suspect that pretty much everything you're hearing is from Parker given his relationship with Rappaport. Parker saying that he's open to a trade is basically a signal to the Bills to get on it or else. Whether that threat works or not I don't know.

I don't see how this would improve Parker's negotiating position, especially since he avoids dealing through the press. I'm sure that if he & Byrd want out of Buffalo, they told Brandon & Overdorf directly. Senidng the message to the public does nothing to spur the Bills into action, because they hold all the cards for 2013. Byrd is in for an under-market contract for the year, and it's in his best benefit to have a lights out year. Thus, there's no pressure on Bills to move him if they don't get a deal they like. Plus, if a team was going to deal for Byrd, it would have made more sense to do so prior to July 15.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still at it.... Give it up already.... you said nobody... as in no one... I believe that was an incorrect statement, move on already... wow you have issues....

So you're saying you can't name one person who reported that Jairus Byrd is seeking a trade; which is the opposite of what you'd originally stated. Thank you. Carry on.

So you're saying you can't name one person who reported that Jairus Byrd is seeking a trade; which is the opposite of what you'd originally stated. Thank you. Carry on.

so you can't give up on the fact you were blatantly wrong? lol.

And I stated elsewhere that I was repeating what I heard on the radio, so yes... the news guy, there's one. Go away.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

I don't see how this would improve Parker's negotiating position, especially since he avoids dealing through the press. I'm sure that if he & Byrd want out of Buffalo, they told Brandon & Overdorf directly. Senidng the message to the public does nothing to spur the Bills into action, because they hold all the cards for 2013. Byrd is in for an under-market contract for the year, and it's in his best benefit to have a lights out year. Thus, there's no pressure on Bills to move him if they don't get a deal they like. Plus, if a team was going to deal for Byrd, it would have made more sense to do so prior to July 15.

Who says that Parker doesn't deal through the press? See the link above and these two: http://profootballta...than-bradford/.

http://espn.go.com/n...nnesota-vikings

He also told the following to Tim Graham earlier this year:

“Under the system, the Bills were allowed to pay Jairus substantially less than a Pro Bowl player at his position makes for four years,” Parker said. “The Bills, under the CBA, have the ability to restrict his free agency by making him a one-year offer, which we can accept or not accept.

“He’s fulfilled every clause of his contract, and he’s played at 15 to 20 percent of what his market value is for a player at his position, and he did it for four years with no complaints.

“Now, it’s time. We’ve got to figure something out.”

“We’re going to continue to do everything we can to get this done,” Brandon said. “That’s the ultimate goal. It’s never an easy process, but the franchise tag is an asset that’s collectively bargained and that we’re provided, and he has what’s available to him by not being here until when he feels he should be.”

That time probably will come when Parker obtains the financial commitment from Buffalo he has determined Byrd deserves.

“I understand the business of football,” Parker said. “I realize teams have choices and options, and players have choices and options. And the better the player, the better options that player has.

“If a deal doesn’t work for the player or team, then it doesn’t work. We can agree to disagree. That doesn’t make the team bad, or me bad or the player bad.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130602/SPORTS/130609848/1004

---

That sounds to me like "negotiating through the press.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yes, but that's a worlds of difference between him openly asking for a trade. You can look at it also as the Bills don't want to go through this process again next year and will be more than happy to move him. You know, like the other Parker client, before.

ps - Who'd want a bridge to Brooklyn anyway? :D

There is a worlds of difference? Ummm. No.

It's just the next step. If he is open to a trade, announcing to be open/requesting trade is the very next step.

Yes, but that's a worlds of difference between him openly asking for a trade. You can look at it also as the Bills don't want to go through this process again next year and will be more than happy to move him. You know, like the other Parker client, before.

ps - Who'd want a bridge to Brooklyn anyway? :D

another link in the Byrd convo on Rotoworld

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Bills FS Jairus Byrd hasn't requested a trade.

Earlier Wednesday, there were rumors to that effect on Twitter, but they were based on a misinterpreted report from ESPN's Ed Werder. A trade couldn't net Byrd his desired long-term deal any sooner than the offseason, so he has little reason to request one.

There is a worlds of difference? Ummm. No.

It's just the next step. If he is open to a trade, announcing to be open/requesting trade is the very next step.

If it is the next step, it hasn't been crossed yet. There's as much incentive for the Bills to want to deal Byrd as there is for Byrd to want out of Buffalo. For all we know, the player's side answered yes to the the question, "We hear Bills are trying to trade Byrd. Would Byrd be ok if Buffalo trades him?" To me that's different than Byrd or Parker telling friendly reporters that Byrd wants out of Buffalo.

so you can't give up on the fact you were blatantly wrong? lol.

And I stated elsewhere that I was repeating what I heard on the radio, so yes... the news guy, there's one. Go away.

You're delusional. Provide a link with a quote and you'll save face and I'll admit I was wrong. Don't provide a link with a quote and you'd be further ahead if you stopped making nearly complete ass of yourself. You look like a clown ... oh .. wait ...

You're delusional. Provide a link with a quote and you'll save face and I'll admit I was wrong. Don't provide a link with a quote and you'd be further ahead if you stopped making nearly complete ass of yourself. You look like a clown ... oh .. wait ...

lol. that's all you have? I posted something I literally heard on the radio, how F-ing stupid do you have to be to not understand those words? Blindly stupid is my guess. You even put into writing that nobody, as in No one was discussing it... that was easily dismissed like a simple little child, no GO AWAY you waste of time, you've made an ass of yourself long enough. you just can't let it go, wow you must be fun at christmas parties...

lol. that's all you have? I posted something I literally heard on the radio, how F-ing stupid do you have to be to not understand those words? Blindly stupid is my guess. You even put into writing that nobody, as in No one was discussing it... that was easily dismissed like a simple little child, no GO AWAY you waste of time, you've made an ass of yourself long enough. you just can't let it go, wow you must be fun at christmas parties...

All I have left is a summary:

You provided bogus information that - for some CRAZY REASON - can be found nowhere on the World Wide Web for verification (hint: because it ain't true).

You then provided a quote that directly contradicted what you'd "heard" - and still thought it backed you up.

You've attempted to make your points with abrasiveness, vulgarities, insults and ridiculously failed attempts at humor.

And the icing on the cake ... yes, believe it or not, there's more ... is that you somehow interpret all of this as you being right and me being wrong.

Oh, and if there is a moron of your caliber in the room at a Christmas party ... you bet you're ass I'm fun.

Peace out, "Homey."

All I have left is a summary:

You provided bogus information that - for some CRAZY REASON - can be found nowhere on the World Wide Web for verification (hint: because it ain't true).

You then provided a quote that directly contradicted what you'd "heard" - and still thought it backed you up.

You've attempted to make your points with abrasiveness, vulgarities, insults and ridiculously failed attempts at humor.

And the icing on the cake ... yes, believe it or not, there's more ... is that you somehow interpret all of this as you being right and me being wrong.

Oh, and if there is a moron of your caliber in the room at a Christmas party ... you bet you're ass I'm fun.

Peace out, "Homey."

lol.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Byrd has openly stated he wants to be traded, this guy will play 16 more games in a Bills uniform, and that's it. There's no doubt he feels betrayed, and will sign elsewhere, so if I were the coaching staff, i'd make damn sure I had his replacement getting as many reps as possible this year.

You think he will miss 3 games this year?

Homey, here's what you wrote: "Byrd has openly stated he wants to be traded..." But nowhere has anyone been able to find any such statement by Byrd. what we have are a couple of writers who have NOT identified their sources and are claiming that Byrd, though he hasn't said a freakin' thing about a trade, probably wouldn't mind one. So your statement is ipso facto false. Which is why you're being hammered around here. And why all your verbal shuckin' and jivin' ain't convincing anyone. It's game-set-match, brought about by your own statement. Time to head for the showers, clean up, get a good night's sleep and come back prepared tomorrow.

If it's true, saying you're open to a trade on the cusp of the season while sitting out most of TC because of the franchise tag basically means "I want out of here ASAP." Kind of like the "it's not you, it's me" line. Basically, folks, you need to read between the lines.

As for someone who is "close to Byrd's thinking," I'd bet a large sum of money that it's Eugene Parker talking.

For example: http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=19401

"Jennings’ agent, Eugene Parker, told Rapoport that he expects his client to be in high demand when the market opens."

yet in this situation neither parker nor byrd are making public comments like parker or jennings are in that article.

well, apparently you misheard it or the person misrepresented the original report because "open to a trade" is different than "openly asking for a trade"

its ok homey, you can back off the assertion.

A little harsh no?

For calmly stating that Homey was irresponsible and wrong for saying "openly stated?"

No. Not harsh.

Byrd has not made any public statements asking for a trade. As such, he's not "openly stated" anything.

This is a black and white issue.

Homey seems more right than most here, at least in my opinion. The guy wants out. No surprise there.

Homey has good opinions as a rule but his obstinance and insistence that he is right when he is wrong is to put it nicely, mystifying.

Just because Homey usually has good takes and you happen to agree that Byrd wants out doesn't make Homey's statement any less wrong.

Who says that Parker doesn't deal through the press? See the link above and these two: http://profootballta...than-bradford/.

http://espn.go.com/n...nnesota-vikings

That sounds to me like "negotiating through the press.

Having his agent negotiate through the press is not the same thing as "openly stating that he wants to be traded."

The problem with an irresponsible statement like Homey made is that people take it and run with it and something that never happened suddenly becomes something that happened.

Why not just say "In my opinion, Byrd and his agent are working towards getting Byrd traded."

Stating that something that never happened is a factual event is inaccurate at best.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

yet in this situation neither parker nor byrd are making public comments like parker or jennings are in that article.

I disagree with your interpretation, but I respect your opinion. My view is that when there's smoke, there's fire. The guy wants out, in my estimation, and stuff like this doesn't happen unless there's some serious discontent. But yes, there's no clear statement to this effect. That said, if you read diplomatic cables over the course of last century, they're roundabout and euphemistic too. This ain't a freaking court of law.

Time will tell what the truth is.

I disagree with your interpretation, but I respect your opinion. My view is that when there's smoke, there's fire. The guy wants out, in my estimation, and stuff like this doesn't happen unless there's some serious discontent. But yes, there's no clear statement to this effect. That said, if you read diplomatic cables over the course of last century, they're roundabout and euphemistic too. This ain't a freaking court of law.

Time will tell what the truth is.

He could want a trade desperately

He could be open to any trade at all

He could be open to a trade to a better situation

He could be frustrated by negotiations but ok in buff

He could have a 3rd cousin that was excited a reporter called

It could be Parker thumbing his nose a little but what's he suppose to say, "Byrd refuses any trade options"?

A reporter could made a common sense tweet based on a vague statement someone made based off a common sense guess.

The problem with sports media is where there's smoke, there's like a 50-50 chance of fire and this barely qualifies as smoke even if your looking for fires. I enjoyed the "the anatomy of how espn manufactures stories out of thin air" article I posted today where they tracked some worthless comments around the family of networks and how they parrot each other even on abc to help build momentum for their coverage of the meaningless. "Open to a trade" is among the most meaningless phrases I've ever heard. "Ill will?" No kidding? You mean the bills offered him a contract he felt was unfit and he doesn't like that? Suddenly it's bouncing around 6 stations, with 9 people on each one, their twitter feeds, print media and they are all citing each other citing the same 2 tweets from the same anonymous source... Is that really a cloud of smoke or is it two vague anonymous tweets? But schefter says he could possibly get more angry... than his current unknown state of anger... maybe... If something does, or does not, perhaps happen!!!!

What frustrates me most is that this could break either way and lots of posters will be storming the board with "I told you I knew it" when it does but this is a situation that's totally wide open and the one thing that's certain is if you "know it" in either direction you've already misread the cards on the table

Edited by NoSaint

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Byrd has openly stated he wants to be traded, this guy will play 16 more games in a Bills uniform, and that's it. There's no doubt he feels betrayed, and will sign elsewhere, so if I were the coaching staff, i'd make damn sure I had his replacement getting as many reps as possible this year.

The defense needs to establish its self, so you could have Byrd play the season out and then franchise him again and trade him to another team willing to pay him a big contract. But having Byrd give the team a good season will help the defense then you could ship him out for picks (He should fetch a nice haul if he keeps playing at the same level and is healhty) if the sides aren't close.

My thought is that Byrd was looking to be paid as the best FS is football. The team was willing to pay him a good deal but not go crazy. I would have loved for this to be resolved with Byrd getting a fair deal but its clear the two are at a stalemate and that the right thing for both sides is for Byrd to play out the year and see what happens.