Astro-Notes: Final Practice

Astrobot

Thanks Astro. Love reading your posts.

What acrimony? He did after all earn a 6.9 mill salary. If he was not happy, why sign with 2 weeks left in the preseason? Couldn't he have signed later to show his displeasure?

According to the closed-captioning at the gym on ESPN, Adam Schefter I believe:

--Byrd reported during week 3 of preseason to save money.

If he had reported after the 4th preseason game (or at any other time), he would have been subject to the Bills placing him on the 2 week roster exemption while he got up to speed.

If Byrd missed 2 weeks of regular season, he would have lost 2 game checks. At roughly $6.95M, that's about $890K. So now he forces the Bills to exempt him for the final 2 weeks of preseason, where he would not have been paid anyway.

In short, since he was gonna report anyway, its best for his $$$ to do it now, to be sure he gets all of his $6.95M

Edited by maddenboy

Astro, thank you so much for taking the time to do this for those of us that couldn't be there. i really enjoyed your observations from these practices and really appreciate the time you took out of your days to do this. you, sir, are a good man!

2nded. Thank you, Sir!

... the most noteworthy thing was that WRs Stevie Johnson (17), Robert Woods (81) & TJ Graham (13) all wore the wrong uniforms on purpose. I am told they switched back, but did a double take.

It could have been totally random but I kinda think this is Stevie telling the coaching staff not to cut Da'Rick Rogers. Hasn't done much in preseason so far but I really hope we keep this guy, his potential is through the roof!

It could have been totally random but I kinda think this is Stevie telling the coaching staff not to cut Da'Rick Rogers. Hasn't done much in preseason so far but I really hope we keep this guy, his potential is through the roof!

Agreed. Sounds like it was Rogers' turn in the barrel. I guess the real test will be to see how much playing time he gets this weekend, right?

being the end of the Fishers camp , i would like to thank you.

Very much. For reporting and

For divining so much for us.

I would be disrespectful not to thank U Flap too.

But you sir have been an awesome resource for us as a whole.

Thank you thank you

e

Ranks Rastro!

Ed said it was his opinion on Insiders...

45]

User Actions Following
aa0240f572e6e053470562de9deedbbc_normal.jpeg

Being asked if Jairus Byrd requested a trade. No. Would he welcome one in the right situation? At this point, I believe he would.

Irresponsible crap from Werder.

His "beliefs" mean exactly less than zero.

If he's such a connected journalist, why not just contact Byrd for comment?

The laziest brand of crap out there.

Irresponsible crap from Werder.

His "beliefs" mean exactly less than zero.

If he's such a connected journalist, why not just contact Byrd for comment?

The laziest brand of crap out there.

Werder is too busy hanging out outside of cowboys camp, hoping to catch a glimpse of tony romo, to do actual reporting.

Thanks Astro. Love reading your posts.

What acrimony? He did after all earn a 6.9 mill salary. If he was not happy, why sign with 2 weeks left in the preseason? Couldn't he have signed later to show his displeasure?

Not without losing game checks.

Stroh...thank you very much for your camp reports, they were greatly appreciated.

I would also like to thank you and all the posters that have posted from camp. Without your dedication, we'd all be left with snipettes of misinformation on ESPN and NFL network. You've allowed myself and so many others to enjoy training camp... and get excited for the upcoming season.

You're why this board remains the single best place to be if you want good Bills football knowledge and discussion.