Manuel Update(Rumor)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"THE GOOD NEWS is that he’ll supposedly be fine by month’s end."

Not really breaking news. Marrone has said as much. IMO, it's no longer wishful thinking that EJ will take the majority of snaps in practice leading up to the Opener and start.

Well written article. Pollard is hidden 'down there' in Olean.

I can't imagine that EJ would miss the opening game...there are very few knee proceedures where you would miss 2-3 weeks...ACL/PCL are year- 6 months...MCL/LCL usually rest no surg, if it requires surgery then months of rehab not weeks..which leaves a scope to clean up cartalage or a loose body-week to two weeks out...possible an injection or having the knee drained -week or so...

I think the coaches know they have their starter and decided to get a small problem that EJ could have played with talken care of now rather than have it linger for the season...I think we wont even be able to notice that something was done come week one...(just the opinion of a PT...if there are any knee doc on the board with different thoughts fire away...)

I hear he will be back before the end of the month. Dont know if it is true?

http://www.oleantime...1a4bcf887a.html

Does anyone know if he will be back before week one? So he can start :thumbsup:

umm thats what he was supposed to be out for. the preseason, the end of August, no one ever said he'd miss week 1 Sept 8th for sure.

I can't imagine that EJ would miss the opening game...there are very few knee proceedures where you would miss 2-3 weeks...ACL/PCL are year- 6 months...MCL/LCL usually rest no surg, if it requires surgery then months of rehab not weeks..which leaves a scope to clean up cartalage or a loose body-week to two weeks out...possible an injection or having the knee drained -week or so...

I think the coaches know they have their starter and decided to get a small problem that EJ could have played with talken care of now rather than have it linger for the season...I think we wont even be able to notice that something was done come week one...(just the opinion of a PT...if there are any knee doc on the board with different thoughts fire away...)

Your analysis seems the most reasonable to me. Go Bills. Go EJ.

If he can be back by August 30, he should be good to go for game 1.

That has been my thinking as well. One full week of practice. We know he will have been in every meeting and studying his ass off, as he has since he got here.

I'd think I'd rather watch the Bills lose with Manuel at QB than watch them win with Kolb. Just saying, we need to make the move to EJ and get on with the future.

I said that same exact thing to a Bills fan friend of mine... It makes no sense when you say it out loud but at least I understand you...

I'd think I'd rather watch the Bills lose with Manuel at QB than watch them win with Kolb. Just saying, we need to make the move to EJ and get on with the future.

Fail. No fan prefers their team losing.

Considering that Marrone said he was looking to get him back "early", I think it makes sense that Manuel will be back practicing well before the season opener.

Or at least that's what I tell myself at night to make myself more comfortable.

Regardless of Manuel's condition, I hope and expect the Bills will wait until shortly before the Pats game to announce who is starting.

I think the only thing they have to do is put out an accurate injury report; they're not obligated to tell anyone outside that locker room who is starting.

The practices are closed to the public and media after preseason ends, right?

Fail. No fan prefers their team losing.

Agreed (unless maybe if it's at the end of a bad season and a loss gets us the next Bruce Smith) how about the more realistic statement:

I would much rather they lose with Manuel than lose with Kolb.

If I thought they would win (much) with Kolb, this would all be a non-issue.

Edited by BobChalmers

Agreed (unless maybe if it's at the end of a bad season and a loss gets us the next Bruce Smith) how about the more realistic statement:

I would much rather they lose with Manuel than lose with Kolb.

If I thought they would win (much) with Kolb, this would all be a non-issue.

I can't imagine victory with Kolb...watching Kolb vs the Viks and then EJ vs. the viks was like night and day...IMO Kolb sticks out like a sore thumb, while EJ just blends in with all the speed around him...I really think we will surprise some people...at least I hope we do...