Manuel Update(Rumor)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we just picked up two QBs, I'm not as confident as this guy is.

Yep, it is not at all unusual for a "minor procedure" to ultimately end up being a major problem. Not saying that is the case here, but essentially putting "a QB Needed" listing on Craigslist - NFL is a good indication that EJ's minor procedure is not a trifling matter.

Yep, it is not at all unusual for a "minor procedure" to ultimately end up being a major problem. Not saying that is the case here, but essentially putting "a QB Needed" listing on Craigslist - NFL is a good indication that EJ's minor procedure is not a trifling matter.

Not necessarily--he may still be ready, but they just don't want to go into the season with no vet backup, which they'd be doing as of today absent signing Leinart and/or Lewis. May be a competition between those two this week for that job....

I wouldn't read much more into it at this point than the Bills needing to find a veteran replacement for Kolb, who is likely done, and that their plan was to have 3 QB's on the roster.

The more a timetable isn't presented for EJ's return, the more I think it's a bigger issue. We're looking at less than two weeks until the opener and we just picked up two more QBs who have mediocre "careers", don't know the offense, and haven't taken a snap with our first team yet. Tuel looked really poor vs WASH. Don't you think this would be the perfect time to allay any fears and put EJ's time table out there to the public? I honestly don't think Marrone is smoke screening New England by not providing a time table. There is a reason he hasn't released exactly what's wrong with him, and that reason is that if he did, medical professionals would weigh in on a time table that doesn't have EJ starting week 1, which is probably the case.

I wouldn't read much more into it at this point than the Bills needing to find a veteran replacement for Kolb, who is likely done, and that their plan was to have 3 QB's on the roster.

Also, they probably signed 2 more QB's for the last preseason game to see which of the 3 are the best fit before cutting one of them since EJ will be the started.