1. 1. What should we name the Defense

• The Kill Bills
    • The Blitzkrieg Bills
    • The Pettine Zoo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if we threw out a number of names, we'd have to have a meeting to reach agreement on a single name so as to avoid confusion. Where would we all park; surely not in stadium parking? Someone suggested Buffalo Bills defense; now that has a nice ring to it, not much room for confusion, and ever so memorable.

Hmmm, seems we had a "name the defense" thread last season about this time (of which I'll admit I participated in, too). Like some others here say, let's win a few defensive battles before we go down this road. Obviously, this season does look a heckuva lot more promising than last season on the defensive side of the ball, but I'd still rather wait for the results, first.

I love the way this Defense is approaching the game.

"Pressure Cooker"

The KFC...D?

Never mind. Pettine Zoo has to be it, doesn't it?

San Jose? You can forget about your IP claim: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?450240-Report-Pettine-free-to-interview-with-Bills&p=6598565#post6598565

And to think, the Jets had Coach Pettine for 4 years, playoffs etc, and couldn't get this one figured out? Well, the Jets fans did get close, but, in typical Jest fan style, they reversed the thing: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/252174-Mike-Pettine-wont-return-next-year?p=4737149&viewfull=1#post4737149

It looks to me that this means Rex is staying, but like Callahan last year who made a lateral move to escape Rex's zoo, Pettine is just trying to get out while his reputation is still somewhat intact...

Hehe..that's 2 for the price of 1.

Oh...that's right...they also had Rex Ryan. I imagine some Jets marketing guy came up with "Pettine Zoo"...but...he's probably "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey". Ryan would never allow that kind of attention to be focused anywhere but him.

Let's see if they earn one first. Last year this time we were looking for a name for awesome top 5 D. How did that turn out?

Until such time as they earn one, how about we call them "the defense" and hope it's accurate?

Edited by reddogblitz