Bills cold emailing for ticket sales?

sullim4

Got this email today. I live near Seattle so I don't make it out frequently but I was surprised they were sending personalized emails like this, especially given that my last few purchases were on StubHub and Craigslist. Actually the fact that they have no game during the weekend between Christmas and New Years is a drawback since that's when I'll be back in the area!

Hi <sullim4>,

Thank you for your continued interest in the Buffalo Bills. I quickly wanted to see if you had a chance to attend any games this past season?

I’ve attached our 2013 schedule for you to review. This year we have three games in September and six out of seven home games before Thanksgiving. I quickly wanted to see what your plans are for attending games this season? Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank you <sullim4>.

<Name Redacted>

Ticket Sales

One Bills Drive | Orchard Park, NY | 14127

Got this email today. I live near Seattle so I don't make it out frequently but I was surprised they were sending personalized emails like this, especially given that my last few purchases were on StubHub and Craigslist. Actually the fact that they have no game during the weekend between Christmas and New Years is a drawback since that's when I'll be back in the area!

Hi <sullim4>,

Thank you for your continued interest in the Buffalo Bills. I quickly wanted to see if you had a chance to attend any games this past season?

I’ve attached our 2013 schedule for you to review. This year we have three games in September and six out of seven home games before Thanksgiving. I quickly wanted to see what your plans are for attending games this season? Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank you <sullim4>.

<Name Redacted>

Ticket Sales

One Bills Drive | Orchard Park, NY | 14127

I also live near Seattle and watched a few games with the Bills Backers at Jillian's near South Lake Union last year. I didn't get the email though it doesn't much matter.

I wonder if it's normal for them to solicit ticket sales like this? A sign of desperation?

I'm kind of envious that all the Seahawks games are sold out. Back in the 90s, the Bills pulled in fantastic attendance figures.

I hear they got a lot a tix still available for the December games.. Brrrr

Not all that worried since the ONLY home game in BUffalo in December is against Miami. the other game is in toronto thus an automatic sell out from Buffalo's perspective.

The previous game in Buffalo will be against the Jets is 11 days before thanksgiving.

The games of blackout concern would be Cincinnati and KC.

I used to get cold calls by the Chicago Blackhawks organization a few years ago... They'd ask me if I wanted to buy season tickets, game packs, etc... I told them to !@#$ off, I was only attending for Sabres games. Think that was a mistake? Imagine what I could sell those tickets now to the bandwagon fans. I'd put my kid through college selling playoff tickets alone. ;-) ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I wouldn't exactly call that a personal email. It costs pretty much nothing to send an email when you already own the list and is a standard marketing practice in a wide range of consumer businesses. I'd be shocked if there were any pro teams that didn't do some level of email marketing.

It's just sales.... it will be awesome to remind Ralph ,the organization ,and the state of New York how this community supports the team when there's a respectable product on the field.

Pittsburgh Pirates used to do this stuff all the time. Now that they are winning, it's strange, tickets are hard to find. Same thing will happen with the Bills THIS YEAR. (minus the Pirates past two season collapses).

The Bills sales staff will do anything to get a sale. I buy Suite tickets for home games. A couple of years ago, I didn't buy them soon enough for Jean Pierre Paul's liking (sales member with the Bills) and he called me one day and said "Listen man, are you going to buy or what. I'm sick of calling you". I responded "Then stop calling me. I'm not calling you. I am going to buy, but I'm going to call back and purchase from a different sales person".

He was an ass.

The Bills sales staff will do anything to get a sale. I buy Suite tickets for home games. A couple of years ago, I didn't buy them soon enough for Jean Pierre Paul's liking (sales member with the Bills) and he called me one day and said "Listen man, are you going to buy or what. I'm sick of calling you". I responded "Then stop calling me. I'm not calling you. I am going to buy, but I'm going to call back and purchase from a different sales person".

He was an ass.

That guy was probably fired if he treated customers like that. I've never had a problem with the Bills ticket staff. My rep is a total pro. The team that could use some help in customer service is the Sabres. I have Sabres ST's as well and I dread dealing with them.

PTR

That guy was probably fired if he treated customers like that. I've never had a problem with the Bills ticket staff. My rep is a total pro. The team that could use some help in customer service is the Sabres. I have Sabres ST's as well and I dread dealing with them.

PTR

I thought the same as well. However, when I called back this year to buy a few games they told me they were going to transfer me to him. I said "NOPE!" - transfer me to someone else.

My wife made the mistake of buying kids day preseason tickets from the Bills ticket office some years ago so now she gets calls multiple times a year trying to talk her into seasons.

The person who calls is always very nice and polite about it so she has no problem with the calls. But they are a sales organization and I suspect the turnover there year to year can be significant.

I think it is standard marketing procedures I get them from the Dolphins since I bought tickets to a bills game there two years ago, I get them from the Rangers because I went to a sabres rangers game in the garden.