Where was Byrd???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great game overall for the Bills but I though Williams played a great game. And i know it is only one pre-season game but if Byrd does not report to camp right away, trade his ass if there is any decent buyer. If he does not want to be here, I dont want him to be here.

No harm in playing this out. He'll come back at some point or forfeit $7-8 million and the more the Bills are forced to succeed without him the better it is to for the Bills.

People need to stop pretending they would do anything differently. This is big money we are talking about and big risk/reward kinds of decisions.

While I do see it is a little absurd he can jump in halfway through the year and collect the whole years paycheck, those are the rules.

Good news... A Williams looked very good out there at safety, so having no starters there from last year, it seems that's one positive to bear in mind.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I think the Bills should move him out, and I think any player with Eugene Parker as an agent should be traded as well(See alex Carrington). It is becoming painfully clear that this guy has only one agenda, and it's to constantly hold his players out for money. Why waste time developing a guy when you will ultimately lose him over a contract situation...

I agree with this. Stay away from any player managed by Eugene. Unless it is Clowney.

Rocker. Dude. You're insane. In a bad way. Don't come in guns blazing and pick fights with posters then cry that they jump you. Especiallt after you start another Byrd thread.

I got to get my props. I do believe in living a dangerous life always on the edge,..... on the internet blog.

I agree with this. Stay away from any player managed by Eugene. Unless it is Clowney.

I got to get my props. I do believe in living a dangerous life always on the edge,..... on the internet blog.

so why take so much effort to be a jerk?

You also don't cut or trade a player THAT IS NOT ON YOUR ROSTER.

:wallbash:

Don't be a dick. I think it's obviously assumed that any trade would have to be approved by Byrd.

However, lets be honest. If there was a willing trade partner out there, Byrd's agent would be all over it.

What am I missing about the Byrd situation? I have to admit, more and more, I pay less attention to contract stuff...but to my understanding, once the deadline passed for him to sign his franchise tender, it made it impossible for the Bills to negotiate with him for a long term contract, correct? So, his only option, at this point, August 12th, 2013 is to sign the tendered offer, play out the season, and be free to go where he wants next year. IMO, he is only hurting himself, not to mention his team, at this point.... he has made his point...he wants a **** ton of money. The Bills are agreeing to pay him a **** ton of money to play for this one season, and that is all they can do right now.

The only options for Byrd are to sign the deal, or sit out this season. It is obvious, at this point, he just does not want to be a Buffalo Bill. I am normally one to side with players in these sort of disputes, but the longer time passes, there is no question in my mind, Byrd, all along, had the desire to leave Buffalo. Fine...I think he is a great player, but I also don't think, at this point, losing him hurts them as significantly as some seem to feel. I believe it is possible for a player to be very good, and overrated at the same time... I kind of feel this way about Byrd. If the guy was openly saying he wanted to get a deal done with the Bills, at any point in this thing, I might feel differently. But, as a fan, I have moved on from Jairus Byrd...I think it getting close to the time where the Bills should too.

Don't be a dick. I think it's obviously assumed that any trade would have to be approved by Byrd.

However, lets be honest. If there was a willing trade partner out there, Byrd's agent would be all over it.

I don't know if it has to be approved by him, I believe the bills may be able to trade the rights to Byrd to any team, basically allowing them compensation other then what would be given to them if the team signed him as a RFA.

The problem now is that theres nothing that can be done from the Bills standpoint besides moving him or waiting for him to come back. And theres nothing more Byrd can do besides sit out to send a message or sign his tender and come in to play. The bills and Byrd can't sign any new contract now, its either he plays in Buffalo for the tender amount or sits out.

What am I missing about the Byrd situation? I have to admit, more and more, I pay less attention to contract stuff...but to my understanding, once the deadline passed for him to sign his franchise tender, it made it impossible for the Bills to negotiate with him for a long term contract, correct? So, his only option, at this point, August 12th, 2013 is to sign the tendered offer, play out the season, and be free to go where he wants next year. IMO, he is only hurting himself, not to mention his team, at this point.... he has made his point...he wants a **** ton of money. The Bills are agreeing to pay him a **** ton of money to play for this one season, and that is all they can do right now.

The only options for Byrd are to sign the deal, or sit out this season. It is obvious, at this point, he just does not want to be a Buffalo Bill. I am normally one to side with players in these sort of disputes, but the longer time passes, there is no question in my mind, Byrd, all along, had the desire to leave Buffalo. Fine...I think he is a great player, but I also don't think, at this point, losing him hurts them as significantly as some seem to feel. I believe it is possible for a player to be very good, and overrated at the same time... I kind of feel this way about Byrd. If the guy was openly saying he wanted to get a deal done with the Bills, at any point in this thing, I might feel differently. But, as a fan, I have moved on from Jairus Byrd...I think it getting close to the time where the Bills should too.

That's all some of us have been trying to say all along.

And I think you're right. Buffalo doesn't seem to agree with him and the ONLY thing that would make it agreeable is to give him EXACTLY what he wants.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't be stupid. Spend two seconds and learn the facts instead of assuming things that are incorrect. Any team can sign Byrd today. There is nothing stopping them. Byrd is a (Non-exclusive) Franchise Tag. The price for a "Trade" is already set by the NFL through the Franchise Tag process. All a team has to do is give Byrd a call sign him and give the Bills the draft picks. Simple.

I don't know if it has to be approved by him, I believe the bills may be able to trade the rights to Byrd to any team, basically allowing them compensation other then what would be given to them if the team signed him as a RFA.]

The problem now is that theres nothing that can be done from the Bills standpoint besides moving him or waiting for him to come back. And theres nothing more Byrd can do besides sit out to send a message or sign his tender and come in to play. The bills and Byrd can't sign any new contract now, its either he plays in Buffalo for the tender amount or sits out.

Byrd cannot sign a long term deal anymore with the Bills it is past the July 15th deadline.

There really is no reason to hold-out at this time. He will be playing 2013 under the franchise tag salary or he won't be playing in 2013 and won't be collecting a paycheck.

No NFL team is going to give up the draft picks to sign him. Any NFL team could sign him today.

There is actually one more option. The Bills and Byrd can agree to a 1 year deal that is greater than the franchise tag amount, but at this point in time Byrd has no leverage. Why would he Bills pay him more than the tag amount? It makes no sense. Eugene Parker is just being a dick to the Bills and doing his client a disservice. Byrd should wise up and fire his ass asap.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Don't be stupid. Spend two seconds and learn the facts instead of assuming things that are incorrect. Any team can sign Byrd today. There is nothing stopping them. Byrd is a (Non-exclusive) Franchise Tag. The price for a "Trade" is already set by the NFL through the Franchise Tag process. All a team has to do is give Byrd a call sign him and give the Bills the draft picks. Simple.

Byrd cannot sign a long term deal anymore with the Bills it is past the July 15th deadline.

There really is no reason to hold-out at this time. He will be playing 2013 under the franchise tag salary or he won't be playing in 2013 and won't be collecting a paycheck.

No NFL team is going to give up the draft picks to sign him. Any NFL team could sign him today.

There is actually one more option. The Bills and Byrd can agree to a 1 year deal that is greater than the franchise tag amount, but at this point in time Byrd has no leverage. Why would he Bills pay him more than the tag amount? It makes no sense. Eugene Parker is just being a dick to the Bills and doing his client a disservice. Byrd should wise up and fire his ass asap.

Reasons byrd is still holding out - build leverage for next year (ill sit out camp again), the franchise tag is non-guaranteed until week 1 (avoiding catastrophic injury in the mean time), possibly building leverage for his current 1 year deal (ill report if you don't tag next year, though that hasn't been reported to be true)

Thats right, he can't sign a long term deal with the Bills until after this season. Holding out won't give him leverage now in trying to get a longterm deal done since they can't do one, thats what i was saying, but theres also no reason for him to show up until he absolutly has to before he loses money. He, like many others previously will sign the Tender at the last minute and show up to play just before they would start losing paychecks.

As for a deal with any other team, the Bills and another team could come to an agreement to deal him for just a first, or a single pick in a different round, or multiple lower picks that would be less then what the Bills would get if a team were to make him an offer right now. if you were a team interested in Byrd, would you not call the Bills up right now and offer a 2nd, maybe a first to take him off their hands before you try and sign him and have to give up a 1st and a 3rd?

I don't know if it has to be approved by him, I believe the bills may be able to trade the rights to Byrd to any team, basically allowing them compensation other then what would be given to them if the team signed him as a RFA.

It has to be approved by him, considering that he has to sign the tender for the Bills to sign the trade paper work.

Reasons byrd is still holding out - build leverage for next year (ill sit out camp again), the franchise tag is non-guaranteed until week 1 (avoiding catastrophic injury in the mean time), possibly building leverage for his current 1 year deal (ill report if you don't tag next year, though that hasn't been reported to be true)

Disagree. I think he's not reporting because:

1) Avoid risk of injury.

2) Why should he? He gets paid the same regardless of whether he reports to camp on time or 3 days before the opener.

Earth to dumbass. That is an equivalency trade. If you sign Byrd, you have to give the Bills picks. One team gets the player, the other team gets picks. That's an equivalency trade.

Secondly, there is no team that will do an equivalency trade (signing him) due to the amount they would have to give up. So an actual trade is what would need to happen. And for an actual trade to happen, the Bills would have to sign Byrd to his tender before signing the trade paperwork.

So as I said, don't be a dick. It's assumed that Byrd would sign the deal before being traded.