Just Jack

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this be confirmed?

Was the 2 min drill against the backups or starters?

At the very least a mix. Most teams are pulling starters after about a quarter or so this week. Being a young team and kolb being out EJ is likely going deeper than the colts starting defense.

People need to relax. What exactly has been learned so far?

1) CJ looks ready for a HUGE year

2) Goodwin has speed to burn and is DANGEROUS

3) Kiko Alonso looks SPECIAL

4) Ron Brooks and the DB's playing to opposite Gilmore scare the **** out of me

5) Left-side of OL looks suspect

6) Hopkins has a heck of a leg, but consistency could cause him to get cut

7) EJ looks like I suspected. Mix of solid plays and rookie mistakes. It'll be an up and down year as expected.

A tad premature wouldn't you say ??

He was playing with backups, and technically to some he is a back up to. Way to rain on the parade. EJ may have some learning to do, but you can see he is no Fitz, Losman or Edwards. He will be good and maybe real good. Give him a chance.

Umm I am giving him a chance and not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Just trying to keep perspective. And he was playing with the starting Oline and receivers. Dickerson, Choice being an exception. Graham and Woods were in.

EJ impressions:

First few drives: internal clock a bit too sped up. Made the right reads (except for one play that still should have been a completion), but the throws were more sped up (and hence, slightly off target) than they should have been.

Next drive: Pocket presence much better. You better believe someone just told him to calm down a bit. He listened.

2-min drill: Not much needs to be said. He was great.

Takeaway: I want him to start. He has a very quick release (sometimes, too quick). Hopefully it will mask our LG spot.