Toilet seat collar is officially gone

FluffHead

No offense intended to anyone, but I'm amazed at the number of threads about a uniform and equally amazed at the number of responses. Let them get the play up to an NFL level on a consistent basis before we worry about how pretty everyone looks.

I copy that.Back when the Bills changed to the red helmet I heard the exact same thing.How awful them red helmets looked. Soon after they started winning and going to super bowls them helmets became the greatest thing since sliced bread.

That jersey can't possibly be correct - the collar doesn't have the "flywire" at all. I'm pretty sure that every NFL jersey has the flywire, one color or another. That looks like the $100 ones you get on NFL.com...the "limited" jerseys.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time...and posters who don't want to read about uniforms can stay out of obvious uni threads, right?

So I'm not allowed to comment? Will you do the same when I start a post about porous O-line play etc. etc. etc.?

Love the full, 360 degree collar, glad that's what they've changed too. Nike has done a very good job with the jerseys; both for the actual ones on the field and those available for us as fans, but the weird toilet seat collar was just them trying too hard.

I agree! They're the best uni in the NFL, IMO.

Kinda brings a tear to my eye. Now go out there and make this uni dominate the NFL!!

I agree! They're the best uni in the NFL, IMO.

Kinda brings a tear to my eye. Now go out there and make this uni dominate the NFL!!

This and never ever bring back those USFL unis they wore before these.

Does anyone know the reason they changed the white helmet to the red in the 1980s?

That jersey can't possibly be correct - the collar doesn't have the "flywire" at all. I'm pretty sure that every NFL jersey has the flywire, one color or another. That looks like the $100 ones you get on NFL.com...the "limited" jerseys.

There are several teams that don't feature the style of collar you mention. The Patriots are one that comes to mind.

There are several teams that don't feature the style of collar you mention. The Patriots are one that comes to mind.

Whelp, when you're right, you're right. Really like the flywire though...hope the away uni's still have them.

Also, how great would it look if the home uni's had a red collar.

Edited by Oberyn