Who will be the republican nominee for president in 2016?

major

I know it's early but my sister asked me today who I think the republican nominee will be for president. I didn't have an immediate answer. I know Hillary is the dem's nominee; however, the republicans choice is truly up in the air. I've heard the following names thrown out there: jindal, Christie, rand Paul, Cruz, etc... What is your guess as to who their nominee will be? If Hillary doesn't run I could see 40 republicans running for the prize against Biden.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 years ago Hillary was the next President of the United States

Way too early to prognosticate the Republican field for 2016 and still too soon to start Hillary's Coronation. Obama fatigue is already setting in. I could see Cuomo or O'Malley mounting a serious primary challenge against Hillary. And Biden :lol: Unless the Republicans nominate Dick Cheney or Richard Nixon's re-animated corpse, not gonna happen.

Cruz will not run

Rand Paul is not his father. If there is any doubt about holding his Senate seat, he will take the easy road and hold what he has

With Florida so critical, Jeb Bush is a good guess. He's not his brother. Rubio should be a contender too.

Rand Paul has baggage. Paul Ryan is too money focused for America to latch onto.

Not sure Hillary can do it. Se would have been 10x the president Obama is but can she overcome the divisiveness he brought? If someone can truly not be a divisive party shill, they may blow away the field.

Jeb Bush - read it now quote me later

How do you top the 2012 GOP Clown parade? Add a Bush to the mix! The next Hermann Cain, Santorium and/or Bachman will have a field day attacking "Establishment" Bush. Oh...is it almost GOP primary time again! :doh::lol:B-)

1) Jeb Bush

2) Paul Rand

3) Marco Rubio

4) Paul Ryan

I could see Jeb Bush/Paul Ryan ticket. Paul Ryan is a business man who is not afraid to reform and will draw in many to the ticket to help Bush who the GOP will stay loyal to.

How do you top the 2012 GOP Clown parade? Add a Bush to the mix! The next Hermann Cain, Santorium and/or Bachman will have a field day attacking "Establishment" Bush. Oh...is it almost GOP primary time again! :doh::lol:B-)

Jeb Bush is in the sweet spot - conservative and southern enough to squeak by the Tea party not so right-wing as to come off as bat **** crazy to the rest of the country.

Jeb Bush is in the sweet spot - conservative and southern enough to squeak by the Tea party not so right-wing as to come off as bat **** crazy to the rest of the country.

Is a Bush Conservative enough for today's Republican party? The only way he wins if a several wack job tea party crazies divide the Super-Conservative vote. But, that's what McCain did, and I guess he could do a wait it out and win at the end like Romney. So, ok, he does make some sense.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/ted-cruzs-father-obamacare-is-going-to-destroy-the-elderly/

If you are old, Vote Republican or die!!!

The former Pennsylvania senator has been warning Iowans this week that the “culture shapers” in Hollywood are “out there telling lies.” And he asserted that younger Americans were increasingly spending more time on their smart phones than going to church or with family.

“It’s no wonder young people overwhelmingly are supporting the other side,” he said, “because they don’t know the truth.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/in-iowa-rick-santorum-rails-against-hollywood/

And Santorium is trying to win the old white vote by running against those phang dang devices the young folks are hooked on.

Right now I think it will be Christie. Reasons are...

1. Sad but true, in this age of low information voters, presidential campaigns are more about personality than policy. Christie has one and the other GOP contenders don't.

2. Christie can fight back at Hillary without looking like a just another mean old GOP white guy.

3. He's much more relatable to middle America in a way that Hillary isn't.

4. He can run as a Washington DC outsider that the other GOP contenders can't. That includes Jeb Bush.

The VP candidate will no doubt be a women and Haley seems the choice right now although it could end up being the NM governor. BTW, I live in NJ and I'm not as big a fan of his as I used to be since he's turned more left. I just think that even with his conservative cred loss flaws, he's the only plausible one who could beat the Clinton machine.

Imo a bish Rubio richey it where it is at ... a lot of people will push Jeb including Romney and he can flaunt his Hispanic wife and kids and pick Rubio as VP and campaign as the moderate Repub and be seen as a bit of a here to the center on the primary.

Imo a Bush and Rubio is where it is at ... a lot of people will push Jeb including Romney and he can flaunt his Hispanic wife and kids and pick Rubio as VP and campaign as the moderate Repub and be seen as a bit of a hero to the center on the primary.

Imo a bish Rubio richey it where it is at ... a lot of people will push Jeb including Romney and he can flaunt his Hispanic wife and kids and pick Rubio as VP and campaign as the moderate Repub and be seen as a bit of a here to the center on the primary.

Imo a Bush and Rubio is where it is at ... a lot of people will push Jeb including Romney and he can flaunt his Hispanic wife and kids and pick Rubio as VP and campaign as the moderate Repub and be seen as a bit of a hero to the center on the primary.

Isn't it a little early to be drunk posting?

I think GW pretty much finished off any Bush's chance at the presidency for at least a generation, if not longer. otherwise, I'd agree.

I hope so. Since I've been eligible to vote, the presidents have been Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Obama-Obama.

I never want to see another Bush or Clinton in the White House in my lifetime. We may as well just rename them the Yorks and Lancasters if anyone from either family's elected again.

I hope so. Since I've been eligible to vote, the presidents have been Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Obama-Obama.

I never want to see another Bush or Clinton in the White House in my lifetime. We may as well just rename them the Yorks and Lancasters if anyone from either family's elected again.

Chelsea can run in after Jeb serves two terms.

Chelsea can run in after Jeb serves two terms.

Only after 8 years of Hillary

So Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Clinton

Then we got the Bush Twins, so there's 16 Years

Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush

By that time Obama's kids might be old enough to be President