Who will be the republican nominee for president in 2016?

major

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/316489-gop-anxiety-grows-over-georgia-senate-race

If Georgia is any indication, the GOP nomination fight will be as pathetic and fun as 2012 was! The Kooksville Express will be leaving the station! :w00t:

Recent polling shows the two candidates Republicans are most anxious about — Reps. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) and Paul Broun (R-Ga.) — leading the pack. Whoever emerges from the clown-car primary, with seven candidates and counting, will face a candidate Democrats are high on in a state where shifting demographics benefit their party.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more Bush. Ain't gonna happen. Shouldn't happen. My hope is that a principled, well presented and tough leader will emerge from somewhere not very visible at this moment.

Just make sure he/she doesn't own a horse.

Smartest Woman in the World Pays Tribute to ‘Medgar Evans’

(video at link)

Eh, what differences does it make. Evers, Evans? Who are we to judge? Question we don’t expect on the campaign trail: Mrs. Clinton, what about your gaffes? Obviously if a Republican botched his name it would be a clear sign of racism and the media would be all over it.

Smartest Woman in the World Pays Tribute to ‘Medgar Evans’

(video at link)

Eh, what differences does it make. Evers, Evans? Who are we to judge? Question we don’t expect on the campaign trail: Mrs. Clinton, what about your gaffes? Obviously if a Republican botched his name it would be a clear sign of racism and the media would be all over it.

couple oreders of magnitude below being in the "nucular" age for 8 years.

I know it's early but my sister asked me today who I think the republican nominee will be for president. I didn't have an immediate answer. I know Hillary is the dem's nominee; however, the republicans choice is truly up in the air. I've heard the following names thrown out there: jindal, Christie, rand Paul, Cruz, etc... What is your guess as to who their nominee will be? If Hillary doesn't run I could see 40 republicans running for the prize against Biden.

I have seen alot of Message Board posters, not here, claim Christie is really a Progressive Liberal.... so maybe he wil primary with Hillary?

Nothing like our Commander-In-Chief and "corpse man" though. Or 57 states. Or Hawaii is part of asia. Or "my Muslim faith" comment.

sure, he's made a regular pattern of making these same mistakes repeatedly. you're not seriously comparing bush' intellect to obama's are you? do you think someone, just once, pointed out to bush the correct way to pronounce nuclear? could he just not process it, is he dyslexic or just stupid? what other explanations are there?

My guess would be Christie.

that would be a hopeful sign for republicans getting back in the national game but i don't think christie will bend his principles to fit the far right ideals of that part of the party a la romney. if it happens though i'll be pleasantly surprised.

sure, he's made a regular pattern of making these same mistakes repeatedly. you're not seriously comparing bush' intellect to obama's are you? do you think someone, just once, pointed out to bush the correct way to pronounce nuclear? could he just not process it, is he dyslexic or just stupid? what other explanations are there?

that would be a hopeful sign for republicans getting back in the national game but i don't think christie will bend his principles to fit the far right ideals of that part of the party a la romney. if it happens though i'll be pleasantly surprised.

So, you think Obama's intellect is superior to Bush's, eh? Just what has Obama done to make you think that?

Your moral superiority certainly has room for a little flexibility if you think Christie should bend his principles to fit the far right's ideals.

So, you think Obama's intellect is superior to Bush's, eh? Just what has Obama done to make you think that?

Your moral superiority certainly has room for a little flexibility if you think Christie should bend his principles to fit the far right's ideals.

let's just look at one example: obama graduated magna cum laude from harvard law school. by most accounts, bush was an average and not very serious student, at best.

regarding the other issue, i'd rather see the far right support someone like christie as a compromise to achieve some of their objectives without forcing him to reinvent himself in order to win in the primaries. neither your scenario nor mine seem very likely.

let's just look at one example: obama graduated magna cum laude from harvard law school. by most accounts, bush was an average and not very serious student, at best.

regarding the other issue, i'd rather see the far right support someone like christie as a compromise to achieve some of their objectives without forcing him to reinvent himself in order to win in the primaries. neither your scenario nor mine seem very likely.

What has Obama done with that lofty academic accomplishment? C'mon now, what has Obama actually accomplished?

Actually, George W. Bush's IQ is estimated to be around 125, while President Obama's is estimated as around 135. Working within a reasonable margin of error, they could have exactly the same IQ.

Actually, George W. Bush's IQ is estimated to be around 125, while President Obama's is estimated as around 135. Working within a reasonable margin of error, they could have exactly the same IQ.

The standard deviation of an IQ is 15 points, so the standard error is about 4. That amounts to something like a 1% chance that Bush "actual IQ" is greater than or equal to Obama's.

So they COULD have exactly the same IQ...but it's roughly the same chance of BFBF understanding the math I just did.

what in the world is an estimated iq? they're fairly inexact measurements in the best circumstances but estimated?3rd obviously does not find winning a senate seat and the presidency impressive accomplishments despite the fact that politics are the ultimate goal of more than a few who enter the field of law. interestingly when i searched "academic accomplishments" of both men, obama's came up with lots of relevant hits. bush came up with an article in the weekly standard arguing that obama's class entering average on the SAT was lower than normal, thus bush may have scored as well or better. when this is the best you got, you're fighting a losing battle. but, hell, bush made many americans believe that the wars and 9/11 were connected so who knows...

what in the world is an estimated iq? they're fairly inexact measurements in the best circumstances but estimated?3rd obviously does not find winning a senate seat and the presidency impressive accomplishments despite the fact that politics are the ultimate goal of more than a few who enter the field of law. interestingly when i searched "academic accomplishments" of both men, obama's came up with lots of relevant hits. bush came up with an article in the weekly standard arguing that obama's class entering average on the SAT was lower than normal, thus bush may have scored as well or better. when this is the best you got, you're fighting a losing battle. but, hell, bush made many americans believe that the wars and 9/11 were connected so who knows...

Somehow I knew you would take this approach. So, with all this brain power what did Obama accomplish as a Senator and what has he accomplished as the President?

Somehow I knew you would take this approach. So, with all this brain power what did Obama accomplish as a Senator and what has he accomplished as the President?

are we not discussing relative intelligence? not that i cede your unrelated point, but there have been many brilliant people who i suspect wouldn't meet your accomplishment test for entrance.