Proof racial battles aren't "history" yet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, let's just ignore it here because it happens somewhere else also. :thumbdown:

Right. Looking at ALL the facts, and demanding better peformance and/or dumping what is clearly not working, in favor of something that might, and in all cases demanding that we stop repeating the same activity over and over while expecting different results and/or that we end "throw more money at it" idiocy?

Yeah, that = ignoring the issue. :rolleyes: So the choice is: either we keep doing stupid, or, "you are ignoring the problem". :rolleyes:

Nothing like a false choice argument:

1. To ensure that nothing ever gets done to fix these problems

2. Which ensures that leftists get to keep their precious "we are more racially sensitive, and therefore, are morally superior" laurels :rolleyes:

3. Which ensures that leftists can keep a permanent underclass, to derive votes, while at the same time never be held accountable for doing so...because...they are the "more moral" people, "just trying to help". :lol:

I wonder if the average African American gets up in the morning, goes out on their destroyed streets, in their crime-ridden neighborhood, with 13 year old gang members, rife with moral insanity, never mind corruption, and welfare supported junkies and drunks...

...and says to himself "where would we be without the last 50 years of LBJ Democrat's help?"

Perhaps he should ask himself: Was this ever about help for him, or, was it about power...for them?

The answer is: a society doesn't.

Individuals do. Example: When I hear somebody say something racist, because it's "safe" to, in an elevator of just white guys?

I have a choice. I can ignore it. I can say something like "hey I don't need to hear that". Or, I can laugh. The first 2 don't help me work-wise. Saying something may cost me. But, I'm not a pansy, so, I have said something, every single time, and that includes clients. I haven't been rude, obnoxious or judgemental. I've simply framed it as: "I'm not sure you saying that helps you professionally." If it's a personal setting, then it's "I'm not sure saying makes you the person you want to be". Yeah, it's a mind F. Good. As intended.

The answer here is: white racism is not a problem that is going to be solved by not white people. Does anybody really think that Al Shapton et al is going to make any sort of real difference, by calling for unrest and justifying violence?

No. If it is solved by anyone: It's going to be solved by white people, in the elevator, in the pisser, and in the backyard.

It's not going to be solved by Al Sharpton making sweeping genralizations or other black people on TV howling nonsense. All that does is make the next guy in the elevator say "why bother? If Al Sharpton is goning to call me a racist no matter what I do, then where's the upside for me?".

The reason Al Shapton et al do what they do? They aren't interested in "society going about completely eliminating it". It means more payoffs, more extortion from corporations, and more power for them.

Is a joke in an elevator really the manifestation of racism?

Is a joke in an elevator really the manifestation of racism?

When the joke is said right after a black fellow employee of that client guy leaves the elevator?

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: And we are on our way to a meeting to discuss how many employees my project may allow us to lay off?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

When the joke is said right after a black fellow employee of that client guy leaves the elevator?

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: And we are on our way to a meeting to discuss how many employees my project may allow us to lay off?

Depends on who said it and with what intention. I don't think its that simple as all racist jokes are bad. Either that or I couldn't be more bigoted. I think I've covered all the bases with offensive jokes, including those to which I belong.

The reason Al Shapton et al do what they do? They aren't interested in "society going about completely eliminating it". It means more payoffs, more extortion from corporations, and more power for them.

Yup. 'Racism' is big business. And the people who cry about it the loudest are the ones who are most vested in its continuation.

Depends on who said it and with what intention. I don't think its that simple as all racist jokes are bad. Either that or I couldn't be more bigoted. I think I've covered all the bases with offensive jokes, including those to which I belong.

There was no doubt as to either the intention or the context. I think that we should all ask ourselves if they are necessary, and leave the bad/good to those who are morally superior to us :lol: If I can make fun of my buddy lots of ways, why do I need race?

And yeah, I'd be lying if I said I never told a black friend a racist joke. The friend part of that sentence is more important than the joke part.

But, any grown up knows the difference.

Besides, making fun of entire groups is easy because it is mindless. I'd much rather make fun of individuals.

can't think of any other developed, 1st world nation that fought a civil war over slavery. so, in that shameful way, we're unique. and the scars and deep seated resentment are more obvious and closer to the surface here than in most other developed countries, imo. some group is hanging a 15 foot confederate flag to be clearly visible from the interstate in richmond. the proponents say it's about history and heritage but a spokesman for the naacp said it well: if they'd won, i'd be in chains. then there's rick perry's hunting lodge in texas, named "n$%%#@head". squirmed all over himself trying to make that one look benign. so, yeah, i'd say we're at least worse than average when it comes to racism.

can't think of any other developed, 1st world nation that fought a civil war over slavery. so, in that shameful way, we're unique. and the scars and deep seated resentment are more obvious and closer to the surface here than in most other developed countries, imo. some group is hanging a 15 foot confederate flag to be clearly visible from the interstate in richmond. the proponents say it's about history and heritage but a spokesman for the naacp said it well: if they'd won, i'd be in chains. then there's rick perry's hunting lodge in texas, named "n$%%#@head". squirmed all over himself trying to make that one look benign. so, yeah, i'd say we're at least worse than average when it comes to racism.

You make it sound like Republicans were responsible for slavery.

If you have $100 in your pocket I'd use it to buy a clue.

then there's rick perry's hunting lodge in texas, named "n$%%#@head". squirmed all over himself trying to make that one look benign.

This is false.

you look foolish repeating it.

Was I the only one that had the 'Truly Tasteless Joke Book' as a kid? Some of the sensitive Sallys around here would have an aneurysm if they read that one.

I remember finding a paperback copy of of a joke book called 'sick, sick, sick' among the stacks of books my father had accumulated. there was nothing racist in there, but it was full of some impressively insensitive stuff that, I must admit, was pretty funny.

How does and area that is called !@#$head where Perry and his family and friends hunt all of a sudden become his hunting lodge. Ok, so you don't have $100, maybe you can get a clue for $20. Start small.

he and his family leased it for years. did you read the article? maybe you should spend $20 on a GED.