Proof racial battles aren't "history" yet

it's a good example that i wasn't aware of til the show highlighted it. then i read about it. so what? not a talking point but an example and one including a fairly competitive candidate for president.

And your example was wrong.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, the "Civil War was only about slavery, and had nothing to do with larger economic issues" argument. :rolleyes:

Yes, and when the North started putting tariffs on English/French manufactured goods, in the hope that American manufacturing in the North would be able to catch up, thereby cutting into the South's profit margins, and making them buy inferior goods which would cost them productivity?

"Well, that has nothing to do with slavery, so...it never happened. It's not history. And even if it did happen? The South wouldn't have cared, because, they only wanted to fight a war about slavery".

:lol: The only revision going on here is: attempting to take everything, that doesn't have to do slavery, away from the history of that era.

EDIT: But, then, why should we expect those with advanced degrees in slavery, see anything other than slavery? It's like asking one of the Mac store tools to explain streaming video. Are they gonna say anything about Flash? "Flash? What's that? Does Flash even exist anymore?"

Edited by OCinBuffalo

At least no one bit on civil war being fought over slavery earlier. Hahahahhahah

sure, it was the war of northern aggression...i've had that said to me as if i was personally responsible. what the south did was treason. plain and simple. but i suppose in the name of liberty, that's ok. just depends on whose liberty one is speaking of.

sure, it was the war of northern aggression...i've had that said to me as if i was personally responsible. what the south did was treason. plain and simple. but i suppose in the name of liberty, that's ok. just depends on whose liberty one is speaking of.

Always does.

hmmm...doesn't that make the entire concept and basis of libertarianism relative and ill defined?

No, it's why the whole concept of libertarianism is marginalized. "Not giving a ****" is an unsettling concept to people who have windmills to tilt at.

No, it's why the whole concept of libertarianism is marginalized. "Not giving a ****" is an unsettling concept to people who have windmills to tilt at.

not giving a shite has been so successful as a philosophy, historically, don't ya know...marginalization appears predestined. Edited by birdog1960

not giving a shite has been so successful as a philosophy, historically, don't ya know...marginalization appears predestined.

Marginalize? :lol:

Dude, the Democratic party has been avoiding the Entitlement Reform issue, with gay marriage, Global Warming, race, health care, and everything else they can use as a temporary distraction. But, all of it had always had an expiration date. Those expiration dates have passed.

None of it, none...of...it, will ever get them off the FDR/LBJ = FAIL hook. Short term thinking then, short term thinking now. Over time, the "libertarian concept" approaches the inevitable. At some point you reach the end of the road, and hit a wall, and the can, can't be kicked, because when you kick it, it just comes back at you. Margaret Thatcher: "At some point you run out of other people's money".

I don't expect a hopeless dreamer like you to ever want to deal with this reality, but, soon you're going to have no choice. We can't just keep borrowing, and, we can't raise taxes any more. We have to get serious about spending, and, we have to get serious about punishing the bad behavior that has caused your ideas to fail. Period. That you never seem able to factor in bad behavior, BEFORE we go forward with one of your dopey ideas? It's a valid ?, but beside the point.

African Americans are still suffering from the cultural legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and discrimination. Centuries of the harshest racial tyranny imaginable can't be overcome in a few decades

And the Democrats are doing everything they can to ensure they can't be overcome at all. Cuz liberals like it when they got ya'll in chains.

African Americans are still suffering from the cultural legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and discrimination. Centuries of the harshest racial tyranny imaginable can't be overcome in a few decades can only be overcome by giving them more free ****.

Corrected to accurately show what you're really thinking.

African Americans are still suffering from the cultural legacy of slavery, Jim Crow and discrimination. Centuries of the harshest racial tyranny imaginable can't be overcome in a few decades

African Americans are suffering from the cultural legacy of the Emancipation Proclamation that dumped an illiterate, untrained work force into the streets and gave them only the choice of being bound to the landed aristocracy that enslaved them in the first place. "Slavery" didn't really end until around 1940, when mechanized farming practices started to supplant sharecropping.

African Americans are suffering from the cultural legacy of the Emancipation Proclamation that dumped an illiterate, untrained work force into the streets and gave them only the choice of being bound to the landed aristocracy that enslaved them in the first place. "Slavery" didn't really end until around 1940, when mechanized farming practices started to supplant sharecropping.

Why not take a swipe at the New Deal instead and point out how that landed aristocracy accepted federal dollars to cut cotton production and simply fired the the black sharecroppers? Ever hear of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union? The STFU!

how can we fix this and empower the blacks? If that's not what you're thinking. Share it. I have an hour to waste

I don't know how to fix a culture, do you?

Why not take a swipe at the New Deal instead and point out how that landed aristocracy accepted federal dollars to cut cotton production and simply fired the the black sharecroppers? Ever hear of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union? The STFU!

I don't know how to fix a culture, do you?

atop talking about race. Let the ignorance drown itself. Let the fools get no attention. If someone makes a stupid statement so be it and find something positive elsewhere.

Oh wait. That's how it goes on PPP. Too bad it can't be like that in real life. Let the MSM ignore Westville baptist. All. Jesse. The KKK.

Let the news report the news. Let the white house execute the law not legistlate it. Let the courts stand on principal and the constitution.

Did you completely miss the point I made that sharecropping was the PROBLEM created by the Emancipation Proclamation?