Brandon Moore signs with cowboys, then retires

Numark

@AdamSchefter

Brandon Moore could not bring himself to get on plane and leave his family. He informed Cowboys of decision this am.

@caplannfl

I'll add something to the Brandon Moore info: He really has saved his money well, set up well for the rest of his life. Not surprised.

FWIW - I am happy to see when guys have played it smart like Moore, and (at least from my external impressions) Marcellus Wiley, and Robert Smith. It's easy for us to berate guys for not loving the game, but a lot wiser to walk away when you still have health and wealth in hand. I hope he gets to enjoy his family and the fruits of his success.

@AdamSchefter

Brandon Moore could not bring himself to get on plane and leave his family. He informed Cowboys of decision this am.

@caplannfl

I'll add something to the Brandon Moore info: He really has saved his money well, set up well for the rest of his life. Not surprised.

I hope that latter tweet is true, it's always nice to see players do that instead of what they often do.

FWIW - I am happy to see when guys have played it smart like Moore, and (at least from my external impressions) Marcellus Wiley, and Robert Smith. It's easy for us to berate guys for not loving the game, but a lot wiser to walk away when you still have health and wealth in hand. I hope he gets to enjoy his family and the fruits of his success.

Although it is reported that he is retiring to devote his energies into a business venture that is both an carwash and a restaurant...

I can only imagine what Timma or Sully would say.

I can only imagine what Timma or Sully would say.

I'm sure they both had half of their hatchet pieces completed before the retirement announcement.

GO BILLS!!!