Is Buffalo not 'hip' or 'cool' enough for pro athletes

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be perfectly honest, Buffalo isn't the greatest place in the world for single guys over 25. That being said, A lot of people who live in Buffalo don't do the city any favors. For the most part, Buffalo has what other Colder weather cities have. It's super cheap, has a lot of features that a big city has, & you can raise a family quite well.

For sure, Buffalo isn't as great as it could be but I've never seen more buildings being built downtown. All my friends who come to visit love buffalo. As is the case with most things, your time in a place depends on the people you're with. You party with C.Biscuit, you would want to move to Buffalo. You party with Schoop, you are going to jump off the peace bridge.

Mike Schopp needs to be fired and shipped the hell outta WNY. Look the guy hates Buffalo, hates WNY in general and really hates the Bills. Why WGR keeps this assclown around is beyond me. Fire him and PAY him to move.

His BS is beyond unprofessional and old. WGR can surely hire someone who is at least objective.

To be perfectly honest, Buffalo isn't the greatest place in the world for single guys over 25. That being said, A lot of people who live in Buffalo don't do the city any favors. For the most part, Buffalo has what other Colder weather cities have. It's super cheap, has a lot of features that a big city has, & you can raise a family quite well.

For sure, Buffalo isn't as great as it could be but I've never seen more buildings being built downtown. All my friends who come to visit love buffalo. As is the case with most things, your time in a place depends on the people you're with. You party with C.Biscuit, you would want to move to Buffalo. You party with Schoop, you are going to jump off the peace bridge.

CB good call. God forbid Pro players NOT try to get in as much trouble as possible. I mean there are clubs to go to, you still have the 'Canadian Ballet' etc. For all the young punks (Marshawn) who hated Buffalo many who played here that didnt' think they would like it at all (Jim Kelly being #1) eneded up raising families here. I guess if you just wanna 'Make it rain up in here' then Buffalo isn't for you.

Mike Schopp needs to be fired and shipped the hell outta WNY. Look the guy hates Buffalo, hates WNY in general and really hates the Bills. Why WGR keeps this assclown around is beyond me. Fire him and PAY him to move.

His BS is beyond unprofessional and old. WGR can surely hire someone who is at least objective.

Completely disagree. Anytime you get a sports radio host in Buffalo that says he doesn't like football & would rather talk about tennis, you need to keep him at all costs. Plus, do you think radio hosts who get offended when callers ask how are you doing just grow on trees???

Completely disagree. Anytime you get a sports radio host in Buffalo that says he doesn't like football & would rather talk about tennis, you need to keep him at all costs. Plus, do you think radio hosts who get offended when callers ask how are you doing just grow on trees???

LOL good point

I miss Coach Dickerson...just sayin'

CB good call. God forbid Pro players NOT try to get in as much trouble as possible. I mean there are clubs to go to, you still have the 'Canadian Ballet' etc. For all the young punks (Marshawn) who hated Buffalo many who played here that didnt' think they would like it at all (Jim Kelly being #1) eneded up raising families here. I guess if you just wanna 'Make it rain up in here' then Buffalo isn't for you.

Very true. Honestly, if you need to be going out every night during the week during your 4 month job period, then I don't want you on my team.

And as you stated, plenty if players come here & make a good time. Say what you want to be about Lynch, but he actually had a lot of fun in buffalo. It almost cost him his career. And there are plenty of Eastern European Canadian ballet dancers for players.

I will say that Buffalo does need to become a little more open minded. We are still a little too blue collar & segregated for my tastes at times. I've spend time in Charlotte & I would like to see Buffalo become a little more like that. But Buffalo is an amazing place & there's zero reason it can't be like Pittsburgh, which has experienced a huge rebirth in the past 30 years.

LOL good point

I miss Coach Dickerson...just sayin'

Wasn't a big coach fan. "He's been fired more times than a civil war cannon." Roast master Marv Levy

I do think John Murphy, Coach Sal & joe Buscaglia are very good. But having a stuck up snob like Schoop as your prime time guy kills me.

I Can't disagree with you CB. The only thing I don't like about Charlotte is most of the fans at BOA stadium are very white collar. The place never completely sells out and hell they have like a phone number to call if you feel a fan is cheering too loud or some crap to have security come get them.

But yeah, I think Charlotte from a football stand point and Buffalo from an overall culture stand point need to change up some.

I Can't disagree with you CB. The only thing I don't like about Charlotte is most of the fans at BOA stadium are very white collar. The place never completely sells out and hell they have like a phone number to call if you feel a fan is cheering too loud or some crap to have security come get them.

But yeah, I think Charlotte from a football stand point and Buffalo from an overall culture stand point need to change up some.

Oh no doubt. Charlotte can't come close to our passion. I see almost as many Bills' jerseys as Panthers ones. I just think as an overall city they are more forward thinking & diverse. It's really interesting to see.

There are so many great resources in Buffalo that go to waste because of old school thinking. But no matter where I go, no one will ever be more proud than I am to be from Buffalo. Very few cities in the world have more pride than Buffalo.

Oh no doubt. Charlotte can't come close to our passion. I see almost as many Bills' jerseys as Panthers ones. I just think as an overall city they are more forward thinking & diverse. It's really interesting to see.

There are so many great resources in Buffalo that go to waste because of old school thinking. But no matter where I go, no one will ever be more proud than I am to be from Buffalo. Very few cities in the world have more pride than Buffalo.

I live in Charlotte and can attest to how bad the football culture is here. On any given Sunday, there are Bills fans tailgating in lots. To go watch the Bills game at a Bills bar. I realize the Panthers are less than 20 years old and most fans are still Redskins fans from way back when, but it's kind of sad.

I get what he's saying to some degree, but if you have a winning team players will come.

The 90's Bills had no trouble luring players in. Back then the Patriots were so terrible that nobody wanted anything to do with them.

Boston was still Boston. Buffalo was still Buffalo. Most players want to make money and win, and everything else is a distant third.

If you have millions of dollars you can find fun things to occupy your time anywhere.

Article by Mike Schopp:

http://www.wgr550.co...-there/16997442

Build a winning franchise with your draft picks and then they will come. For the Bills, yet one more reason why their failure to expend draft resources on QB's has been mind numbing. Where would the Green Bay Paykers have been the last 20 years without Favre and Rodgers? They'd be the same place they were in the 70's and 80's. Mostly shitsville. You think anyone wants to move to Green Bay? Yet they win Super Bowls. Why this still comes up, I do not know. There was no team that partied harder than the Super Bowl Bills and they loved it here.

Ya know what makes Buffalo not "hip" or "cool" enough for professional athletes? The fact that even people that live in Buffalo talk bad about Buffalo. Like they have no love for their city. Maybe if the people that lived here had a little more respect for their city, the good word would actually spread a little more. The amount of things that were going on in that article he claims go on here too. Fireworks at Pilot Field on Friday nights. We just had a big concert at the arena. There's been concerts like crazy at Darien Lake. Sporting events, etc... Some people just like to complain.

During my great mid atlantic / NE tour this year, I spent a bit of time in Baltimore, including a "scenic" drive shortcut through town. I think my Ravens shirt was the only thing that kept me from getting murdered. Outside the inner harbor that city is pretty horrid until you get to the 'burbs. They don't seem to have problems attracting talent.