Buffalo Bills have former Alabama S B.J. Scott in for a workout today

Sounds like the safeties ain't getting it done in camp.

Byrdometer goes up 2 points.

GO BILLS!!!

No. I would trade his ass the first chance I get. Safteys are needed but NOT to the tune of the money Byrd wants. NO safety is worth that type of jack period. Look get through this season and draft a damn good one next year. Trade Byrd while you can get something for him.

Everything is fine. Prob someone to compete while Duke is resting. Who knows, a diamond in the rough? Bills have a knack for finding them (Fred Jackson). As mentioned above, Byrd is great, but not worth what he is asking. He comes in, try to trade him for a 1st rounder, draft the top safety available. We will know more for sure after Sunday's game.

He has had several workouts, and was on Montreal Allouettes. His forty will hurt him, but the kid is a great athlete. You cannot teach intelligence

True I guess but both Speed and Intelligence can be developed. Which brings up this; how is our Buffalo boy Roosevelt doing, anyone hear yet?

B.J. has been staying with Marcell Dareus for the past two weeks. The Bills have had him on stand by. They told him make sure he had a suit and is ready. That sounds like pretty good news. I don't know how bad Duke's injury is, but this is the week we play. So it could mean good news for the former Crimson Tide Safety

B.J. has been staying with Marcell Dareus for the past two weeks. The Bills have had him on stand by. They told him make sure he had a suit and is ready. That sounds like pretty good news. I don't know how bad Duke's injury is, but this is the week we play. So it could mean good news for the former Crimson Tide Safety

this sounds like a few players are nicked up and they need people that are willing to run around in the heat in the meantime.

No. I would trade his ass the first chance I get. Safteys are needed but NOT to the tune of the money Byrd wants. NO safety is worth that type of jack period. Look get through this season and draft a damn good one next year. Trade Byrd while you can get something for him.

It would be difficult to trade Byrd at this point, but I'm with you. I have no respect for these types of players. The worst thing about this is, Byrd is good, NOT great. He is no Reed or Polamalu, he just thinks he is. Not worth the hassle.

For the record I believe that Byrd will eventually report (he doesn't get paid otherwise, obviously something very important to him). He will play this year (whether he starts right away after missing training camp is another story). And then the whole saga will continue next year.

Aren't the bolded contradictory?

No, he is saying that signing BJ is at once pressure on Byrd to get into camp and the signing also indicates to Meeks that he isn't getting the job done (puts pressure on him as well). Certainly the fact that Meeks is not doing well also could be encouraging for Byrd, but the signing is also indication the Bills aren't going to wait around and hope Byrd decides to show up.

No Saint, most teams will tell players that they have worked out before to stay around. B.J. has been living with Dareus and actually sitting and learning the playbook. That is good for him, because he should be getting the call

Yup - he was essentially our 91st body - non practicing unpaid and free to sign elsewhere. Good for him he got the call but truly just a camp body

Kudos to Bills for continuing the search for good football players.

There are other Fred Jackson/Arian Foster/Jason Peters out there.

Sometimes players drive and passion can overcome whatever limitations allowed them to be initially dismissed/overlooked.

Wondering why Williams is SS while Searcey is FS...,

No, he is saying that signing BJ is at once pressure on Byrd to get into camp and the signing also indicates to Meeks that he isn't getting the job done (puts pressure on him as well). Certainly the fact that Meeks is not doing well also could be encouraging for Byrd, but the signing is also indication the Bills aren't going to wait around and hope Byrd decides to show up.

Do you honestly feel that there's now more pressure on Byrd to get back in camp if the Bills sign a street free agent?

FYI, Scott did not start for the Crimson Tide - he transferred & played for USA (Univ of S Alabama), which is not the Crimson Tide

Sounds like the safeties ain't getting it done in camp.

Byrdometer goes up 2 points.

GO BILLS!!!

aww shoot ! that damnable Byrdometer !

Actually Duke was injured, so it might just be a back up plan to let him rest.

stop with that attitude of yours. all sensible and whatnot

So the Bills are being intelligent about this Burd matter ? is that what you are saying ?

meeks might be PS material at his pick anyhoo. to develop maybe /

BuffaninATL, I know that, he was a former Crimson Tide Safety. It didn't say former Crimson Tide Starting Safety

whatever. I did not say or imply you indicated he was a starting S at Alabama, but you completely overlooked he transferred to a lesser program at USA, which may lead one to believe he was only a player at U of A, one of the most storied programs in the country.