Look who made the front page at imgur today:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to those that have served and have been offended by the capitalization of the title and name Marine(s), this thread really go out of hand quickly.

It seems that the Marine that was in the video didnt have the same respect for himself or his unit when he went off the handle in a full football stadium.

Not that it's a bad thing. I've been through state training academy and my Drill was was/is a Marine. He never got out of control like this. Was all business all the time unless it was just a one on one type of situation.

At the same time I was a Drill at Willard Shock Camp and there were many former/current Marines that I worked with. Some were all business, and some were just absolutely batchit crazy. I guess it all depends on the person. But let's not go on thinking that everyone is a robot. The Marine in question is a human being, probably a football fan, and probably a fan of his team. Maybe Goodwin was about to do something disrespectful, maybe he wasn't. I personally don't feel the Marine was out of control, but I can see how some might. At the same time, I can see it the other way too.

I feel like I'm just rambling now. I'll just shut up and get flamed by all the Marines in here.

Thank you all for your service

****Salute****

Please capitalize the m in Marine, it may not seem like a big deal but it is for us who served.

<_<

So basically... this guy has self-esteem issues. Or entitlement issues. Or something like that. Definitely a Marine.

With all due respect to those that have served and have been offended by the capitalization of the title and name Marine(s), this thread really go out of hand quickly.

It seems that the Marine that was in the video didnt have the same respect for himself or his unit when he went off the handle in a full football stadium.

Not that it's a bad thing. I've been through state training academy and my Drill was was/is a Marine. He never got out of control like this. Was all business all the time unless it was just a one on one type of situation.

At the same time I was a Drill at Willard Shock Camp and there were many former/current Marines that I worked with. Some were all business, and some were just absolutely batchit crazy. I guess it all depends on the person. But let's not go on thinking that everyone is a robot. The Marine in question is a human being, probably a football fan, and probably a fan of his team. Maybe Goodwin was about to do something disrespectful, maybe he wasn't. I personally don't feel the Marine was out of control, but I can see how some might. At the same time, I can see it the other way too.

I feel like I'm just rambling now. I'll just shut up and get flamed by all the Marines in here.

Thank you all for your service

****Salute****

We fight for your right to express your opinion so no hate coming from here.

<_<

What's your point?

What's your point?

Just please answer me this: if Marines are such strong people and so proud, then why does a letter get under their skin so much? Are you sensitive or are you strong? You can't be both.

you too, i thought better. Every American should respect our armed sevices all the way back to General George Washington for putting the concept of democracy and freedom from oppressive tyrant nations first before their own lives. just the individual sacrifices alone should be enough to overcome any misconceptions folks may have these days about right and wrong

I think actual history has taken a backseat to you tube videos and twitter : )

So I'm assuming you're not a Christian. Or maybe you are some sort of strange branch of Christian that sees yourself and your comrades as being above God?

(For the record, I'm an atheist, so I'm not offended that this gentlemen put himself and other marines above Christianity's God, I'm just pointing out the potential contradiction).

Just please answer me this: if Marines are such strong people and so proud, then why does a letter get under their skin so much? Are you sensitive or are you strong? You can't be both.

It doesn't get under our skin, I made a request to respect a capitalization. People could ignore it they wished, if you haven't served you would not understand.

When this happened there were two theories, one that Goodwin tried to salute the Marine and the Marine yelled at him because he is not in the service and should not be saluting.

That's my take on it.

PS - Thanks for your service, Marine!

Another day, another Bills-related Internet find!

THIS TIME FROM BUZZFEED (#3)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/fans-who-have-no-idea-what-the-damn-score-is

Keeping it classy in the B-Lo!

Was just looking at that myself. I don't believe that was taken in Buffalo though. It is a Bills fan, but it's in the upper deck, they don't have benches though, and the seats are grey in color. I was thinking Met Life maybe?

Was just looking at that myself. I don't believe that was taken in Buffalo though. It is a Bills fan, but it's in the upper deck, they don't have benches though, and the seats are grey in color. I was thinking Met Life maybe?

San Diego:

Language NSFW

hahaha thtas hilarious... that marine got showed up..... mmmmmmmarine

88, you should be ashamed of yourself. God bless the Marines and any Service Member who VOLUNTEERED to fight and die for your freedom to do things like mock them on the internet. Get down and give your country 20. SMH

Where was the game played? Texas was in their road whites. The Marine was probably rooting for the opponent (Texas Tech?) and when Goodwin gave the Shhhh sign, the Marine would have none of it.

Just my theory.

Did you catch the Trooper's reaction - behind the Marine - near the end of the clip - he's starting to crack-up! Funny!

88, you should be ashamed of yourself. God bless the Marines and any Service Member who VOLUNTEERED to fight and die for your freedom to do things like mock them on the internet. Get down and give your country 20. SMH

He was obviously trolling so who cares. Far too many people have shown their appreciation for me and my fellow Service Members to get worked up over one guy. Thanks for having our backs though, makes it much easier with the support of our fellow Americans.

Where was the game played? Texas was in their road whites. The Marine was probably rooting for the opponent (Texas Tech?) and when Goodwin gave the Shhhh sign, the Marine would have none of it.

Just my theory.

Did you catch the Trooper's reaction - behind the Marine - near the end of the clip - he's starting to crack-up! Funny!

This is my theory as well.

Just my theory.

Game was Texas @ Ole Miss - 2012, in Oxford, MS.

It doesn't get under our skin, I made a request to respect a capitalization. People could ignore it they wished, if you haven't served you would not understand.

You're on an NFL message board. Have you played in the NFL? If not, you wouldn't understand and shouldn't comment on the NFL.

When this happened there were two theories, one that Goodwin tried to salute the Marine and the Marine yelled at him because he is not in the service and should not be saluting. Option two is that Goodwin helped his finger to his lips and then got yelled at. The video is great but I think it loses its effect if you have never felt the wrath and heard the scream of a pissed of GySgt.

I don't know about you're "he shouldn't salute, because he didn't serve" theroy. I've always been greatful of any appreciation given to me in uniform. And any salute given by any civilian I have always returned. Remember, we work FOR the great people of our country. Don't put you're self on a pedestal.

Sua sponte

I think Sarge was lucky that was Goodwin, who seems to be a respectful and a genuinely nice guy. There are those who might have been more willing to put Sarge on his azzzz for getting in the way.

Sarge?! There are no "Sarge's" in the Marines. The Marine in his dress blue uniform is a Gunnery Sergeant or "Gunny." Sarge's are in the army.

I don't know about you're "he shouldn't salute, because he didn't serve" theroy. I've always been greatful of any appreciation given to me in uniform. And any salute given by any civilian I have always returned. Remember, we work FOR the great people of our country. Don't put you're self on a pedestal.

Sua sponte

If you're an enlisted member of the military, you only salute Officers, Warrant Officers, or out of respect to recipients of the Purple Heart (meaning you got shot or wounded in combat) which is why the Marine Gunnery Sergeant was yelling "NO!!!" I appreciate the respect Goodwin was trying to show, but he was out of place.

Edited by Jerry Jabber