Look who made the front page at imgur today:

You're on an NFL message board. Have you played in the NFL? If not, you wouldn't understand and shouldn't comment on the NFL.

Huh?

Edit: Nevermind, you seem to be a troll of sorts so I won't be responding.

I don't know about you're "he shouldn't salute, because he didn't serve" theroy. I've always been greatful of any appreciation given to me in uniform. And any salute given by any civilian I have always returned. Remember, we work FOR the great people of our country. Don't put you're self on a pedestal.

Sua sponte

Did you read all the comment I have left in this thread? I have stated a couple times that I have received more than enough respect for my service than I ever thought I would.

Edited by NDBUFFCUSEFAN

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarge?! There are no "Sarge's" in the Marines. The Marine in his dress blue uniform is a Gunnery Sergeant or "Gunny." Sarge's are in the army.

You only salute Officers, Warrant Officers, or out of respect to recipients of the Purple Heart (meaning you got shot or wounded in combat) which is why the Marine Gunnery Sergeant was yelling "NO!!!"

Not purple hearts, the congressional medal of honor.

That being said, you cant apply military regulations when dealing with a ten year old at the gas station, or football players on the field. I enlisted to serve. And it was of my own accord. I don't care if civilians don't understand military regulations. I understand civilians.

The intent of the salute by civilians to service members is ment to honor them. Personaly, I'm greatful.

Huh?

Edit: Nevermind, you seem to be a troll of sorts so I won't be responding.

Did you read all the comment I have left in this thread? I have stated a couple times that I have received more than enough respect for my service than I ever thought I would.

but you can't choose how people try to show there respect. I didn't imply you have been disrespected, or haven't received enough. Just that if they coose to salute you, will you correct them? Or tell them its inappropriate? That's all.

Not purple hearts, the congressional medal of honor.

That being said, you cant apply military regulations when dealing with a ten year old at the gas station, or football players on the field. I enlisted to serve. And it was of my own accord. I don't care if civilians don't understand military regulations. I understand civilians.

The intent of the salute by civilians to service members is ment to honor them. Personaly, I'm greatful.

but you can't choose how people try to show there respect. I didn't imply you have been disrespected, or haven't received enough. Just that if they coose to salute you, will you correct them? Or tell them its inappropriate? That's all.

Our D.I.'s said we should salute purple heart recipients out of respect, which I always did. Which branch of service were you in? I was in the Marines for 8 1/2 years until I tore my foot & ankle up.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I don't find the gif funny what so ever. It would be a lot better if Goodwin threw the ball at the guys feet, and maybe see the marine flip out like a baby lol. Nothing funny about a dudes ego so high he has to get in the face of an entertainer/athlete to show him up. Really dumb of that marine. Upper case lol. Does it matter.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Our D.I.'s said we should salute purple heart recipients out of respect, which I always did (especially since my grandpa got shot in WWII). Which branch of service were you in? I was in the Marines for 8 1/2 years until I tore my foot & ankle up.

I could be wrong about the purple heart.

Im in the ARMY. 9 years now.

Always loved Marine pilots.... You can talk them into flying sooooo low.... Lol

Basically all the males in my family have served dating back to the civil war. My Great, Great, Great Grandfather and his two brothers served in the N.Y. Volunteer Infantry.

Nothing finer than family's of service. Thanks to you, and yours sir.

Edited by JaxBills

I could be wrong about the purple heart.

Im in the ARMY. 9 years now.

Basically all the males in my family have served dating back to the civil war. My Great, Great, Great Grandfather and his two brothers served in the N.Y. Volunteer Infantry.

Thanks to both of you for serving.

Always loved Marine pilots.... You can talk them into flying sooooo low.... Lol

Nothing finer than family's of service. Thanks to you, and yours sir.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Likewise, thanks to you & your family for your service.

lol, I like the active duty version.

My dad was in the Navy and bust my chops about being a Marine, so my favorite line to guys that have been in the navy is "So you were in the navy, but you're out now? That makes you a discharged seaman!!" (Sounds better when you say it aloud).