Tonight's Scrimmage (8/5)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wanny underachieved as much as many of us suspect, our first team D may end up hurting a lot of peeps this year. Pettine doesn't play.

Go ahead and say what you will about EJ not looking good, but he's only made one pass this entire scrimmage. Sure, that pass had the WORST POSSIBLE result, but it's still one throw.

So don't act like you're doing any scouting here. He made a bad pass and then hasn't touched the field since. Unless you're digging really deep to dissect his handoffs.

Take it easy. he's just reporting what he sees

I guess the thing I'm looking for is how he's reading the defense. Could he have read a blitz and audibled out of one of those runs, for instance?

So you're expecting a rookie QB to have full control of audibles in his first two snaps of live professional ball ever? Okay. How many superbowls do you expect him to win this year?

Yes, to the people not here, EJ is playing with 2nd and 3rds. But the fact remains that he's not looking good. Just giving everyone as much as I can type on my phone while I watch this.

Hopefully it's a rookie in his first meaningful snaps struggling against an improved & aggressive defense. It also probably would help to have our 2 best offensive playmakers.

Still if EJ doesn't improve by the 2nd preseason game, admit the mistake, cut him, & move on.

Hopefully it's a rookie in his first meaningful snaps struggling against an improved & aggressive defense. It also probably would help to have our 2 best offensive playmakers.

Still if EJ doesn't improve by the 2nd preseason game, admit the mistake, cut him, & move on.

Cut him now. I've heard enough.

Tuel back in now. Rogers to his left. Run up the middle to 42 for over 20

Tuel over the middle to smith. Too high. If Byrd was there it would have been a pick off the deflect.

Throw to right to 87. Another 1st down.

Run up the middle for a few.

42 up the middle again. A few more yards.

They are on the far side of the field now. Hard to see.another run slightly to the left for some more yards.

Tuel with a high snap and keeper. No gain

42 over the middle for a few yards.

5 on the FG