Mario's contract is basically a 2 year deal

With the teams having an option on the balance, so if he doesn't perform this year he's gone.

Given the $10.6 million roster bonus due in 2014, it’s a two-year, $40 million contract with a team-held option on the final four years. More accurately, it’s a two-year contract with a one-year-at-a-time decision by the team as to whether it continues.

While it’s a significant risk in the short term, the Bills can walk away if it doesn’t work out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/breaking-down-the-mario-williams-deal/

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the teams having an option on the balance, so if he doesn't perform this year he's gone.

http://profootballta...-williams-deal/

That is your own conclusion and opinion. What is your point posting this old news? Mario is injured? The team could save some money?? WTF are you Ralph?

HE HAD A TEN SACK YEAR ON THE CRAPPIEST D WE PRETTY MUCH HAVE EVER SEEN IN BILLS HISTORY. HE WAS ALSO INJURED AND THE D WAS SO TRANSPARENT A ROOKIE QB COULD SEE RIGHT THROUGH IT LIKE CLEAN WATER. I hate this agenda as you might guess and you sir are a troll i.e. "Oh no Byrd is missing OTAS!". Which BTW incase you haven't figured it out makes it sound like you value Byrd over Mario, so what is it you want to sign Byrd and cut Mario?

Edited by bowery4

I think he sticks with the team for at least a couple more years. He is our best pass rusher, and I don't see him getting cut until they find someone to replace him.

Where do you get the idea he is our best pass rusher. I think we will see he is not the sac leader this year and he will use the excuse he is double teamed etc. Bruce was doubled every play..and he was the leader each year...he was a leader.

Where do you get the idea he is our best pass rusher. I think we will see he is not the sac leader this year and he will use the excuse he is double teamed etc. Bruce was doubled every play..and he was the leader each year...he was a leader.

I think, what you're missing here, teams have to gamplan for him. It doesn't matter how pedestrian (if 10 sacks is pedestrian) he was last year. Teams still have to know where he is on the field at all times. As a defense, you want to dictate, and Mario only helps a defense do that.

There's no doubt Mario has to be productive this year, so it's not like he's sitting back collecting on a long, locked in contract. I think he can be great, but I'd like to think if he becomes average at best, Whaley should have the good sense to restructure his contract at the very least...

Its obvious that you are not a Mario fan (you were one of the handful who originally voted to trade Mario for Skelton). But this is getting ridiculous. Who would be our best pass rusher this year if not Mario?

don't see him around here long with nagging injuries, average performance and huge contract.

That's our choice & not Mario's, that's my point. I'd love to see him healthy & performing but if he's not, he will be traded or at worst case scenario cut. This contract will keep Mario on his toes & if he can't play on his toes, he's gone.

He puts the most pressure on the opposition's QB, and he gets the most sacks.

If your standard of a pass rusher is Bruce Smith, then you're going to be very disappointed with 99.99999999999999% of the pass rushers that enter the league.

Seriously though, WTF is wrong with the people that want to run Mario out of town?

You all have deep seeded personal issue you need to resolve.

It is OK if people make money and are well payed, you don't have to hate them.