EJ has the "IT" factor

On Monday, in his second training camp practice, he looked spectacular. His passes shot downfield like accurate lasers into the hands of speeding receivers. It was, of course, just a practice and one very early in camp but the glimpse gave an idea of just how fast this offense can be when he becomes the quarterback of the future.

He wasn't as good in Sunday night's opening practice but he took his mistakes and corrected them. This is how he measures progress: by making sure he doesn't repeat the errors of the previous day. If he keeps doing that day after day, week after week, he figures he will get better quickly, which is what the Bills want to see.

Just an FYI. According to WGR, and confirmed by Doug Marrone, Kolb has received tougher defensive packages than EJ so far. More blitzes, etc...

I agree that EJ has IT. But we need to curb our excitement for now.

Marrone apparent said EJ will start to get ramped up shortly.

No link, they were talking about it on WGR between 600 and 620am.

I agree though, he looksuch better than your average rookie. And I still think he wins outright by the end of pre season.

On Monday, in his second training camp practice, he looked spectacular. His passes shot downfield like accurate lasers into the hands of speeding receivers. It was, of course, just a practice and one very early in camp but the glimpse gave an idea of just how fast this offense can be when he becomes the quarterback of the future.

He wasn't as good in Sunday night's opening practice but he took his mistakes and corrected them. This is how he measures progress: by making sure he doesn't repeat the errors of the previous day. If he keeps doing that day after day, week after week, he figures he will get better quickly, which is what the Bills want to see.

I am more optimistic now than I have been in a long time that the Bills may have found their guy. It just looks like he has "it". That being said, I hope they don't rush him either.

The IT factor will be shown when he actually plays some regular season games. I'd love to see IT . IT is defined as actually finishing a game with more points than the other team. Zip on passes and strong arm? JP Losman. Get out there and win the f-ing division.

That gave me a semi. Please Peter Pan out, EJ. Please.

We all thought Trentative might have had "it" for a little while there, but it turned out he was far more Peter Pan than we needed. Fitz showed a hint of "it" here and there, but ultimately led us nowhere.

You just never know "it" until you know it with QBs, and the only shortcut in knowing "it" is putting up W's in big games (ex: Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Kaepernick, et al). But lately, I do catch myself envisioning the day when EJ Manuel's #3 jersey is one of the hottest sellers in the entire league. And if that day ever comes, it probably will also mean that Spiller's #28 will be right up there with him.

CJ showed that "it" factor in his first preseason game when he did a shake and bake at the LOS & froze an unblocked Robert Mathis dead in his tracks. I think it was the first ever Toronto affair, and (then) #21 outran him to the left sideline and took it about 45 yards to the house. It was all Spiller, a true "holy sh*t, what a run" kind of play that not many other backs can even make. I would subjectively say that Mathis would probably have Frank Corral-ed 98% of RBs who took that handoff.

I sure hope EJ makes some similarly awesome plays this preseason!

The IT factor will be shown when he actually plays some regular season games. I'd love to see IT . IT is defined as actually finishing a game with more points than the other team. Zip on passes and strong arm? JP Losman. Get out there and win the f-ing division.

I think the point was, their are plenty of guys who have an arm ( JP Losman ). Not a lot of guys command the respect of a room when they walk in. ( EJ ).

This is also coming from guys like Urbik.

I think the point was, their are plenty of guys who have an arm ( JP Losman ). Not a lot of guys command the respect of a room when they walk in. ( EJ ).

This is also coming from guys like Urbik.

That is the major point. I have good authority that Losman only had one guy on the team that even spoke to him (Evans). I don't see anyone breaking Manuel's leg because they don't like him.

The league is filled with busts who have all the physical skills but lack leadership. Jeff George, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Jay Cutler (overrated douche who's been to the playoffs once). Manuel has both. Doesn't mean he will succeed but he won't fail because his teammates don't believe in him.

Michael Jordan had the "IT" factor.........

Look I'm excited as the next guy about the potential EJ has but the guy hasn't even played in a preseason game yet. We won't know if he really has the true "IT" factor that Buffalo has been lacking since the Jim Kelly days until he has to deal with adversity in real game situations. The "IT" factor is thrown around too much nowadays, there are so many amazing athletes in the NFL but only a small percentage of them have the true "IT" factor. I would be estatic if he does though, but we need to give it some time. No matter how calm, cool or confident he looks in Training Camp there is nothing that he can do in camp that will truly show what he is made of until its gametime

So much cold water being thrown in this thread. It's the third day of practice ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29VsG35DQM ), no one on here thinks EJ can prove himself legit in just three practices but come on. Step your fan game up.

EJ may or may not be the guy, but right now he's hope. That's what this time of year is all about.

We all thought Trentative might have had "it" for a little while there, but it turned out he was far more Peter Pan than we needed. Fitz showed a hint of "it" here and there, but ultimately led us nowhere.

You just never know "it" until you know it with QBs, and the only shortcut in knowing "it" is putting up W's in big games (ex: Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Kaepernick, et al). But lately, I do catch myself envisioning the day when EJ Manuel's #3 jersey is one of the hottest sellers in the entire league. And if that day ever comes, it probably will also mean that Spiller's #28 will be right up there with him.

CJ showed that "it" factor in his first preseason game when he did a shake and bake at the LOS & froze an unblocked Robert Mathis dead in his tracks. I think it was the first ever Toronto affair, and (then) #21 outran him to the left sideline and took it about 45 yards to the house. It was all Spiller, a true "holy sh*t, what a run" kind of play that not many other backs can even make. I would subjectively say that Mathis would probably have Frank Corral-ed 98% of RBs who took that handoff.

I sure hope EJ makes some similarly awesome plays this preseason!

Fitz forgot more about "it" in one season than Trent ever had in his whole career IMO. He simply lacked the arm.