Two Teams Moving to LA?

Jerry Jones says not one, but two, current NFL teams could be moving to LA in the near future.

"The owners don't mess much up ... but we haven't gotten this one right. There's people, there's locations, there are people that are interested, a lot of people that can help us put this thing together. And as it turns out that we have at least two teams ... that could move to this area... There won't be any expansion,so it will be teams that move."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220639/article/jerry-jones-two-nfl-teams-could-move-to-los-angeles

Any guesses which two he's talking about?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Jones says not one, but two, current NFL teams could be moving to LA in the near future.

"The owners don't mess much up ... but we haven't gotten this one right. There's people, there's locations, there are people that are interested, a lot of people that can help us put this thing together. And as it turns out that we have at least two teams ... that could move to this area... There won't be any expansion,so it will be teams that move."

http://www.nfl.com/n...-to-los-angeles

Any guesses which two he's talking about?

San Diego and St. Louis

San Diego and St. Louis

Well, they both (Chargers & Rams) played there at one time..

I know we live in constant fear of possible relocation at sometime in the future, but, like the Vikings, I just don't see original teams moving, as long as they're viable. Yes, Modell and Irsay Sr did, and they're rotting in hell because of it. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Well, they both (Chargers & Rams) played there at one time..

I know we live in constant fear of possible relocation at sometime in the future, but, like the Vikings, I just don't see original teams moving, as long as they're viable. Yes, Modell and Irsay Sr did, and they're rotting in hell because of it. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

I hear ya, fear the same and hope the same.

BTW, the two oldest franchises to move after staying put in one place are the New York Giants (74 years, 1883-1957) and the Brooklyn Dodgers (67 years, 1890-1957)...I really don't want to see the Bills third on the list at 60 years, or so.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The first 7 years of this lease (think that it's 7) is key. The closer that we get to that 7 year mark the scarier it will become if a new stadium isn't under construction. No one is going to but this team in the next couple of years with the intent to move them because the cost to do so is too great. I think that it drops to like $28M in year 7 which can be made up in a year in certain markets. The best thing for the franchise's future in WNY would be to sell the team ASAP.

Like Detroit and the Red Wings new $650 million Arena that was just approved?

$450 million in tax money to create 400 permanent jobs. Detroit and all of Michigan shoudl be forced on Canada. There is no one in that state smart enough to run it.

$450 million in tax money to create 400 permanent jobs. Detroit and all of Michigan shoudl be forced on Canada. There is no one in that state smart enough to run it.

We don't want to take your trash, It would have to be a fair trade

We will give you permanent ownership of Justin Beiber and take Michigan off your hands. But if we take Michigan, their sports teams and team history belong to Canada. That should finally shut up all the ones whinning about howthe cup has to be won by Canadian teams...........

The first 7 years of this lease (think that it's 7) is key. The closer that we get to that 7 year mark the scarier it will become if a new stadium isn't under construction. No one is going to but this team in the next couple of years with the intent to move them because the cost to do so is too great. I think that it drops to like $28M in year 7 which can be made up in a year in certain markets. The best thing for the franchise's future in WNY would be to sell the team ASAP.

What KJ said...great big gobs of what KJ said above.

I have a hard time taking anything Jerry Jones says seriously. He could say the sky is blue and I'd have to go outside and check.

Yeah, sorta like when he said firing Chan Gailey was his biggest mistake. But plenty here touted that as gospel for (3) years.

I may be in the minority, but I don't think the stadium lease has much impact on the Bills staying or leaving the area. Whatever group buys the team is going to look at the long, not short, term financial picture. If they need to pony up a big pile of cash to move the team, they will if it makes long term sense. They will be spending 800 million-ish dollars to buy the team, adding some more initial cost won't matter that much. People that deal in those kinds of investments do not look short term. If it makes long term sense to stay in WNY they will, otherwise they will go. Stressing about something you have no control over makes the least sense of all. We will know when we know.

Edited by CodeMonkey