Obamanomics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when you have to clean up Bush's mess of an economy, things like this will happen. I see Ford's stock is up 70% this year though! Good job Mr. President!

and Ford didn't even take a government bailout....somehow, they managed to recover on their own!

and Ford didn't even take a government bailout....somehow, they managed to recover on their own!

Thanks for exposing my trap.

BTW, this post is dedicated to Gugny, who threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't dedicate it to him.

Ut oh! Did I go off script? How's this, everything bad in the world is Obama's fault! Feel better?

You are really stupid and have no idea regarding what you are referring to.

sorry.....I didn't mean to spoil anything. :bag:

Don't worry about it, there's a 50/50 chance he won't get it and a 100% chance he'll say something even more stupid in the future. This guy doesn't have many posts but he's already qualified for the conner gang.

Don't worry about it, there's a 50/50 chance he won't get it and a 100% chance he'll say something even more stupid in the future. This guy doesn't have many posts but he's already qualified for the conner gang.

Just a hunch, but I suspect gatorman is a new face to one of the lefty trolls who blow thru here every so often, leave, then come back in another incarnation

Just a hunch, but I suspect gatorman is a new face to one of the lefty trolls who blow thru here every so often, leave, then come back in another incarnation

It's so hard to be sure, though. They all spew the same bumper-sticker groupthink crap.

Well, when you have to clean up Bush's mess of an economy, things like this will happen. I see Ford's stock is up 70% this year though! Good job Mr. President!

So you didn't equate the stock market to the economy you equated a single stock to the economy. Well done my friend....well done. <golf clap>

3vfhd8.jpg

No, you read from the teleprompter perfectly.

Nice. From way down town...bang!

Yes. Ridicule. It's how they learn. I will reciprocate:

blame-bush.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

RECOVERY SUMMER!

Unemployment rates rise in most US states in July.

“Unemployment rates rose in more than half of U.S. states in July and fewer states added jobs, echoing national data that show the job market may have lost some momentum. The Labor Department said Monday that unemployment rates increased in 28 states. They were unchanged in 14 and fell in eight states—the fewest to show a decline since January.”

But there’s a new White House puppy!

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/174540/

RECOVERY SUMMER!

Unemployment rates rise in most US states in July.

“Unemployment rates rose in more than half of U.S. states in July and fewer states added jobs, echoing national data that show the job market may have lost some momentum. The Labor Department said Monday that unemployment rates increased in 28 states. They were unchanged in 14 and fell in eight states—the fewest to show a decline since January.”

But there’s a new White House puppy!

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/174540/

How long before this becomes a "unemployment rose in 'Red states'" story?

Economy: Household incomes are still down 4.4% since the recession ended four years ago. Meanwhile, the unemployment picture may be even worse than we think. The Obama "recovery" continues to impress.

According to a report released this week by Sentier Research, the inflation-adjusted median household income remains $2,380 below where it stood when the Obama "recovery" officially started in June 2009 — a drop of 4.4%.

Sentier's monthly data, derived from the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey, show that incomes fell more in the year after the recovery started than it did during the recession itself. And household incomes have basically flat-lined ever since.

"As the unemployment rate and the duration of unemployment remained high," the authors note, "median annual household income continued its decline."

The picture gets even grimmer the deeper you dive into the data. The most vulnerable groups — blacks, Hispanics, female-headed families and the young — have fared far worse under Obama than everyone else.

NYT: Say, these Obama admin job-creation claims seem rather dodgy

Maybe the real surprise is that the White House is still using Porkulus formulas to make their job-creation claims, years after they have been discredited by newspapers across the country. The New York Times belatedly took a closer look at job-creation figures from the Obama administration, and found that — like Obamanomics — they just don’t add up:

CREATING jobs is an essential goal today, given our high unemployment rate. But when job programs rely on taxpayer backing, their success or failure should be clearly disclosed.

For example, the United States Department of Agriculture has called its $1.6 billion business and industry loan program a rousing success. Not surprisingly, the department often trumpets the number of jobs that are expected to result from these loans — figures that it gets from the borrowers themselves. Whether these jobs are actually created, however, is another story.

The loan guarantee program is overseen by the
unit of the Agriculture Department and is part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Rural Development provides loan guarantees of as much as 90 percent to banks or other approved lenders that finance the improvement or development of businesses in rural and high-unemployment areas.

Those who followed the long and bankrupt saga of the green-tech subsidy program will find this a very familiar tale, if on a smaller scale. Once again, the Obama administration decided to “invest” large amounts of taxpayer dollars into questionable operations. Once again, the White House overpromised on jobs — far beyond even what the recipients of the funds proposed would be created. And once again, the administration demonstrated that bureaucrats don’t make good venture capitalists.

Profitable, gaining market share, ramping up production in the US and is on track to regain the most selling car crown.

Profitable, gaining market share, ramping up production in the US and is on track to regain the most selling car crown.

and all without government assistance. they're obviously cutting corners, ignoring safety regulations, and underpaying their employees. :)

and all without government assistance. they're obviously cutting corners, ignoring safety regulations, and underpaying their employees. :)

Those evil corporate bastards must be punished for oppressing the 99% to profitability.