Obamanomics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Presidents are always--fairly or unfairly--judged by the economy they administrate over.

There is truth in that statement. It's more likely that the economy has recovered very slowly in spite of Obama's policies. Nobody's going to accuse him of being a pro-growth private sector guy and that's what we need. We need leadership that will inspire confidence among both consumers and business people. We need policies that will incent businesses to stay in the U.S. and invest here. More employment fixes a lot of problems. The Democrat party can't support these ideas as they've made a career out of bashing corporations, profits and the greedy rich.

That's funny. Your argument for failure is the world global economy did not recover fast enough with Obama's policies? Can't you be a little more precise? I mean how fast, in YOUR OPINION, should the economy of recovered? I just think you don't know enough about economics to really have anything except a politically derived opinion.

Yeah you got me there. What does a Chef know about economics and the history of recoveries?

That's funny. Your argument for failure is the world global economy did not recover fast enough with Obama's policies? Can't you be a little more precise? I mean how fast, in YOUR OPINION, should the economy of recovered? I just think you don't know enough about economics to really have anything except a politically derived opinion.

We would have settled for an average recovery. By most measurements, this economic recovery has been the weakest in modern history.

There is truth in that statement. It's more likely that the economy has recovered very slowly in spite of Obama's policies. Nobody's going to accuse him of being a pro-growth private sector guy and that's what we need. We need leadership that will inspire confidence among both consumers and business people. We need policies that will incent businesses to stay in the U.S. and invest here. More employment fixes a lot of problems. The Democrat party can't support these ideas as they've made a career out of bashing corporations, profits and the greedy rich.

Thanks for a thoughtful reply. After Chef and DC Two Year Old it's refreshing. But I still disagree to a point. You are right but only so far. The Democrats are run by corporate people, are they not? How many Democrats in Congress are millionaire? The Democrtas raise millions and millions from rich people who generously support the party. Still, you are right that they are perceived by many as being the party of the poor. Hard to measure the impact on the economy. I mean Apple was trading at $30 a share when Hillary and Obama were fighting for the nomination in 2008 and now it's almost $100 and that's after a 7 to 1 split! A lot has gone right in this supposed anti-corporate environment. The Dow over 17,000 for instance

We would have settled for an average recovery. By most measurements, this economic recovery has been the weakest in modern history.

Nothing Obama could have really done about that. Europe was flat on it's back after the recession and that made them kind of hard to trade with. Remember, this was a global meltdown

Yeah you got me there. What does a Chef know about economics and the history of recoveries?

Not much if you ask me

Obvious? I'll tell you how it's obvious. Those are all policies done years ago and the economy is still very slow to recover. And if you give me "well it's because we were in such a deep hole (read: I blame Bush) it takes a long time to recover" **** I'll kick you in the nuts. That is if you had any.

And to your last statement? Oh never mind. I see Tom already said it.

Why would you try and kick me in the nuts if I brought up Bush? Was it Bush's fault the economy crashed? Or are Republican president immune from criticism on the economy, especially when the bottom falls out on their watch. Or is it just Obama's fault we havent recovered fast enough from Bush's economic collapse.

Why would you try and kick me in the nuts if I brought up Bush? Was it Bush's fault the economy crashed? Or are Republican president immune from criticism on the economy, especially when the bottom falls out on their watch. Or is it just Obama's fault we havent recovered fast enough from Bush's economic collapse.

Yes it's Bush's fault the economy crashed and it's not Obama's fault the recovery has been historically slow. Is that about right?

Yes it's Bush's fault the economy crashed and it's not Obama's fault the recovery has been historically slow. Is that about right?

Historically slow compared to what? What recover do you have in mind that this one was comparable to? "Historically slow" sounds like a really asinine term. As if all economic set backs are equal. :doh:

Historically slow compared to what? What recover do you have in mind that this one was comparable to? "Historically slow" sounds like a really asinine term. As if all economic set backs are equal. :doh:

So this is news to you?

“Today's report on the housing market is raising concerns about the economic recovery. Sales of new homes dropped sharply last month, more than 8%, and that's the largest decline in nearly a year.”

According to an article published Thursday afternoon on USA Today’s website, the numbers in June combine with “newly updated figures for March, April and May” that “show the industry’s spring performance was weaker than previously estimated.”

The article further reported that:

June sales hit a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 406,000, the second-weakest pace of the year, Census said. May's level was cut to 442,000 from the 504,000 annual pace Census reported a month ago. Instead of rising nearly 19% from April, May's sales were only up about 8%. The magnitude of the change was a single-month record for new-home sales data, according to Census records on revisions that date to 1996. Economists were bracing for lower June sales, but they anticipated an annual sales rate of 480,000, based on the median forecast in Action Economics' survey. Sales fell from May in every region, led by a 20% decline in the Northeast. The falloffs elsewhere were 1.9% in the West, 8.2% in the Midwest and 9.5% in the South.