Aaron Rodgers to give up salary for the year?

NoSaint

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/nyc/super-page/ryan-braun-suspended-for-peds-aaron-rodgers-has-to-pay-up-his-entire-salary-that-he-bet-on-brauns-innocence/

whooooops.... I know no one would actually expect him to do it, but perhaps not the wisest tweet to say you would bet your salary on braun being clean. might owe some apologies to all the "idiots" that were suspicious of braun.

Edited by NoSaint

I was JUST thinking about Rodgers having to eat some crow regarding how much he stuck up for his mancrush last year. Thanks for posting this, because I'd forgotten about it.

Mike and Mike had a field day reading all of Rodger's quotes this morning. I actually cringed a bit myself for Rodgers. Fact of the matter is that he was lied to by Braun. He believed his bud, and I'd bet, more than half of you would proclaim innocents for your friend if he/she told you they didn't do it.

I can't fully blame Aaron, I do think Braun is a scumbag though for letting people he is friends with to come stand by his side like he was innocent. Is funny to read those tweets though.

David Ortiz is getting my suspicion b.c a man hits 37 all the sudden looks leaner, is WAY faster around the bases, and hitting better.

Mike and Mike had a field day reading all of Rodger's quotes this morning. I actually cringed a bit myself for Rodgers. Fact of the matter is that he was lied to by Braun. He believed his bud, and I'd bet, more than half of you would proclaim innocents for your friend if he/she told you they didn't do it.

the only thing id say is he danced a bit around the line of "sticking up for a friend" and "being a jerk on behalf of a friend"

Yep. +1

the only thing id say is he danced a bit around the line of "sticking up for a friend" and "being a jerk on behalf of a friend"

I'm going wih the latter. His "buddy" had just tested positive for steroids and Rodgers really believed it was because the guy who handled the specimen "spiked" it?

I'm betting even Braun's parents weren't surprised when this shoe dropped yesterday. Come on! He was busted last year!

Very tough call, hard to argue against either one. Give em both the prize.

I think its easy, Lance Armstrong lied for years, convinced a nation he was a role model, even started a plastic wrist band trend. Lance was a lying icon.

1) Rodgers should donate every bit of this years contract $$$ to the NFL's past players.

2) Armstrong by a mile. The guy had a cause and threw it in your face. Every moment he could he was standing in front of a spotlight somewhere. He was cleaning house on the poon. He was nothing but over the top.

I think its easy, Lance Armstrong lied for years, convinced a nation he was a role model, even started a plastic wrist band trend. Lance was a lying icon.

1) Rodgers should donate every bit of this years contract $$$ to the NFL's past players.

2) Armstrong by a mile. The guy had a cause and threw it in your face. Every moment he could he was standing in front of a spotlight somewhere. He was cleaning house on the poon. He was nothing but over the top.

Okay, you 2 are right, and clearly so. But the fact that Armstrong is the bigger jackass by far doesn't erase the fact that Braun is still a really big jackass. Heehaw.

kj

Trying to figure out why Armstrong is a bigger Dbag? They both did pretty much the same thing - broke the rules to improve performance. How good they were or how long they went without getting caught doesn't really come into the Dbag conversation. Armstrong was more adamant/arrogant about his innocence so they does tilt the scales against him but then again Armstrong's charity did raise more than $500 million to help find a cure for cancer. Despite his arrogance and cheating his positives outweigh his negatives in terms of what he's contributed to society - at least to me. Cheating in some races and lying about it isn't really that high on my list of horrible things human beings can do to one another. On the other hand how many people on Earth can say they've done more to help mankind than starting an organization that raised $500 million to fight a disease that kills over 7 million people a year.

Trying to figure out why Armstrong is a bigger Dbag? They both did pretty much the same thing - broke the rules to improve performance. How good they were or how long they went without getting caught doesn't really come into the Dbag conversation. Armstrong was more adamant/arrogant about his innocence so they does tilt the scales against him but then again Armstrong's charity did raise more than $500 million to help find a cure for cancer. Despite his arrogance and cheating his positives outweigh his negatives in terms of what he's contributed to society - at least to me. Cheating in some races and lying about it isn't really that high on my list of horrible things human beings can do to one another. On the other hand how many people on Earth can say they've done more to help mankind than starting an organization that raised $500 million to fight a disease that kills over 7 million people a year.

That is a good argument for Lance being a lesser dbag, Lance was a lot more adamant and fooled the public longer but he did raise awareness and money for a good cause.

Lance lied for over a decade and was considered #1 in his field, oh and he was the engine behind a gigantic charity. Braun is a dirtball but no where near LAs level.

If you gave Braun a decade he probably would have lied that long also. But in the end saying which of these two is the bigger jackass is like voting between a Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche for school mascot.