Classic Bills playoff games

Other than what Youtube has to offer, does anybody on here know of any other websites where I can watch the entirety of classic Bills playoff games, specifically the 95'(i think it was 95') Divisional game against the Steelers and the 96' wildcard game vs the Jaguars or the 98' Wildcard games vs the Dolphins. Thanks

Welcome aboard! 'besides YouTube'?? Well, I have them on VHS..

IIRC, we got whomped vs Steelers in '95, Jags came from way back to beat us AT HOME in '96, knocking Jim Kelly out of the NFL and Flutie failed to score from in close to lose @ Miami in '98.

Not at ALL what I consider classic playoff games...

IIRC, we got whomped vs Steelers in '95, Jags came from way back to beat us AT HOME in '96, knocking Jim Kelly out of the NFL and Flutie failed to score from in close to lose @ Miami in '98.

Hey, the way things are going, all Bills playoff games are classic...

Would've been nice if Bruce Smith had played in that Steelers game.

Sorry for the random thought, but talk of old playoffs got me thinking about things that didn't exist the last time we made the playoffs:

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

I used AOL. Jean shorts were acceptable for men. People still went to Blockbuster to rent movies ... usually VHSs. EJ Manuel was about 10 years old. An 18 year old likely wouldn't even remember the Bills ever being in the playoffs.

Sorry for the random thought, but talk of old playoffs got me thinking about things that didn't exist the last time we made the playoffs:

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

I used AOL. Jean shorts were acceptable for men. People still went to Blockbuster to rent movies ... usually VHSs. EJ Manuel was about 10 years old. An 18 year old likely wouldn't even remember the Bills ever being in the playoffs.

Well Thanks for ruining my day, ya bastard! ; )

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

Who would have thought the Boston Red Sox would have won two World Series before the Bills made the playoffs again

With the way the NFL is trying to squeeze every possible penny out of their product it amazes me they don't offer a service for fans to go back and rewatch games like this especially in the offseason when we are all itching for some football

How great would it be to go back and watch those great seasons again

Edited by Max997

Would you be willing to upload any of these games in their entirety onto Youtube? Thanx

Would you be willing to upload any of these games in their entirety onto Youtube? Thanx

No. Again, they were defeats. If no one can find them, it won't be me who offers them up.

Blindly assuming you're not a troll, here's a tip for posting. If you start a thread and open with a 1st post, you need to follow it and interact with the flow.

No. Again, they were defeats. If no one can find them, it won't be me who offers them up.

Blindly assuming you're not a troll, here's a tip for posting. If you start a thread and open with a 1st post, you need to follow it and interact with the flow.

I have actually been reading this message board for a number years but I just never decided to post anything. And I dont see what the big deal is about posting those games on youtube

I have actually been reading this message board for a number years but I just never decided to post anything. And I dont see what the big deal is about posting those games on youtube

The NFL andd FBI would like to talk to you............

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

Wait - I'm wearing jean shorts today. Is that bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNZrBa-aWgM

just search for it on youtube.

Ha ha ha!! Ladies & gentlemen, exhibit A for those who insist Buffalo fans would fill the stadium if the Bills were only decent at the end of the season. Look at the 4:24 mark of that video and look at all the empty seats in the upper end zone corners. I forgot that game was blacked out. 48 degrees, a home playoff game, and Bills fans still stayed home, :doh:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Ha ha ha!! Ladies & gentlemen, exhibit A for those who insist Buffalo fans would fill the stadium if the Bills were only decent at the end of the season. Look at the 4:24 mark of that video and look at all the empty seats in the upper end zone corners. I forgot that game was blacked out. 48 degrees, a home playoff game, and Bills fans still stayed home, :doh:

PTR

The one thing I'd say to that Promo is that the Bills fans were pretty spoiled at that point and took a lot for granted.

I'm not disputing you but I believe that there might be an increased awareness in the community that the Bills time in WNY could be short and that the imperative of buying tickets might be stronger now than it was then, as people consider the Bills in a historical context.

Ugh.

How did we lose that game? Oh yeah, I think there was a BS fumble call at the end.

Yea if i can remember straight, on a third down Kelly was scrambling for a first down and he got tackled, both knees clearly down, and he coughed up the ball. Even the announcers were baffled that he wasn't ruled down. I feel like if replay had been around during the later half of the 90s that maybe we would have won another playoff game or two.....

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

Are jean shorts no longer acceptable for men? How about jean cargo shorts?

Wait - I'm wearing jean shorts today. Is that bad?

I wouldn't call it bad, exactly.

Are jean shorts no longer acceptable for men? How about jean cargo shorts?

Out of style. But if it's your style, it's your style. Just don't clip your phone to them. Jean cargo shorts even worse.

http://mensfashion.about.com/od/wardrobebasics/a/ShortsDosDonts.htm

Edited by Just in Atlanta

do you have the week prior when the bills ripped the dolphins ?

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

Broadband Internet was available - I've had it since '99, and the last playoff game was played in January, 2000. In addition, DVRs were available as well - just not very common.

Still depressing though. :(

iPods

Flip phones

Facebook

Broadband Internet

DVRs

9/11

The first NFL game broadcast in HD was the Bills at Jets in November of 1998 (Notable as the game where Belichick exposed Doug Fluties' fatal flaw) but HDTV was still nowhere near available to the average fan the last time the Bills made the playoffs. They were making some TV's, but the networks weren't shooting games in HD.

There is also A LOT more information and coverage with regard to the NFL and the game has become even more larger than life.

Side note: It's hard to imagine now, but the Empire Sports Network lived off of two things: The Bills and the Sabres and after the loss to the Dolphins in the playoffs in 1999 ESN had no postgame coverage at all because I believe Jibroni Josh Mora or someone else at ESN had scheduled his wedding for wildcard weekend of some stupid sh*t like that. So basically, if you wanted a recap you were listening to a radio or waiting for a 5 minute recap on Primetime. Nowadays, the results of each game are re-hashed 24 hours a day on tv and online.

Darn - that means my wife was right....I hate that......I'm still wearing them though....

That's fine, I won't judge you. :flirt:

Broadband Internet was available - I've had it since '99, and the last playoff game was played in January, 2000. In addition, DVRs were available as well - just not very common.

Still depressing though. :(

Yes, depressing.

Had no idea DVRs were available in , never even heard of em until 2003 or 4. I was in college during the last playoff game, don't remember broadband being available either; I and everyone I knew had dial-up. Guess I should have researched that.

But I think everyone got my point, despite poor execution.

That playoff game still hurts. Only time I've ever lost my temper to the point of breaking ****. Threw my remote at the TV. I was so wrapped up in the shock ... still can't believe I did that. If only I knew that would be the last playoff game for 13-plus years I would've enjoyed it.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

do you have the week prior when the bills ripped the dolphins ?

You mean the Derrick Holmes/Tim Tindell affair? Yes. I really thought we had Thurman's heir apparent there, even while he was still cranking out 150+ yard Playoff performances then..

Was that our LAST playoff win?? I think so..