Would You Rather Have Mario Or Byrd?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reluctantly, I choose MARIO.

6 words. Da'Norris Searcy, Duke Williams, Aaron Williams. (and if you think i'm puffing, go and Youtube Duke Williams, Safety, Nevada)

If we lose Mario, the names behind him dont impress me much. Especially at a position (DL) that benefits from a little depth/rotation. You caint never have enuf pass rush (see: Giants, New York).

Edited by maddenboy

Neither, both are wastes of money. Mario is nothing but a shadow of his former self (WHEN he could be somewhat consistent) and Byrd is overhyped by Bills fans because of one season. And I don't care what level a Safety plays at, they aren't worth the jack Byrd wants.

I dont think Byrd is a waste of money... neither Mario. They both are good players.

Edited by Braedenstearns

Well, this is simply not true and if you would watch what elite safeties do to make the QB throw elsewhere, you will see that. And seriously, does the male race really have to use LOL - it's like a red flag every time I see it used.

"Male race" LOLOLOLOL.

But really, I know that was already addressed. Some of us like to use "lol" in a sort of joking way. Text speak is funny to me, so I use it sometimes with my friends.

All-pro DE >>>> All-pro S

You sure about that? Are you sure an all-pro DE 3-4 years ago is >>> an all-pro safety today?

Is Dwight Freeney >>> Jairus Byrd?

Is Richard Seymour >>> Dashon Golston (49ers) or Earl Thomas (seattle)?

Which would you rather have, RIGHT NOW?

Edited by maddenboy

EASY MARIO, STUPID QUESTION LOL.

HE HAS THE OPPURTUNITY TO DISRUPT EVERY PLAY WEATHER IT BE A PASS OR A RUN!

Byrd has proven he can play. Plays at a high level everygame.

We have hashed over the stats and the opines in regard to Byrd ad infinitum nauseum.

Around the league and most pundits consider both of the players elite or near the top of their game at the position.

General consensus excepting Buffalo Bills fans. seriously.

So for me it's Byrd . all day.

Did any one watch game one with mario ? did you really watch it?

How about the next 4-5 games and study Mario ?

well then you dont have an opinion.

He sucked. he sucked regardless of pay regardless of draft pick regardless of his boo boo wrist (because he is a "hand " player )

blow nut.

I hate him.

took plays off , couldnt beat even UDFA RT's and he sucked.

Oh sure his stats got better but his effort lacked all season. Unless it was convenient for him to do the hard work that a Kyle Willams type does every play.

I really dont know who you people are who post up here and I wont generalize

But did you watch the GAMES !

That said i would like to keep them both

Edited by 3rdand12

You sure about that? Are you sure an all-pro DE 3-4 years ago is >>> an all-pro safety today?

Is Dwight Freeney >>> Jairus Byrd?

Is Richard Seymour >>> Dashon Golston (49ers) or Earl Thomas (seattle)?

Which would you rather have, RIGHT NOW?

I think the point of the OP is that both players are still in their primes so I'm not sure why you're bringing into the discussion comparing people in their primes with people past their primes.

Is your point that Williams is past his prime?

To the OP, Mario Williams by far.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Good catch, although some of the stories I have heard over the years might lend to new race altogether

except it is not a race under any meaning or understanding of the word. Feel free to backpedal away though, lol

LOL, :nana: Mario, but I see no reason not to keep Byrd. The FO might not think that though, I am not sure that in a 3 safety D they think one piece is worth that much more than the others (I feel differently but what do I know really, it is their system). Elite pass rushers (which Mario is BTW) get bigger money whether they are worth the price or not, apples to oranges.

I think the point of the OP is that both players are still in their primes so I'm not sure why you're bringing into the discussion comparing people in their primes with people past their primes.

Is your point that Williams is past his prime?

To the OP, Mario Williams by far.

No. In my first post i reluctantly chose Mario, because of the lack of depth behind him, compared to our young(ry) talent at safety.

But I was responding to a post about how a Probowl DE is >>>>> a Probowl safety.

Point is, since when was Mario a probowl DE?

No. In my first post i reluctantly chose Mario, because of the lack of depth behind him, compared to our young(ry) talent at safety.

But I was responding to a post about how a Probowl DE is >>>>> a Probowl safety.

Point is, since when was Mario a probowl DE?

Do you know how anything about football? Mmm'k, pull up a chair and follow along.

An elite level DE can change the game with more of an impact then an elite level FS can. An elite SS can change the game even more, due to his ability to play the run and the pass and become, basically another LB but more versatile. The FS is just the ball hawk who is smart enough to not let anyone behind him.

An entire defensive package, scheme, plan, everything can be based off of the DE. Haven't you noticed the defenses are named 4-3, 3-4, 4-4, Nickel and Dime? The nickel and dime is adding more Safeties and CB's. You can have a Dwight Freeney to just go in hard. You can have a Chris Kelsay who sets the edge. You can have a variety of DE's that can do a variety of things, but when you have a DE who is elite he can shift to the 3-4 OLB/DE.

I'm too lazy to get in to it now, and I doubt you care, but I will gladly type 1,000 word essay on this...no joke.

I want both players, but if I had to choose one to play along, it would be Mario. No question.

Not trying to be contentious, but other than wanting to get paid an insane of money to stay, what else makes you think that Byrd doesn't want to be in Buffalo? Are the reasons just the money, or is there something that you have seen/heard that indicates he doesn't like being in Buffalo? From everything I have heard, he likes Buffalo a lot. Of course, a lot has changed since just last season.

I don't want the Bills to break the bank to sign Byrd long-term, but I would hate to see him leave.To think, all the times the Bills have traded up in the draft in recent years, Byrd (if memory serves me) is the only one who actually panned out...

I dunno.

Byrd has spent 4 season in Buffalo, an organization that has not had a .500 season over that time. If he were to come back, he would be on his 4th HC, his 4th DC and scheme, and his third GM.

If I am a player, let alone a very good player, looking at the teams as an employer and as a company, I think I'd be ready to move on to bigger and better things.

And we didnt trade up for Byrd B-)