Would You Rather Have Mario Or Byrd?

Biggest game of the year? Is that a joke? And rest assured that Mario would have to change into a completely different player, starting now, in order to put together a HOF career.

Oh yes, I am very new to the gaem, but with help like that you provide in enlightening posts such as this, I'm sure I'll cathc up to you some day.

MAny posters here seemed to be answering a question that the OP is not asking (and doing it intentionally because they can't argue their choice convincingly).

I also agree that "an elite DE>>and elite safety". But the OP isn't asking which position is more important--he is asking which of these two players (as they are right now) is more worth keeping, i.e., which has more of an impact on the D to this point. My answer is based on the opinion that Mario is not at this time an elite DE. I don't see how anyone can say he is, based on his entire season last year. He was not "dominating" in the last 5 games.

If the OP had started a thread last year at this time asking who on the team you would rather have, Fitz or Stevie, would anyone respond Fitz because QB is more important than WR? No.

As for what becomes of Byrd, I'm not all that worried if he leaves. I've already said they shouldn't let him dictate the terms of his next contract or make him a foolish offer (as they did with Mario).

Pretty much hit the nail on the head as that is precisely what I was trying to get at here. I have not been able to read much of this with work but you are correct on what I intended.....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest game of the year? Is that a joke? And rest assured that Mario would have to change into a completely different player, starting now, in order to put together a HOF career.

Oh yes, I am very new to the gaem, but with help like that you provide in enlightening posts such as this, I'm sure I'll cathc up to you some day.

MAny posters here seemed to be answering a question that the OP is not asking (and doing it intentionally because they can't argue their choice convincingly).

I also agree that "an elite DE>>and elite safety". But the OP isn't asking which position is more important--he is asking which of these two players (as they are right now) is more worth keeping, i.e., which has more of an impact on the D to this point. My answer is based on the opinion that Mario is not at this time an elite DE. I don't see how anyone can say he is, based on his entire season last year. He was not "dominating" in the last 5 games.

If the OP had started a thread last year at this time asking who on the team you would rather have, Fitz or Stevie, would anyone respond Fitz because QB is more important than WR? No.

As for what becomes of Byrd, I'm not all that worried if he leaves. I've already said they shouldn't let him dictate the terms of his next contract or make him a foolish offer (as they did with Mario).

I hear ya. And i think Mario at his position is better then Byrd at his position. And what Mario does is not affected one bit by who plays safety. What Byrd does or production he has is dictated heavily by who plays in front of him. So to me yes i take Mario hands down. Byrd had nice INT stats, which are great, but he his nowhere near a game changer Reed was or T Polamalu was.