Another Patriot busted

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the scummiest organization in the NFL.

It's a DUI. Serious? Yes. Worth suspension? No.

A DUI while on probation for allegedly hitting a police officer should equal a suspension if not jail time.

I'm the biggest advocate of 2nd chances but when people keeping screwing up & you let them keep sliding without penalties, that's how you get Aaron Hernandez.

They are the scummiest organization in the NFL.

A DUI while on probation for allegedly hitting a police officer should equal a suspension if not jail time.

I'm the biggest advocate of 2nd chances but when people keeping screwing up & you let them keep sliding without penalties, that's how you get Aaron Hernandez.

Exactly, a DUI by it's self is relatively minor but people seem to be forgetting that this guy was just convicted of assaulting an officer, and had been sentenced to a 30 day jail sentence, which was deferred. He almost certainly will now have to serve that, and probably more for violating probation.

Isn't a suspension pretty standard for DUI's (I certainly could be wrong about that, and was too lazy to look it up)? If not it probably will be after the fatal Brent DUI incident last year. I'd have to imagine the assaulting an officer charge factors in as well.

DUI's while stupid, generally don't signify any ill will...Assault does.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This one is no surprise. Hopefully Da'Rick Rogers is watching and seeing how not to act.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Da'Rick was suspended for failing 3 drug tests.

Again, assaulting a police officer versus failed drug tests are not really in the same league as far as I'm concerned.

And it concerns me that our society doesn't do well enough in drawing distinctions between violent lawbreakers and non-violent lawbreakers.

That was the whole lesson with the Aaron Hernandez situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Da'Rick was suspended for failing 3 drug tests.

Again, assaulting a police officer versus failed drug tests are not really in the same league as far as I'm concerned.

And it concerns me that our society doesn't do well enough in drawing distinctions between violent lawbreakers and non-violent lawbreakers.

That was the whole lesson with the Aaron Hernandez situation.

\

If DR fails more drug tests, he gets suspended and likely cut. He doesn't have to be violent.

\

If DR fails more drug tests, he gets suspended and likely cut. He doesn't have to be violent.

Understood. I'm just sensitive about players all being lumped together regardless of the exact nature of the problems that they've had. If I knew what the NFL teams knew, I wouldn't have drafted Hernandez at all.

BTW, after he transferred from Tennessee, Rogers passed 10 drug tests so I'm hoping all of that is in the past.

Also, my point was that Da'Rick doesn't have to use Alfonzo Dennard as an example of how not to act because he's never had a problem with violence or DUIs.

Understood. I'm just sensitive about players all being lumped together regardless of the exact nature of the problems that they've had. If I knew what the NFL teams knew, I wouldn't have drafted Hernandez at all.

BTW, after he transferred from Tennessee, Rogers passed 10 drug tests so I'm hoping all of that is in the past.

I'm hoping the same re: Rogers, but it did cross my mind that perhaps the "drug tests" might have been substandard, since they were administered at a second-rate school. Not a dis to TT, but they literally aren't in the same league as Tennessee. Might they be a little lax when it comes to keeping an eye on perhaps their best football player ever?

Leading up to the draft, there were plenty of reports that Rogers had turned it around, and I even thought the Bills should target him in the third round- but not a single team took a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th round. This is a guy whom by all accounts has ELITE talent, yet NO ONE drafted him. Meanwhile the Aaron Hernandezes and the Tyrann Mathieus of the world see their stock drop, but are still drafted relatively high.

It's certainly true that scouts and executives are privy to info to which we are not. The question is: What was so alarming to cause Rogers to drop beyond the seventh round? Yes it was reported 15 or 16 teams were bidding for his services, but it seems fishy to me that would be true considering 5 WRs were picked in the seventh round. The Packers even took two!

Most seventh rounders don't even make their respective teams, but you're going to bypass Da'Rick Rogers for essentially camp fodder?

I'm definitely rooting for Rogers to succeed, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out there's more to the story of his slide.

Edited by uncle flap

I'm hoping the same re: Rogers, but it did cross my mind that perhaps the "drug tests" might have been substandard, since they were administered at a second-rate school. Not a dis to TT, but they literally aren't in the same league as Tennessee. Might they be a little lax when it comes to keeping an eye on perhaps their best football player ever?

While leading up to the draft, there were plenty of reports that Rogers had turned it around, and I even thought the Bills should target him in the third round- but not a single team took a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th round. This is a guy whom by all accounts has ELITE talent, yet NO ONE drafted him. Meanwhile the Aaron Hernandezes and the Tyrann Mathieus of the world see their stock drop, but are still drafted relatively high.

It's certainly true that scouts and executives are privy to info that we are not. The question is: What was so alarming to cause a guy like Rogers to drop beyond the seventh round? Yes it was reported 15 or 16 teams were bidding for his services, but it seems fishy to me that would be true considering 5 WRs were picked in the seventh round. The Packers even took two!

Most seventh rounders don't even make their respective teams, but you're going to bypass Da'Rick Rogers for essentially camp fodder?

I'm definitely rooting for Rogers to succeed, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out there's more to the story of his slide.

Well this is a great post.

The punishment (going undrafted) doesn't seem to fit the crime (3 failed drug tests).

You're right. It seems like there almost has to be more to the story that we don't know.

Also, my point was that Da'Rick doesn't have to use Alfonzo Dennard as an example of how not to act because he's never had a problem with violence or DUIs.

I still wonder why his failed drug tests got him undrafted. That's an epic fall compared to similar offenses by others.