EJ Seeks Veteran Wisdom from Aaron Rodgers

I know, I know, wait till he gets on the field. But last i checked, neither trentative or losman in their rookie campaign went to try and seek advice from one of the best QB's in the game. He's embracing the leadership and taking the initiative on learning what it takes to be the best. I appreciate that.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/07/02/ej-seeking-nfl-veteran-wisdom/

I wish he would recap what they talked about that would be an interesting fly on the wall conversation. I'm curious what questions he asked.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I know, wait till he gets on the field. But last i checked, neither trentative or losman in their rookie campaign went to try and seek advice from one of the best QB's in the game. He's embracing the leadership and taking the initiative on learning what it takes to be the best. I appreciate that.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/07/02/ej-seeking-nfl-veteran-wisdom/

I wish he would recap what they talked about that would be an interesting fly on the wall conversation. I'm curious what questions he asked.

Discount Double Check!

Seriously...glad he's doing out there asking questions.

It really is hard not to like this kid...of course, I'm not trying at all; he was the only QB I wanted from this class.

Really think he's going to be good. He's got the physical ability, and he's got the desire. Let's hope it translates to the field.

maybe he's asking him how to be a good backup behind a veteran QB. Rodgers was a backup for 3 yrs before getting his chance and is a good case study on how to bring a QB along rather than throwing someone out there and hoping for the best and possibly killing a kid's confidence (which I hope doesn't happen with Manuel). i'm no kevin kolb fan but I think Manuel can benefit from a year of sitting and learning

maybe he's asking him how to be a good backup behind a veteran QB. Rodgers was a backup for 3 yrs before getting his chance and is a good case study on how to bring a QB along rather than throwing someone out there and hoping for the best and possibly killing a kid's confidence (which I hope doesn't happen with Manuel). i'm no kevin kolb fan but I think Manuel can benefit from a year of sitting and learning

LOL -- sorry, that made me laugh out loud. Aaron Rodgers coming in to the league behind a future HOFer is nothing at all like the open competition EJ has been drafted into with a journeyman like Kolb.

Imagine the typo if he put Aaron Hernandez. (I know that is retarded and rather silly)

My biggest question with him is going to be answered in our first preseason game. I want to know where our coaches put him and what he puts out there for himself.

I am a fan of EJ and I don't mind this move but really, we don't need to be such suckers for PR. I can remember the last time a Bills prospect did this because it was also with a Green Bay QB. Has everybody forgotten JP's visit with Favre, the little red shorts, etc?

It's fine to feel good about it, but if it provides EJ with any edge it is going to be marginal.

I am a fan of EJ and I don't mind this move but really, we don't need to be such suckers for PR. I can remember the last time a Bills prospect did this because it was also with a Green Bay QB. Has everybody forgotten JP's visit with Favre, the little red shorts, etc?

It's fine to feel good about it, but if it provides EJ with any edge it is going to be marginal.

I don't think anyone is suggesting a little meeting with Rodgers will suddenly vault EJ into superstardom, but a young QB seeking out advice and tidbits from an All-Pro at the position is likely to consist of more than, "hey, kid, watch out for the blindside rush" and "the chicks are crazy, bro."

There's really no reason to spin this in any way but positively.

He is trying to learn how to be a professional. I hope he soaks in as much leadership qualities from that conversation with Rodgers as possible. I've had a couple of jobs in my life but the one that i've succeeded at the most is the one that I have now. The reason for my success was asking questions and learn as much as i could so that i'm the resource for others to ask in the future. It's just a positive reinforcement to the fact that he is going to work hard. I hope he doesn't have to sit behind Kolb, that he learns fast and can keep up with the pace of the nfl game from the start of preseason.

EJ needs a nickname, hopefully it won't be "EJ readthe Manuel" by the end of the season.

Edited by MClem06