Mario Williams: Is a Pattern Forming?

Lurker

If you were expecting Mario to single-handedly cover for Dareus, Kelsay, the LB'ing corps, a CB spot, the SS, and Wannstedt, well then...

I'm not expecting him to, I was trying to understand the points being made.

As far as I'm concerned, after he had his wrist treated, Mario played well for us. End of story.

Funny, Wannacrap was getting the same "genius" treatment last offseason. When, the bills were (supposedly) kicking off season butts and crowned paper Champs. No change this year. We shall see.

Yup. Hence why I'm not getting excited at all about possibly being better. I do like that there's at least a change. :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose not to believe in a another ridiculous untruth. You again chose to.

The rest of your arguments regarding Mario's worth to the Texans go against all evidence and are completely unconvincing, doc. No irony there.

Yes, because you believed AH wasn't that stupid, right doc?

Look, the best you're going to get is that the Texans couldn't afford Mario. Had he stayed, he'd have at-worst been the 2nd best player on their defense. If you think he wouldn't have helped them, well, that's your bag.

I'm not expecting him to, I was trying to understand the points being made.

As far as I'm concerned, after he had his wrist treated, Mario played well for us. End of story.

Sorry. I was going to respond to you with a separate reply but didn't, and didn't remove your quote.

If you were expecting Mario to single-handedly cover for Dareus, Kelsay, the LB'ing corps, a CB spot, the SS, and Wannstedt, well then...

Yeah, that's what I expected...

How about he actually beat the guy in front of him on occasion?

I mean beating a guy that isn't a third rate OT.

He did a nice disappearing act against Sebastian Vollmer in 2 games.

When that didn't work, they moved him to the right side to go against Nate Solder occasionally..with similar results.

Dude was brought in to get after a guy like Tom Brady. But when he can't beat the guy in front of him...

Yeah, that's what I expected...

How about he actually beat the guy in front of him on occasion?

I mean beating a guy that isn't a third rate OT.

He did a nice disappearing act against Sebastian Vollmer in 2 games.

When that didn't work, they moved him to the right side to go against Nate Solder occasionally..with similar results.

Dude was brought in to get after a guy like Tom Brady. But when he can't beat the guy in front of him...

Watt couldn't either. He got his half-sack on a stunt up the middle.

Watt couldn't either. He got his half-sack on a stunt up the middle.

Well, you're consistent, I give ya' that.

Can't seem to discuss him without saying "oh yeah, what about the other guy?"

Now...why couldn't Mario beat Sebastian Vollmer...or Nate Solder?

Well, you're consistent, I give ya' that.

Can't seem to discuss him without saying "oh yeah, what about the other guy?"

Now...why couldn't Mario beat Sebastian Vollmer...or Nate Solder?

LOL! This discussion began with saying how the Texans didn't need him because they had JJ Watt.

Without going back and looking at each play, I couldn't tell you why.

Yes, because you believed AH wasn't that stupid, right doc?

Look, the best you're going to get is that the Texans couldn't afford Mario. Had he stayed, he'd have at-worst been the 2nd best player on their defense. If you think he wouldn't have helped them, well, that's your bag.

Sorry. I was going to respond to you with a separate reply but didn't, and didn't remove your quote.

No, because it was totally unbelievable on its face. I have no idea why you would believe such a thing for a second. The dumbest man on Earth would find no reason to sign a "confession" to shooting someone outside of a criminal investigation.

My "bag" is that Mario isn't even the 2nd best defender on the Bills; forget about where he would currently rank on the team that didn't want to pay for his continued services.

Let's make this simple, would you rather have Watt or Mario on the Bills right now?

Edited by Mr. WEO

LOL! This discussion began with saying how the Texans didn't need him because they had JJ Watt.

And then you said....yeah, they could have used Mario in that game against the Pats.

The same Mario who did absolutely nothing in 2 games against the Pats this year.

If he helped the Texans as much as he did the Bills...why bother..

Without going back and looking at each play, I couldn't tell you why.

mmhm, Yep.

Uhhh…

Its not that difficult. Judge him by what HE does, or doesn't do.

Which would be, getting sacks against inferior competition but little else.

I've never seen a fan base that tries as hard to talk themselves into hating all their good players as much as this one does. Hockey or football, it doesn't matter. We actively seek out reasons to crap all over our guys.

Edited by biglukes

No, because it was totally unbelievable on its face. I have no idea why you would believe such a thing for a second. The dumbest man on Earth would find no reason to sign a "confession" to shooting someone outside of a criminal investigation.

My "bag" is that Mario isn't even the 2nd best defender on the Bills; forget about where he would currently rank on the team that didn't want to pay for his continued services.

Let's make this simple, would you rather have Watt or Mario on the Bills right now?

I believed it because he's a moron. The assassination of Lloyd proves that without a doubt, dontchathink? What more is there to say here?

Bill in NYC would disagree with you about about there being 2 better players than MW. But just FMI, who do you think they are?

And obviously I'd take Watt. I wanted Watt in the 2011 draft, after a trade down, because I figured Dareus would go 2nd overall. But would you take Watt AND Mario? The answer is obvious.

And then you said....yeah, they could have used Mario in that game against the Pats.

The same Mario who did absolutely nothing in 2 games against the Pats this year.

If he helped the Texans as much as he did the Bills...why bother..

mmhm, Yep.

Its not that difficult. Judge him by what HE does, or doesn't do.

Which would be, getting sacks against inferior competition but little else.

Well, Mario has that in common with Watt. Oh wait, that half sack sure helped the Texans hold down the Pats.

I believed it because he's a moron. The assassination of Lloyd proves that without a doubt, dontchathink? What more is there to say here?

Bill in NYC would disagree with you about about there being 2 better players than MW. But just FMI, who do you think they are?

And obviously I'd take Watt. I wanted Watt in the 2011 draft, after a trade down, because I figured Dareus would go 2nd overall. But would you take Watt AND Mario? The answer is obvious.

Well, Mario has that in common with Watt. Oh wait, that half sack sure helped the Texans hold down the Pats.

The killing proves he is evil, with no regard for human life or the consequences of his crime. You were duped into believing a silly (or nonexistent, it is seeming) story. Not even a guy as dense as Marshawn Lynch would sign a confession for a crime he hasn't been charged with. Maybe that confession is locked up in the same vault as the SB walkthrough video.

The two best players are Byrd and Gilmore. Probably even Kyle Williams.

And the question of whether I would take Watt on the Bills and leave Mario on the roster too--of course but, as you pointed out earlier, this is about who is a better player/value/impact. So your question is an obfuscation.

This thread has devolved into yet another Doc vs. Weo/Hatfield vs. McCoy death-slog. I liked it better when everyone was ganging up on me for no reason.

Atleast its about Mario again, so it gets to feel extra repetitive

The killing proves he is evil, with no regard for human life or the consequences of his crime. You were duped into believing a silly (or nonexistent, it is seeming) story. Not even a guy as dense as Marshawn Lynch would sign a confession for a crime he hasn't been charged with. Maybe that confession is locked up in the same vault as the SB walkthrough video.

The two best players are Byrd and Gilmore. Probably even Kyle Williams.

And the question of whether I would take Watt on the Bills and leave Mario on the roster too--of course but, as you pointed out earlier, this is about who is a better player/value/impact. So your question is an obfuscation.

A person can be evil and stupid. You must think Lynch is an evil genius because he knowingly committed hit-and-run and just got a traffic citation. But again as I said, the civil suit for the gunshot to the face, even if becomes a criminal case, is the least of AH's worries.

Byrd and Gilmore are excellent players. Better than Mario? Not quite.

And there's no obfuscation. Your contention is that Mario would add nothing to the Texans' defense. That's so silly even AH could see it. While he can also see that the Texans merely having JJ Watt isn't enough to keep them getting hammered by the Pats. The issue of money is moot because Watt is just coming off his 2nd season and has 3 more left on his contract, while Mario probably would have given the Texans a hometown discount if they seriously negotiated with them.