Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

Most everyone has prefaced their comments here with the obligatory " we don't know anything yet, but.." Those who haven't have dealt with the PC Police.

Well, bring it on me. It's prediction time and I'm going with Murder 2 charges on Hernandez.

My reasoning? I watch ID TV.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a tech expert by any means. However, I will add my knowledge.

Just because you erase info on a hard drive or memory card does not mean it is erased. Unless you take the time to fully delete the memory. On a HDD you must wipe it out by reformatting, adding a new file over it, or by other more complicated tasks people do not know about. On a memory card, as long as you do not replace or add new information you can retrieve your photos. At Ground Zero this was a huge issue. People had to erase their memory cards in front of police officers, etc. When they get home they undelete their photos from the memory card and its like it never was erased.

Bits of CD's, for example, can be replaced and put together to give a lot of information. Piece of a cell phone do not complicate things too much, a lot of it is filler - the memory unit itself is likely still intact unless it was so smashed that you pretty much put it through a hogger.

Verizon is said to keep text message logs for at least 3 days, and that was verified about 5 years ago. I even asked Verizon, they said they do. They have been rumored to now keep them up to 21 days. I am sure other carriers are not much different.

Most phones also GeoTag and include other information in pictures. This happens a lot on websites where girls post pictures of themselves and the next thing you know the internet now has their address, type of phone, in some cases phone#, and more all through the exif data.

The memory on a phone cannot, generally, be effected by magnets, either. I am assuming his security system was digital, which means it could just have a large magnet over it and it's whiped clean. Still, there may be a chance that enough evidence remains.

In the end, there are enough cameras in this world to give them a lot of information they may want - the biggest example of this is along I-85 in NC. Almost every exit has a camera mounted at it. It would be very possible for the 'man' to follow you for your trip.

That's all about what I expected, but I think still a great add on to the discussion. Thanks for taking the time, as I think we're likely to be headed into a lot of talks about the electronics - a little surprised by the text records being kept that long by the carrier.

It'll be interesting to see how savvy these guys were.

If Aaron pulled the trigger and it was a close range head shot as is being reported, how could this not be 1st degree?

"But, Mr. Judge sir, I didn't mean to kill him when I pushed the gun up against his head and pulled the trigger!"

"It was an accident"

0:)

I am confused.

I read a report that said he died if a single gunshot wound to the back of the head but neighbours say they heard multiple shots?

Maybe they missed the first time (or two)?

Or maybe they heard echoes?

I am confused.

I read a report that said he died if a single gunshot wound to the back of the head but neighbours say they heard multiple shots?

CBF

Those are called party shots when you shoot into the air excitedly ;)

Also, the authorities may simply have been reporting the "kill" shot. First off, if a person has two wounds and one is to the head, the head shot probably was the cause of death. Next, the authorities always limit what they inform the public prior to trial.

could just be the standard first few days media flubs mixed in too. it seems like every breaking story they mess up SOMETHING that shouldnt be able to be messed up

If Aaron pulled the trigger and it was a close range head shot as is being reported, how could this not be 1st degree?

"But, Mr. Judge sir, I didn't mean to kill him when I pushed the gun up against his head and pulled the trigger!"

"It was an accident"

0:)

Preface: I'm not a cop.

I'm fairly sure Murder 1 is premeditated, as in planned in advance. Murder 2 is spur of the moment rage. Both, as a rule. They may charge Murder 2 and up it to 1 with further investigation, but they usually don't immediately charge 1 unless it's obvious, like a 'hit'.

Just my understanding of the process.

Preface: I'm not a cop.

I'm fairly sure Murder 1 is premeditated, as in planned in advance. Murder 2 is spur of the moment rage. Both, as a rule. They may charge Murder 2 and up it to 1 with further investigation, but they usually don't immediately charge 1 unless it's obvious, like a 'hit'.

Just my understanding of the process.

Yes, my "expertise" comes from cop/law shows but , having said that (ha!), "premeditated" is subjective but only to a point. My example of this would be when one puts a gun to someone's head close enough to leave powder burns (I have no evidence that this is the case except a report that it was "execution style"), then a prosecutor could then say the act was premeditated (I mean, what does the gunman expect will happen when he pulls the trigger on a gun at that range (aka zero inches))?

Still - I believe you are correct that murder 1 is premeditated.

With multiple reports that an arrest warrant has been issued for him on serious charges I think there is a very strong possibility that NE will be without both Gronk and Hernandez for their series opener with the Bills. I would be curious how Belichick will redo his game plan to deal with that huge hole. Without his top TEs and with a different WR group for Brady to get the ball to.

Isn't Dallas Clark available?

With multiple reports that an arrest warrant has been issued for him on serious charges I think there is a very strong possibility that NE will be without both Gronk and Hernandez for their series opener with the Bills. I would be curious how Belichick will redo his game plan to deal with that huge hole. Without his top TEs and with a different WR group for Brady to get the ball to.

Tebow!!!!

I am assuming his security system was digital, which means it could just have a large magnet over it and it's whiped clean. Still, there may be a chance that enough evidence remains.

If it was using hard drives to store the info, it would take more than just a magnet, or a hammer, to destroy the info. Those platters inside the cases are resistent, I used to have to destroy some hard drives instead of returning them to the manufacture because their may be info on them.

Hernandez got bent at Welker for being a dick? well I've seen everything now, the evidence is clear- he's guilty... lol...

Dude, the guy was drafted just days before. Welker busts his balls, which happens to all "rookies" regardless of occupation, and the guy develops a hot head and threatens him with violence. You're right, no story there.

Most everyone has prefaced their comments here with the obligatory " we don't know anything yet, but.." Those who haven't have dealt with the PC Police.

Well, bring it on me. It's prediction time and I'm going with Murder 2 charges on Hernandez.

My reasoning? I watch ID TV.

My prediction:

Aaron didn't pull the trigger, avoids any murder charges. He ends up rolling on his friends at the last minute, pleas down to obstruction, gets ~2 years, which it turns out would have been avoidable had he cooperated from the get go, and Goodell tosses on an indefinite suspension from the NFL.

Dude, the guy was drafted just days before. Welker busts his balls, which happens to all "rookies" regardless of occupation, and the guy develops a hot head and threatens him with violence. You're right, no story there.

its an odd anecdote but it doesnt much mean anything either. having a temper doesnt mean hes killing people.

he appears to be !@#$ed- but again, what can be proved is the big question, and what he can be charged with remains to be seen.

Umm, that's usually how cases develop. The cops get some clues/evidence, begin becoming suspicious, then come up with the most likely scenario with the cooperation of the prosecuting DA. It's the DA's job to prove the case, which we won't get to enjoy until likely around 1-2 years down the line. My point, at this juncture, "proving" a case hasn't even begun and I don't think anyone on here is attempting to prove anything.

Umm, that's usually how cases develop. The cops get some clues/evidence, begin becoming suspicious, then come up with the most likely scenario with the cooperation of the prosecuting DA. It's the DA's job to prove the case, which we won't get to enjoy until likely around 1-2 years down the line. My point, at this juncture, "proving" a case hasn't even begun and I don't think anyone on here is attempting to prove anything.

There were two other guys in the car. One of these guys will rat out the shooter.

Great, Welker created a killer.... and not just one of the Buffalo Defense.

thanks Ben Matlock